Used 2008 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lincoln Town-car - Consumer Reviews

2008 Lincoln Town Car

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Brief losses of power - resolved
By mclark

2008 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

In response to review Written by: Vance on 09/03/2009, I also experienced this same situation with my Town Car. After four trips to the dealer over a three month span, and several different attempted solutions, the fix was to replace the fuel pump / fuel float device. This change solved the performance problems, smoothed out the ride and improved gas mileage. To their credit, Lincoln never stopped trying to solve the problem and made me a happy customer and proud owner of this fine vehicle.

Favorite Features

Interior size, quiet surroundings and plush seats. I also enjoy the frequent positive comments on the vehicle from friends, family and others who happen to take a ride.

Suggested Improvements

Improve trunk storage options, the size is great but no way to control movement of contents. Also, made the exterior a little more sleek, less box like.

outstanding
By alan

2008 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Rides like no other. Owned Mercedes and Lexus and neither compare with the smooth ride of the Lincoln. Power is adequate interior is super comfortable.

Favorite Features

It's smooth and quit ride.

Suggested Improvements

change exterior appearance and add mp3 capability. Real dump move that the radio will not play mp3 disc.

Older design that still works!
By Andy

2008 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is Lincoln number nineteen for me and no, I'm not 100 years old! I have driven this car for up to 14 hours at a time with absolutely no fatigue while obtaining 27+ mpg. I've tried it in other cars (namely, my wife's Jaguar, the BMW that preceded it, and a Cadillac I purchased once in a moment of temporary insanity) and I'll take the Lincoln anytime. Sure, other cars have lots of fancy technology. Would be great if it worked, which has not been my experience. Like I said, I've had 19 Lincolns and have never been stranded by a single one of them, nor even had a major repair for that matter. I'm 52 years old and hope they keep building them for as long as I live!

Favorite Features

The ride and spaciousness are unequaled unless you have the bucks to shell out for a Rolls-Royce. Love the electric trunk lid function!

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the moonroof. Tweak the exterior styling enough to shut up the critics and make it distinguishable from the '04 and '06 models I had before. There has not been even a minor facelift since 2003. P-L-E-A-S-E????

Expect more
By Vance

2008 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have put about 5000 miles on the car since I bought it. I noticed the next day that when cruising at almost any speed, it would periodically hesitate or jerk. It was so subtle that I was not even sure if it was the car or the road. I drove it on some smooth roads and I continued to notice the jerking. I have taken it to the dealer 3 times and now they are telling me that they worked for 2 days with ford and cannot figure out what is wrong. Ford is telling them that it is a nuance of how the car drives. I think its a computer flaw that the average driver does not feel. The shop foreman and a mechanic rode with me twice and they both felt what I was telling them. They still can't figure it out

Favorite Features

lots of space in trunk and roomy interior.

Suggested Improvements

Better handling, tune the engine to get that jerk out of it, give it better mileage.

outstanding
By george

2008 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Yes it is a large vehicle, yet, it is one of the best I have owned so far. I went to pruchase another vehicle and test drove the lexus, mercedes, nissan, even other lincolns. After each test drive I was very happy to get into my TC. I don't know if you would call it fun to drive put it is absolutely a pleasure.

Favorite Features

confort, steering, smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

new style body.