2006 Lincoln Zephyr - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 6-speed Automatic - (147 reviews )
Better Than The "Experts" Think It Is
By CharlieO on 09/22/09 10:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have read numerous reviews of the 2006 Zephyr in magazines and newspapers, and almost all of them were unenthusiastic. Most claimed that the Zephyr is just a dressed up Milan, and some are critical of the performance or the interior styling. I studied these reviews before buying the car, but then I took a couple of test drives to decide for myself. I compared it to competing cars from Lexus, Infiniti, Acura, and Audi, and decided that FOR ME the Zephyr is the best choice. It handles well, looks great, and has been extremely reliable. After 3 years on the road, the Zephyr is at the top of the JD Powers quality survey, and is rated highly by Consumer Reports. Buy one, you'll like it!

These are a few of my favorite things
By Nook Schreier on 08/19/09 06:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my pre-owned Zephyr over 4 months ago, and I still smile when I walk up to it, it's just fantastic. It's such a classy-looking car, ESPECIALLY in black, which mine is. Unfortunately, being black, the birds seem to enjoy hanging out above it... often. It's very fun to drive, though as has been pointed out repeatedly, the gas mileage leaves something to be desired. I live pretty close to work and don't drive a whole lot otherwise, so I'm getting about 17mpg regular. But on the highway, I have gotten 30mpg, so that's something. I've read reviews saying the acceleration is bad, but I haven't really experienced that, if you drive it intelligently (don't slam the gas/squeal tires).

Very good car.
By Bill on 05/08/09 17:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I found this car slightly used at a Jeep dealer and really liked it at first sight. I have driven it all over and on two long trips (5K miles) since then and still like it a lot. This US car is better than any Toyota or Honda and is comparable to the Lexus. It drives great, gets good MPG (26-30 hwy), runs very quiet and is very reliable. It is great car for a couple or a small family with lots of trunk room and a big back seat for extra junk or two kids or two friends as needed. The car is very luxurious and great looking on both the inside and outside. I highly recommend it to all my friends.

Satisfied
By Midwest on 02/24/09 14:56 PM (PST)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this vehicle three years now and overall it has been a good experience. No major breakdowns or service issues whatsoever. My only complaint is the V rated tires. If you have a flat you buy a tire. Apparently the sidewalls are so thin, that there is no hope to repair unless you have the flat while sitting still in your garage.

What a Lincoln
By Great Car on 02/18/09 18:00 PM (PST)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for 3 years and absolutely love it. Wish I would have waited for the MKZ and I would be purchasing it at lease end in a few months. May purchase it anyway since it still looks as new as the day I drove it off the showroom floor 3 years ago. I have really been shopping and comparing other makes and models but keep coming back to the Lincoln's can tear myself away.

Good luck finding one to buy!
By knb1 on 07/07/08 07:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great car! Handles well, accelerates well, great gas mileage - 28 mpg combined! Good looking car. Top reliability. I'm 6'4" and fit in this car comfortably. Trunk is large, put the seats down for extra space. Every possible control. Lucky to find one, I had to look for three months until I found a Zephyr, worth the wait.

Zephyr 06
By TEDDY FUTRELL on 05/12/08 08:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned a lot of sports cars and this time Lincoln has come up with all around car great family and sporty, I have had a lot of Vettes that did not handle better than this car, it is great !

Underrated, Undervalued
By kb1 on 05/10/08 10:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

What a deal. I can't think of anything else I could add to this car except a more powerful engine. It feels solid, people stop and look at it all the time. It drives well, has good pick up, corners well and all the instruments are laid out well. You can't read the computer in bright sun, but only at an angle. All in all a great buy!

Good but could be better
By cristo on 02/23/08 18:24 PM (PST)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this Zephyr for 2 years now. All in all it has been a good car for me. There have been some issues,however. Since day one of ownership the car has idled very high after sitting for more than a couple of hours! It takes several minutes for the car to idle down on its own! Have been to the dealer and they say all is fine! My mileage is now dismal and I believe it is due to the high idle every morning and afternoon. 2006 was the only year this particular engine was used.I've talked to other owners of 2007-08 models they have no problems. They also have more power as Lincoln added about 43 horsepower! A friend drove my car and thought it was a 4 cylinder!

My Lincoln Now
By scott luckey on 01/07/08 08:55 AM (PST)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Highway cruising great, gets lots of looks, only improvement would be transmission. Starting off is sometimes clumsy due to accelerator and response.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.