Used 2006 Lincoln Zephyr Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lincoln Zephyr - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 6-speed Automatic - (149 reviews )

Somethings Missing
By RBS

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Came out of an LS to the Zephyr. I know we are comparing apples and oranges but Lincoln really missed the mark if trying to retain customers who came to the brand for mid performance. LS was tight and confident. Zephyr is not even close. Zephyer is luxury inside while the vehile is in park. Awesome interior, no mechanical issues, great looks and finish. Step on the gas and it ends here. Loud unrefined engine noise, unremarkable ride, major torque steer. This is a Fusion at best with a better interior. Nothing wrong with this except why pay for luxury and get a common auto mobile. After 7 weeks I traded it out.

Great and comfortable interior, more than substantial stereo.

Quiet down the engine and compensate for awful torque steer. Add speed sensitive steering.

Ford is the best of American made cars
By BenjiS49

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Owned the vehicle for 2 months and really love this car. I get many compliments on my new car and I inform them it is 4 years old and not new. This design is like the 2010 MKZ and in top condition so it appears that way. The mileage is very good, not great. I get 24 in town and 27 on the highway. Seats are very comfortable and fully adjustable. Leather seats are wonderful on long trips.

Memory seats and the heated seats.

Trunk release should allow the lid to pop up to the open position. Luxury cars this is a normal standard with remote release.

Better Than The "Experts" Think It Is
By CharlieO

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have read numerous reviews of the 2006 Zephyr in magazines and newspapers, and almost all of them were unenthusiastic. Most claimed that the Zephyr is just a dressed up Milan, and some are critical of the performance or the interior styling. I studied these reviews before buying the car, but then I took a couple of test drives to decide for myself. I compared it to competing cars from Lexus, Infiniti, Acura, and Audi, and decided that FOR ME the Zephyr is the best choice. It handles well, looks great, and has been extremely reliable. After 3 years on the road, the Zephyr is at the top of the JD Powers quality survey, and is rated highly by Consumer Reports. Buy one, you'll like it!

Navigation system THX audio Interior styling Large trunk Fold-down rear seat

Tighter turning radius, better fuel economy. MKZ took care of almost everything - good job, Ford!

These are a few of my favorite things
By Nook Schreier

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my pre-owned Zephyr over 4 months ago, and I still smile when I walk up to it, it's just fantastic. It's such a classy-looking car, ESPECIALLY in black, which mine is. Unfortunately, being black, the birds seem to enjoy hanging out above it... often. It's very fun to drive, though as has been pointed out repeatedly, the gas mileage leaves something to be desired. I live pretty close to work and don't drive a whole lot otherwise, so I'm getting about 17mpg regular. But on the highway, I have gotten 30mpg, so that's something. I've read reviews saying the acceleration is bad, but I haven't really experienced that, if you drive it intelligently (don't slam the gas/squeal tires).

It just looks beautiful! The CEO said he was jealous. :) The steering wheel controls for fan/temp as well as radio volume/media change are quite handy. MP3-capable 6-disc changer? You can actually play music for about three days straight without repeats or changing discs.

The digital volume control is a little touchy: it needs half-steps, or just make the volume control analog (barbaric, I know). The Auto-AC likes to default to full-blast, which is a bit annoying. The seat cooling is not as effective as I'd like it to be, though the heating does work well.

Very good car.
By Bill

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I found this car slightly used at a Jeep dealer and really liked it at first sight. I have driven it all over and on two long trips (5K miles) since then and still like it a lot. This US car is better than any Toyota or Honda and is comparable to the Lexus. It drives great, gets good MPG (26-30 hwy), runs very quiet and is very reliable. It is great car for a couple or a small family with lots of trunk room and a big back seat for extra junk or two kids or two friends as needed. The car is very luxurious and great looking on both the inside and outside. I highly recommend it to all my friends.

Super luxurious interior with cream leather seats and blond wood accents. Fantastic outside looks. Extra night lighting on the outside mirrors, head lights, tail lamps and inside doom lights when I unlock the car for easy safe entry.

Make the front bottom bucket seats softer and bigger for bigger softer people. Put a cooling and heating vent and a power plug in the back seat. Make the front seat cigar lighter work as a power plug. Make the outside number door lock more secure.