Used 2006 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lincoln Town Car - Consumer Reviews

2006 Lincoln Town Car

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Best car I ever had and Edmunds helped me find it!
By Jeffrey Bautista, AIG Financial Representative

2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The car was thousands below original asking price. Bought it after Thanksgiving at Crown Lexus, Larry and Rose from their internet department held the car for me until I arrived. Paid it in full so the price I got was the only price I paid for. Edmunds.com gave me a $200 prepaid visa card which arrive in about 10 days. What more can I ask for. Love Edmunds.com! I will use Edmunds.com again.

Last of the Dinosaurs
By Chris Hawkins

2006 Lincoln Town Car Designer Series 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Last of the dinosaurs because large RWD, body-on-frame luxury American cars are extinct. Plus mine is Black Cherry, which is almost purple. I had never paid attention to Town Cars before, but when a friend bought a 2001 Cartier in mint condition I looked a lot closer. I was so pleased with what I discovered that I immediately set out to get one of my own. After a lot of research I determined that 2006-2007 is the sweet spot for these cars. Any earlier issues had been resolved in production since 1998 and by 2006 they were essentially perfected and had all the upgrades. I also discovered the Designer Series, which was only made from 2006-2007. It is the only model in all those years that had a unique upgraded interior - more lush than the Signature or Cartier models. The shirred leather with contrast piping and adjustable rear headrests stand out. All but three options were standard on the Designer and the car I found has them: Moonroof, HID headlights, and Navigation. It has been such a pleasure to own. The entire driving experience of the car brings to mind the description Rolls Royce uses for the operation of its cars: Ball of silk. All the controls and its progress down the road have a quality "ball bearing in oil" smoothness to them. The ride is impeccable and the sound levels are astonishingly low. And best of all, it feels like a REAL car, not one of these toy FWD things. It has genuine luxury, a level of silence, space and smoothness that has been largely lost in today's downsized cruisers. Everyone who rides in it is immediately impressed with these qualities.

I also bought the car because I know they are essentially bullet-proof, and easy and inexpensive to repair should something happen. Even the air suspension (my one concern) is engineered to be swapped out in an hour, and parts for it are cheap and plentiful. I hope to keep this car for many years - there is really nothing on the market to replace it with, except another one. I have had zero problems or repairs with the car since I bought it a year ago.

Rugged, Dependable, Smooth, Quiet...
By 0rnery

2006 Lincoln Town Car Designer Series 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Why is the panther platform the 1st choice for patrol cars, taxi and livery service?
For the very same reason it's MY 1st choice!
Built like a bull, quiet as a mouse and smooth as a... panther.
I repair my own cars as much as possible, and these cars break down the least of any, and when they do, they're cheap and easy to fix.
Not to mention the inherent safety of a full size, body on frame vehicle.

Just took delivery of a 2006 Designer and it's no different than my previous Town Cars and Grand Marquis' in comfort and roominess.
This platform has been tweaked to perfection as far as drive-ability.

Tighter steering and quicker from a stand still. Darting out into heavy traffic has never been a problem, but is even easier in this 3rd generation. It's even quieter than previous generations, which is amazing, since they've always been quiet as a tomb. You can still easily get at all the spark plugs and everything else under the hood. Lower trunk lift-over height is nice. Plenty of storage in arm rests and cup holders too. Last, but not least, rear wheel drive! Drives better, and easier to access transmission and everything else in the engine bay. More rugged all the way around.

Rear windows don't go all the way down, boo! More power wouldn't hurt, but not at the expense of lower mileage. Honestly, this platform is pretty much perfected in this generation. I fully expect this car to last me 20 years at least, and given my Panther history, that's easily doable.

My 06 t/c
By jessem12801

2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a 99 a couple of years ago and didn't like it at all. Not as comfortable as the Lincoln t/c's of the 90's vintage. Then I bought an 05. A little better comfort wise but still worse then the 90's versions. Now I have my 06 sig. Ltd. Comfort is slightly better then the 05 or maybe I'm just used to the seats by now. I like the adjustable pedals and cd changer and the Lincoln town car ride! Nothing else like it. I know the reliability of these cars is second to none since I drove limo's for 20+ years in NYC in these and they never broke! 300,000 miles easy and no issues! I still prefer the old body style though. Just a more elegant looking car all around. Ford has one of the most reliable cars ever

Reliability, ride, prices of used ones!

Ugly body style compared to the 90's versions, fix that. A/C unit. Seats need improvement! It's obvious Ford cut corners on the seats in this car.

Could Be Better...
By Roger2Texas

2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Car rides smooth in city, absorbs bumps very well. Have had problems with A/C vacuum valve that controls recirculation of air. Had replaced twice, seems to be messing up again. A/C vacuum makes weird noises when car first started. On highway, car seems to sway a lot. This being the 3rd Town Car I've owned, this has the worst handling quality on highway (especially with full load of 6 people). Bumpers quality is not as good as previous models, maybe should consider purchasing a Crown Victoria or Grand Marquis for a cheaper price (cuz they are off the same assembly line!!) Don't let the Lincoln logo fool you.

6 CD changer, nice sound system, digital & regular speedomoter in one, auto system check, car is pretty, back- up sensors, driver side memory seats, pedals, and mirrors.

Fix the way car handles on highway. Can't keep car in a straight line. Better bumpers, better A/C components, place oil filter in a better place (oil always burns the side of my arm).