2008 Lincoln Town Car Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
Brief losses of power - resolved
By mclark on 04/28/10 08:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

In response to review Written by: Vance on 09/03/2009, I also experienced this same situation with my Town Car. After four trips to the dealer over a three month span, and several different attempted solutions, the fix was to replace the fuel pump / fuel float device. This change solved the performance problems, smoothed out the ride and improved gas mileage. To their credit, Lincoln never stopped trying to solve the problem and made me a happy customer and proud owner of this fine vehicle.

outstanding
By alan on 03/15/10 04:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Rides like no other. Owned Mercedes and Lexus and neither compare with the smooth ride of the Lincoln. Power is adequate interior is super comfortable.

Older design that still works!
By Andy on 09/05/09 22:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is Lincoln number nineteen for me and no, I'm not 100 years old! I have driven this car for up to 14 hours at a time with absolutely no fatigue while obtaining 27+ mpg. I've tried it in other cars (namely, my wife's Jaguar, the BMW that preceded it, and a Cadillac I purchased once in a moment of temporary insanity) and I'll take the Lincoln anytime. Sure, other cars have lots of fancy technology. Would be great if it worked, which has not been my experience. Like I said, I've had 19 Lincolns and have never been stranded by a single one of them, nor even had a major repair for that matter. I'm 52 years old and hope they keep building them for as long as I live!

Expect more
By Vance on 09/03/09 19:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have put about 5000 miles on the car since I bought it. I noticed the next day that when cruising at almost any speed, it would periodically hesitate or jerk. It was so subtle that I was not even sure if it was the car or the road. I drove it on some smooth roads and I continued to notice the jerking. I have taken it to the dealer 3 times and now they are telling me that they worked for 2 days with ford and cannot figure out what is wrong. Ford is telling them that it is a nuance of how the car drives. I think its a computer flaw that the average driver does not feel. The shop foreman and a mechanic rode with me twice and they both felt what I was telling them. They still can't figure it out

outstanding
By george on 07/11/09 07:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Yes it is a large vehicle, yet, it is one of the best I have owned so far. I went to pruchase another vehicle and test drove the lexus, mercedes, nissan, even other lincolns. After each test drive I was very happy to get into my TC. I don't know if you would call it fun to drive put it is absolutely a pleasure.

My 6th Lincoln Town Car
By CHRIS on 05/02/08 20:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my sixth Lincoln, this Town Car replaced another Town Car that I have. I am pleased that the Signature Limited is the standard Town Car since it provides the upgraded interior amenties.

'08 Lincoln Town Car Is My 15th Town Car
By Ron on 04/13/08 23:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2008 Lincoln Town Car is my 15th Town Car since 1986 and the car continues to offer the best ride, handling and performance of any luxury car I have driven including those from Bentley, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti and Cadillac. My Dark Cherry Signature Limited edition has all of the options including HID headlights, chrome wheels, trunk organizer and white sidewall tires that give the Town Car a stately and elegant look. My gas mileage so far has been 24 on the highways and 18 in city driving. There is truly no other car that can equal the Town Car on the market today. I am already looking forward to my next Town Car in 2010!

Once Lincoln, Now Buick
By Now Buick on 04/11/08 13:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Was driving the Lincoln Towncar. It just was not what Expected. When driving it made my dentures rattle if you know what I mean. After long trip it felt like someone had jumped on my lower back for hours.

Flawless Town Car
By TODD on 12/06/07 16:33 PM (PST)

2008 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am a 41 year old guy who has owned 18 town cars since the age of twenty. I strayed a couple times to a 430S Class Mercedes and a 530I BMW. The maintenance every 7000 miles was high and the ride in both was rough and caused lower back pain. This Town car like all the other are super smooth and average 22mpg. I can drive to Naples Florida and get out of the car and feel rested rather than feeling stress. From the Country Club to the store I never feel out of place. I'm sold on Lincoln Town car 2008.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.