Used 2006 Lincoln Zephyr Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lincoln Zephyr - Consumer Reviews

2006 Lincoln Zephyr

Base 3.0L V6 6-speed Automatic - (147 reviews )

Drivers Seat poor quality Leather
By wrudge

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2006 Zephyr via an auction in 2009. Sharp, sporty looking car! Mine is dark gray & has the light gray interior. The car had a slight worn spot in what appeared to be a seam on the left hand side of the upper drivers seat. In time the worn spot appeared to stretch & you could see fibers & then the dye in the leather started to come off in just that one small section. I paid $400 to have the upper seat leather replaced. It happened again & they took the cover back and gave me another. Now, less than 6 mos. later it is doing the same thing. The same location on all 3. Time for a meeting with a Factory Rep.

Favorite Features

Interior appearance and the overall design is very good.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the quality of the leather going forward.

poor wheel quality
By bentley11

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2006 zephyer with all options have 8 thousand miles on it bought new. The chrome is peeling off of the wheels I have talked to other owners and they have the same problem. I purchased an extended warranty I was told by lincoln the wheels are not covered. I have bought lincolns for over 30 years this will be my last terrible customer service. if you own one check your wheels

Our 06 Zephyr
By Edward W. Purcell

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

WE love our Lincoln Zephyr, it handles and drives very well, hugs the curves and the ride is smooth. The only thing that I feel could be improved is that the front seats are too small for my frame on a long trip. I am 6' 3" and weigh 225. Although the Zephyr is my wife's car and she loves it especailly the GPS system. WE do like to take it on trips in excess of 400 miles and that is where it becomes un comfortable for me. Besides that I feel the Zephyr is a solid vehicle. I suppose we will need to look for a larger Lincoln perhaps a MKS, we shall see. Thanks for listening Edward & Alice Edward & Alice

Favorite Features

Ride, performance, handling and GPS

Suggested Improvements

Larger front seats, car needs to about 4 inches wider and adding 2 inches in width and length to each front seat would be helpful.

Classy
By Anthony

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Have owned my Lincoln Zephyr for over 3 years and extremely satisfied with vehicle. Never had to take back to dealer while under warranty since I've owned. Exceptional highway mileage of 30mpg with regular gas and extremely smooth and comfortable. Very stylish even though it's several years old now.

Favorite Features

I really enjoy the cooled seats and low cost to operate my Lincoln.

Suggested Improvements

I wish they had put a bit more HP in.

Love my Zephyr, but ...
By MarcusG

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the Zephyr out of auction in 2008 and really have had very few issues with this car and have driven almost 60,000 miles in two years. Very comfortable, great AC, handles well (except in snow), love the heated and cooled seats (thought the cooled seats make you feel wet) and the gas mileage is not bad at all. Have had very few issues with this car with the exception of finding tires that work and don't make a ton of noise, and tires for snow. This car does not do well in the snow without snow tires. Turning radius is horrific, though. My wife's huge SUV has a better turning radius. I'm surprised there aren't more complaints. Otherwise, totally satisfied.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort, gas mileage, styling.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the horrible turning radius, give it better tires for all conditions.