2006 Lincoln Zephyr - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 6-speed Automatic - (147 reviews )
Drivers Seat poor quality Leather
By wrudge on 08/10/12 07:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2006 Zephyr via an auction in 2009. Sharp, sporty looking car! Mine is dark gray & has the light gray interior. The car had a slight worn spot in what appeared to be a seam on the left hand side of the upper drivers seat. In time the worn spot appeared to stretch & you could see fibers & then the dye in the leather started to come off in just that one small section. I paid $400 to have the upper seat leather replaced. It happened again & they took the cover back and gave me another. Now, less than 6 mos. later it is doing the same thing. The same location on all 3. Time for a meeting with a Factory Rep.

poor wheel quality
By bentley11 on 10/16/11 12:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2006 zephyer with all options have 8 thousand miles on it bought new. The chrome is peeling off of the wheels I have talked to other owners and they have the same problem. I purchased an extended warranty I was told by lincoln the wheels are not covered. I have bought lincolns for over 30 years this will be my last terrible customer service. if you own one check your wheels

Our 06 Zephyr
By Edward W. Purcell on 08/21/10 13:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

WE love our Lincoln Zephyr, it handles and drives very well, hugs the curves and the ride is smooth. The only thing that I feel could be improved is that the front seats are too small for my frame on a long trip. I am 6' 3" and weigh 225. Although the Zephyr is my wife's car and she loves it especailly the GPS system. WE do like to take it on trips in excess of 400 miles and that is where it becomes un comfortable for me. Besides that I feel the Zephyr is a solid vehicle. I suppose we will need to look for a larger Lincoln perhaps a MKS, we shall see. Thanks for listening Edward & Alice Edward & Alice

Classy
By Anthony on 07/29/10 04:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Have owned my Lincoln Zephyr for over 3 years and extremely satisfied with vehicle. Never had to take back to dealer while under warranty since I've owned. Exceptional highway mileage of 30mpg with regular gas and extremely smooth and comfortable. Very stylish even though it's several years old now.

Love my Zephyr, but ...
By MarcusG on 06/07/10 10:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the Zephyr out of auction in 2008 and really have had very few issues with this car and have driven almost 60,000 miles in two years. Very comfortable, great AC, handles well (except in snow), love the heated and cooled seats (thought the cooled seats make you feel wet) and the gas mileage is not bad at all. Have had very few issues with this car with the exception of finding tires that work and don't make a ton of noise, and tires for snow. This car does not do well in the snow without snow tires. Turning radius is horrific, though. My wife's huge SUV has a better turning radius. I'm surprised there aren't more complaints. Otherwise, totally satisfied.

Piece of trash
By LOUISIANA on 05/30/10 14:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car in 01/2007. Sold my SUV for this car. It has been nothing but trouble. Been shop more than out. Replaced wheel bearings four times, it has a rough idle that nobody can fine or the noise it makes in the dash.

45,563 miles, new transmission
By lz 2006 on 04/30/10 11:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car 3/2006, use it to drive the 20 miles back and forth to work - today, 4/30/2010 found out I need a new transmission with only 45,563 miles.

Looks nice, very rough trans
By Marc on 12/30/09 13:56 PM (PST)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My Zephyr looks great. I put 20" rims and low profile tires from the start and the car looks great. The tires the dealer sold me were horrible (Nitto) but I replaced them with Michelins that are much better. Car is comfortable and rides fairly well on the freeway. I always get people telling me they love how it looks too. The biggest problem is the transmission and the poor fuel economy. The transmission has been poor from the start, with very jerky upshifting almost predictable when trying to accelerate from a rolling 40 MPH. The transmission actually jerks so hard that the car almost comes off the ground. I am really not looking forward to that repair bill that come inevitably.

Somethings Missing
By RBS on 11/03/09 08:55 AM (PST)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Came out of an LS to the Zephyr. I know we are comparing apples and oranges but Lincoln really missed the mark if trying to retain customers who came to the brand for mid performance. LS was tight and confident. Zephyr is not even close. Zephyer is luxury inside while the vehile is in park. Awesome interior, no mechanical issues, great looks and finish. Step on the gas and it ends here. Loud unrefined engine noise, unremarkable ride, major torque steer. This is a Fusion at best with a better interior. Nothing wrong with this except why pay for luxury and get a common auto mobile. After 7 weeks I traded it out.

Ford is the best of American made cars
By BenjiS49 on 10/24/09 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Zephyr 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Owned the vehicle for 2 months and really love this car. I get many compliments on my new car and I inform them it is 4 years old and not new. This design is like the 2010 MKZ and in top condition so it appears that way. The mileage is very good, not great. I get 24 in town and 27 on the highway. Seats are very comfortable and fully adjustable. Leather seats are wonderful on long trips.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.