2007 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Review: Edmunds shortfall

2007 Lincoln Town Car - Consumer Review

Signature Limited Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Edmunds shortfall
By Stagebuster on

2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Edmunds, has in the past been less than positive about this car. Without going into detail: the car has very adequate performance, gas mileage is equal to or surpasses many of the cars Edmunds refers to. My wife has an Infiniti Q45 and the Lincoln gets better fuel economy and I believe a more pleasant ride. I am glad to note that Edmunds is less critical of this car recently but one must be aware that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I base these comments on owning 2 Fords, 3 Mercurys and 3 Lincolns. AND they are all American made, mostly. Sorry to see the Towncar go by the wayside. Sorrowfully I cannot determine my replacement. I have driven all the new models Lincoln offers, blah!

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage and passenger, cargo carry.

Suggested Improvements

None
By stagebuster
on 07/08/12 12:05 PM (PDT)

I agree. Ford made a mistake in "canning" the town car. Just bbought a 2011 program car, plan to expire before it quits.

By aladdinsane
on 05/19/14 11:40 AM (PDT)

I'm considering the purchase of a 2007 pre-owned Town Car...what I will do, upon finding a suitable L version of this machine, is redo the exterior color...Why? I find the colors available for this vintage TC boring, speaking for myself. Other changes? Perhaps, but a factory moonroof is a must have. Ford committed a huge mistake in eliminating the Town Car, IMHO. Bummer! Peace... AladdinSane<-