Used 2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Love it
By Designer

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Designer Series 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just love my Town Car. Flawless. Never had problem #1. Love the silky smooth ride & the improved suspension and better cornering. Great interior, huge trunk, decent gas mileage. Love the fog lights & power glass moonroof as well as the in dash cassette & in dash CD and trunk mounted CD changer. Great to have a car again with cornering lights, too. They tried to interest me in a simulated convertible top, but I like the look of the metal top. Like the white walls with the chrome wheels and I installed the aftermarket chrome tail lamp 360-degee trim. Really looks elegant. The power close trunk is ideal when taking big bulky heavey things out of the trunk. Push button on key & it shuts

Favorite Features

The power close trunk, the ability to chose the length of time that the headlights stay on after you leave the car. Wife's Jeep has one setting and that is 40 seconds! Not long enough, unless you are a track star! Like the door "pockets with the lids, to put thing into.

Suggested Improvements

Add: front bumper parking assist beeper, air cooled seats, bring back the moonroof, bring back the fog lights, and never even think about dropping the driver side exterior key pad. Add 75 horsepower to make 315. Add more paint colors for increased selectin and bring back white leather interior !

Last of the "real" American Luxury cars
By Lawrence K. Mahuna

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This Lincon Town Car has a beautiful ride and it does not pretend to be anything else but a comfortable ride. It does not have 400+ horses, nor is it a sports car. But if you want a car that gets you from point A-B in the most comfortable manner possible, chose the Town Car. I have a bad back and the Town Car makes it feel better after a long run and does not make you feel that you need a chiropractor. It is too bad that Ford is thinking of discontinuing the TC. Perhaps a litte more horses and a six speed transmission with electronic control would do the job. It would take so little to make this car attractive to new buyers.

Favorite Features

Air shock design, parking monitor (rear), large trunk, great rear seat room for three adults. 21 MPG overall for such a large automobile

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower, 300 or a little more, multi-values per cylinder, six speed automatic transmission

Outstanding Automobile
By Wisegy123

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Town Car and I love it. I have found the Lincolns to be very reliable with superior quality. It is a very comfortable vehicle to drive. I have owned BMW's and Mercedes Benz's, but I keep coming back to the Town Car. I find them more economical to maintain and repair without sacrificing luxury and quality. I would recommend the car to anyone. After our first one, it is the only make of car that my wife wants to own.

Favorite Features

Self-closing trunk lid, back-up/parking sensors. Luxurious interior. Comfortable ride

Suggested Improvements

Improved visor vanity mirrors, Seat position/Mirror memory along with Heated seats should be standard features

Best Lincoln I Ever Owned
By alexvaughn

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Live in FL we drive to MA we average 27 mph doing 70. We love the car. Have nothing wrong with it & it's very comfortable to drive. I loved the dash on my 95 better

Favorite Features

All of the car

Suggested Improvements

When it rains my 2003 the wiper blades came on automatically with head lights i loved it they took it away on 2006 who knows why?

06 Lincoln Signature LTD
By Chas in NJ

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the car for price, size, safety, and most of all, American made. As far as I am concerned, no foreign name plate can come close. Everything works fine; ride and handling are exceptional for this size vehicle. Only 400 miles since November, but I look forward to using this car much more.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort, handling. HID headlamps, stereo, digital/analog speedometer and sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

Headlight switch and dash trim reflect in the driver side rear view mirror.