2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

06 Town Car Sig LTD.
By Alnatl

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my 06 Town Car for approximately 14 months now and can safely say that it is one of the better Lincolns I have owned (and I have owned many since the 1982 model year). The new styling, introduced in 2003, is one of the best I've seen on the road, and the ride is like no other vehicle in its class. Two thumbs up to the 2006 Lincoln Town Car!

Favorite Features

Optional navigation system, seat comfort, great visibility, easy to read gauges, dual analog and digital speedometer.

Suggested Improvements

wind noise, horsepower needs to be increased.

great car
By RICHARD TURNER

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i have always wanted to buy a lincoln towncar i had a 2002 continental this 2006 towncar is a dream come true. it's like riding in your jet plane. that's for a great car

Favorite Features

is the leather heated seats & auto truck

Suggested Improvements

built in navigation system & wireless phone

Great Car So Far
By JHL

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned at least 60 cars and trucks during my lifetime, from sports to luxury, from utility to fancy. This car is one of the finest that I've come across, it's very comfortable and has adequate power, I do a lot of highway driving and I bought this car for comfort and I feel that is has the most comfort of anything I've owned thus far. The fact that is gets 23 mpg on the road for a car this big is great in my book, I had a 78 Chrysler New Yorker that got 7 mpg when it was new. I have a high degree of confidence in this car, I just traded a Continental with 131k miles and it was a great car.

Favorite Features

Sound System, Rear parking aid, Comfort, Flex fuel capability, Roadability for highway travel.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth capability, Sun visors seem a little Cheesy, need pullouts on the side of them like my 1998 GMC Safari Van.

I love my 14th town car, still the best!
By LTC06

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Designer Series 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2006 Lincoln Town Designer Series is my 14th Town Car since 1986! And I can say that this 2006 edition is still the best luxury car on the US market. No other luxury car can boast the quality of ride, ease of handling, quickness and smoothness of response to various driving and road conditions, build quality, luxury appointments and reliability that the Town Car continues to offer. My fuel economy experience is in the 20 city/28 highway range. I have never had a mechanical problem with any of my 14 Town Cars. I have tried the Japanese, German, English and American luxury vehicles and none can compare to the Lincoln Town Car!

Favorite Features

Power open/close trunk, heated seats, auto dim mirrors, navigation system, THX sound system with Sirius radio, power lumbar support, HID headlights, traction control system, cupholders, in- car storage areas, cargo storage unit in trunk, custom made floor mats, the exclusive Town Car ride and handling

Suggested Improvements

Now five-years old, it is time for a refreshing to the Town Car's exterior and interior. I hope Lincoln will refresh the Town Car while keeping its stately and dynamic appearance that has always made it stand out from the competition. Keep the rear-wheel drive and air suspension.

This is a great car
By Ken

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Designer Series 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the car, it has style, room and get up and go when you need it. About 27 mpg on the hwy way. I always smile when I see it. To me it says, "you have made it"

Favorite Features

Easy access, smooth on the road. Love the memory seats and pedals for the times my wife drives. Same for the elect trunk full open and close when my hands are full. Having both CD and cassette players.

Suggested Improvements

Interior trim around seat mounts comes loose, small electrical problems, heated seat lights, instrument and dash lighting has intermittent problem.

The epitome of perfection
By Wise Owl

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I think the Town car is the only true luxury sedan on the market. I can find nothing wrong with the design of this car! It truly is a masterpiece. I hope it lasts forever. Ford should not touch this car, in fear of ruining it! I love it, I get 31+ MPG on the highway, how can you beat that? I do find that if you drive this car prudently the mileage is ridiculously high for a car this size. However, if you drive it like a sports car, say goodbye to economy, and rightfully so! If you want to own and drive true American craftsmanship, made with pride, buy this car! You will not find a better car for the money.

Favorite Features

Size, comfort, features, style, safety, class, elegance, should I go on?

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel.

Magic Carpet Ride
By RamRod

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Put your money towards the truly meaningful aspects of an automobile such as "ride" - "reliability" - "comfort" - "safety". Nothing on the market today surpasses my Lincoln Town Car in these categories. Performance, power, and gas mileage are suprisingly excellent also. Your grandfather and great-grandfather would buy this car. Flashy colors, designs & styling looses it's appeal. The qualities I mentioned above last forever. They are the true componants of "buyer's satisfaction". If your vehicle has these qualities, you won't have to worry about "buyer's remorse". EA:Southern Gentleman - Birmingham, Alabama

Favorite Features

Interior design and comfort is exceptional. Selective chassis / suspension setup for slippery - winding roads. V8 power is priceless. Updated & Modern dash display (both analog & digital) w/ steering wheel controls. Keyless entry (who needs ONSTAR to unlock doors with this!)

Suggested Improvements

Needed improvements are few. Better performing transmission and / or rear end for quicker shifting and more effective use engaging V8 power. Tinted window should have more "tint" (currently almost undistinguishable from "no tint" windows. External styling chg to clearly seperate Town Car from cousin

Happy with my Town Car
By PAUL TERRAULT

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I like the way it looks, it drives and feels. I love to take it on long drives accross the country.

happy i bought it
By Mary Ann

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I like lincolns especially the town cars- my father always said they were well built and comfortable. He was 100% right. The ride is great and it feels like you are being hugged in safety.

Favorite Features

That there is also digital readouts on the front panel....like speed etc

Suggested Improvements

I would appreciate a larger interior

Overall
By Red

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Designer Series 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The air conditiong fan creates deafening noises at most speeds. Seats are uncomfortable...passengers bottom out at every bump. every road anomally, bumps, cracks, patches etc can be felt thru the floor boards, steering wheel and the seats. I was a recent owner of a 2002 Cadillac and without a doubt, the Lincoln, by comparison, is not a Luxury Car. The suspension was probably designed by an ex jeep designer... The gas pedal frequenly causes the vehicle to jump from a start position. Lacks the smoothness of previously owned cars.

Favorite Features

automatic trunk closing

Suggested Improvements

Remove the Hood Ornaments and place them on a Cadillac...or....Lexus will never purchase another Lincoln....