The Last Great American Luxery Car
By qcdude on
2010 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I read about the end of production being set 4 8/2011 & I started seaching 4 a low mileage 2010, can't afford new 1. After 3 months I found a clean Continental Edition w/13K & got the dealer down 2 4k below kbb. I took a 300 mile highway trip today after 3 weeks of local travel & I can't believe that this car is being discontinued. I had a Park Avenue years ago and this TC is superior when it comes to ride comfort & neutralizing road noise, seating is lg & plush. The power is adequate 4 this type of vehicle & I got 27 mpg (all flat terain). My first 3 weeks of local travel was only 19. I paid $800 less 4 this slightly used TC than I paid 4 a new fully loaded Accord that I now hate 2 drive.
Favorite Features
My favorite part of the engineering is the various sound suppression devices that are used around the doors, trunk and engine compartment. I also like the panther platform (body on a frame), which gives the car the pillow ride. I consider the sacrifice in handling to be a fair trade for the unprecedented ride. It also aids in sound suppression because vibrations are dampened when they pass through the frame to body connections. The unibody that all other cars have adapted transfers vibrations from the road and engine to the cabin.
Suggested Improvements
The electronics should have been updated years ago. A high end stereo, Satellite radio, mp3 jack, etc would be nice, and adding a few things like cooled seats, Rainsense2 wipers, auto tilt side mirrors with turn signals, all of which could have been available on various trim packages or as options.