Used 2009 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Lincoln Town Car Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Finest car on the road
By Signature

2009 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this beautiful, safe and luxurious vehicle because we had owned a previous Lincoln. Because my husband is handicapped I immediately had U Haul install the strong underbody lift for his motorized wheelchair. We traveled in comfort to MN and Utah but his condition deteriorated and he can no longer use the wheelchair, therefore I hope it will be a solution to someone else who has a patient in need of this superior ride for their loved one.

Enormous trunk space, very efficient dash features, roomy rear seating and the Tom Tom I bought to find our way anywhere. The drivers' seat adjusts automatically to the size of the driver and has a memory for two individuals.

Cannot ask for anything more; it is tan, looks gold in the sun, and has airbags for safety.

SAFETY FIRST!!!
By Dr. Robert Adkins

2009 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We have owned Lincoln Town Cars for over 40 years. Never have experienced a disablement nor failure of any type. Yes, there are lots of more "modern" passenger car - all are built like drink cans - Unitized bodies that have minimal side-crash safety. The TOWN CAR and it's two less expensive siblings are constructed as BODY-On-FRAME. This important safty construction (the frame is outboard (under the doors) is also utilized by Rolls Royce and Bently! See all the Ford Crown Victorias used as Polce Cars and Taxies - Safety is a major reason!

Good Luxury Car with a few exceptions
By Ed

2009 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We actually rented a Signature Limited Town Car from Hertz for vacation. I have rented Town Cars in the 90's and thought I would rent a new one. It was just built in June of 2009 with 6000 miles on it. The engine had power but not the thrust of a Cadillac. The air conditioning also seemed not as cold as a Cadillac. The stereo had the Sirius satellite reception, but just had adequate sound. The seat had lumbar, which previous versions didn't, but the seat cushion on the bottom was flat and needed more cushion. The ride was a little harsh on bumps, I think the air suspension in the rear is to blame.

Soft leather, trunk room.

Bottom of seat cushion, air conditioning, stereo, ride quality.

Great value for the money
By John Walzer

2009 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Anyone that knows anything about cars will agree there is no safer car on the road. I love the spacious interior and quality. This car rides smooth. I think the editor here is off base. If you are in the market for a sports car don't buy this car, however if you want comfort and ride and quality, this is the car for you. I have owned and driven numerous luxury cars, and this one for the money is the best, Thank you Linclon!

Size, Size, and more size, and PRICE, I refuse to pay premium prices for Asian vehicles that cannot hold 5 people and their luggage.

None, car is fine, keep up the good work.

Lincoln
By Jonathan Morris

2009 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle last year with the input of my wife. Although it is a decent car, after shopping around I realize that my decision might have been ill advised. Not too long ago I took a look at the Acura RL. Offers over 300 hp from a V6 with all wheel drive. The interior quality is far superior as are the combination of 10 airbags, independent suspension and 200 k + Honda reliability. It's hard to believe but my Towncar uses a body on frame design and a live axle which makes for handling about as agile as a lumbering elephant compared to the Acura. My wife may not agree but with GM likely going under, the Towncar's time has come and gone.