2006 Lincoln Zephyr - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 6-speed Automatic - (147 reviews )
Quiet surprise
By Jeff on 12/31/07 20:55 PM (PST)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the Zephyr a year ago with every available feature except the Nav system (have cell phone GPS for that). The projected TCO is $0.45/mile so far with the factory 5 yr maintenance plan. Driving has been a pleasant surprise: smooth, quiet ride yet agile handling when needed. Mileage has ranged from 19 to 31 MPG with 23 MPG typical per tank full. The THX II delivers a satisfying volume and quality of about any style of music I know of.

First Ford product in over 35 years
By GM Convert on 10/16/07 07:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought Zephyr used with only 11k miles. Fully loaded with every option. Like the cooled seats (Houston is hot) killer sound system and tremendous storage with rear seat folded down. Adding door protector strip to avoid dings. Could use a little more power and engine sounds "busy" when accelerating. Gas mileage averaging around 22.5. Don't like the tilt steering, GM is much better.

Great Domestic Luxury Sedan
By BK1965 on 10/05/07 09:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I previously owned a Cadillac Deville and was considering the CTS as a replacement. The Lincoln, with front- wheel drive, proved to have a more appealing interior design and layout and caused me to re-think my original plan. The Lincoln offers a stylish dash and cabin and sporty exterior looks. It is definitely not a Town Car and is a nice replacement for the Lincoln LS. The smooth 6-speed transmission provides a nice ride and good gas mileage. Lincoln has obviously gone back to the drawing board to try to attract a younger buyer and compete for some of the import shoppers in this segment.

Great little luxury car!
By Linda of Rogers AR on 10/01/07 12:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Zephyr as soon as it came out and I have been very pleased. It has plenty of power; I get about 19.5 miles to the gallon in the city. I have never had to take it in for anything major, but I did have to have the CD player replaced once. I get lots of compliments on the looks of it and I enjoy driving it. I wasn't surprised to see it so highly rated in Consumer Reports used car report. It's been a great small car with lots of luxury features. My only regret is not getting the sun/moon roof option.

So far, so good !
By Steve Provost on 08/18/07 06:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my '06 Zephyr 3 months ago with 26K miles. So far, I love it! I had intended to purchase a CTS, but when I saw the Lincoln, I realized it had everything I wanted. My car has the moonroof, THX stereo, cooled seats, and (I think)the optional headlights. I didn't realize a Zephyr even existed! Lincoln should have advertised more agressively! The 221 h.p. is less than my last vehicle ('oo supercharged Regal,240 h.p)yet I find the performance to be quite acceptable. I really like the smooth shifting 6 speed tranny. The car corners much better than my Buick (too much body roll) and has a quiet ride. Fuel mileage is between 23-28 mpg. Time will tell, but this car seems like a winner!

all american
By anczdad on 03/09/07 16:31 PM (PST)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

beautiful car,so much nicer than the cts,,,now thats an ugly car. why did they have to change the name to mkz,,now i have to trade mine in. i will miss my tungsten grey though since it isn't available on the mkz

Bought this car used for my Mother
By Michael on 03/02/07 08:12 AM (PST)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Nice car. Fuel mileage could be a bit better. Very comfortable and quiet-- much quieter than the 1999 Chrysler 300M I owned. Cooled seats are a welcome option! My mother loves her "new" car. Standard radio has much more clean and clear bass (and sounds better IMHO) than the fancy THX-II system.

Nice attempt.....falls short of imports
By airone on 01/16/07 19:04 PM (PST)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

All in all a good car.This car handles well in most situations and is quite comfortable overall.However,a little more headroom would be nice! Forget this car if you are 6'2 or over.The engine responds well at highway speeds when you are already going with the flow of traffic. This car needs more power off the line! As well as more insulation to keep some of that noise out of the cabin! Some of the interior finishes are a bit cheap and the leather could be a bit better grade. My driver seat is already showing signs of premature wear and the car is only 10 months old. I have to condtion it regularly!! Stereo and related electronics had to be replaced due to electronic failure. All under warranty..

06 Zephyr 3500 miles
By fitco on 12/26/06 21:11 PM (PST)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is one of the nicest cars I've ever owned. Quiet, great ride, ample performance, very surefooted on wet pavement, every option available and under $35K. No expense was spared on the interior. The car in and out is a flat-out show stopper. Everywhere I go, car wash, supermarket, etc. people stop me and want to know what it is and salivate over it. Handles very well. No problems with it so far. Gas mileage disappointing in the beginning (18 MPG around town) but went up to a consistent 22 MPG after about 2000 miles and have reached 28 MPG highway. Could be a little quicker off the line, but really moves once in motion. This car is definitely not a fluffy Fusion. It's all Lincoln.

lincoln retrurns
By berman on 12/25/06 22:40 PM (PST)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

really enjoyable driving this car, when i each a destination i remain in the car to finish listening to my cd.,but a little more power ,sound proofing,and outside mirrors that are on springs, bluetooth, steering wheel (powered),tire pressure gauge,would make this car something the foreign cars would have to worry about.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.