Used 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Great Value
By TC Cruiser

2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Lincoln and it is by far the best I've owned.My '07 rides better than my '96 and gets better gas mileage. This car truly excels on the highway where the soft ride, excellent sound system and more than adequate power consumes miles without effort. I have owned Acura, Mercedes and other quality cars and for the money, they cannot match the TC. The interior is so large and comfortable you cannot compare it to any other car. The gas mileage is great for such a large car. On long trips I have averaged almost 25 mpg going 75 mph - all done on regular gas. This car does everything extremely well at a very compelling price.

Favorite Features

Great V8 power, regular gas, smoothest ride, living room comfort, huge trunk, powerful AC system, large car safety

Suggested Improvements

Optional larger V8, suicide doors, center console, speed alarm, less bright dashboard light

Confused now...
By Confused now....

2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had the car for over a year and not in love with it yet. I am a fairly young driver for this type of car (34 when I bought it). I owned a Deville prior and am leaning towards another one. The air ride was better in the Cadillac, instrument panel had more options, seats were more comfortable, engine performance much, much better, and features that Lincoln doesn't even offer.

Favorite Features

Steering is great and handles well; transmission shifts much more smoothly than a Cadillac; exterior style is better than any other luxury sedan (domestic and foreign)

Suggested Improvements

Stereo is not good even with upgrade; steering controls are not comfortable (hard to press - I cannot imagine grandma(s) even trying to use the darn things); suspension is not Lincoln quality anymore (think 88-95 Continental); jazz up the looks (maybe opera lamps again, etc)

Excellent choice
By ACW

2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

These cars are very well built. 2008 is very likely to be the last year that the Town Car is available. There is simply no ride quality to equal that of the town car. The engine is well refined and superior to the all aluminum NorthStar power plant of the Cadillac (which is well known now for its grievous unreliability.) This car is heavy, safe, and handles extremely well for its size. The fuel mileage is great for this car (avg. 25mpg on the road). It is sad to see this icon of American luxury go. If you want traditional a\American luxury, the reliability of rear wheel drive, and the reliable, versatile, and inexpensive to maintain modular engine, you need to seriously consider this car

Favorite Features

So many favorites: The glove soft leather seats, the soft seat cushions, the electronic instrument features, the ride quality, the safety, the armrest which opens two ways, the excellent engine and transmission, and the rear wheel drive! .

Suggested Improvements

I have no suggested improvements. First, I feel there really is nothing to improve, but unfortunately no improvements will likely be made because production will soon end.

I may be crazy but...
By John

2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought the Signature series TownCar. An absolute dream - inside and out. Although the gas prices have gone through the roof, I am pleased to see that I am getting 20 miles per gallon - mostly city driving. Very comfortable; great features and great all around visibility.

Favorite Features

Comfort, styling, decent gas mileage for a car this size.

Suggested Improvements

None

Easy Rider
By 3 in a row

2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Solid as Grandpa's Reo but a lot easier to drive. I'm a long distance type and take a couple of 3000 mile trips a year. Nothing out there compares with the piece of mind and comfort steering this big beast through mountain roads and big city traffic. This one is a duplicate of my 2003 but for some reason feels a little more solid if that's possible. Cheapened the sun visors for some reason but seats seem softer and this radio which was a pretty cheap up grade is better than the $600 rig in my son's car. Other than that it's the same car. I hate to keep hearing that Ford wants to drop the model. The limo people must be worried.

Favorite Features

Size, comfort, easy to handle despite the size and surprising gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Not much except maybe do something about those chintzy sun visors.