2006 Lincoln Town Car - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
Rugged, Dependable, Smooth, Quiet...
By 0rnery on 08/20/14 17:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Town Car Designer Series 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Why is the panther platform the 1st choice for patrol cars, taxi and livery service? For the very same reason it's MY 1st choice! Built like a bull, quiet as a mouse and smooth as a... panther. I repair my own cars as much as possible, and these cars break down the least of any, and when they do, they're cheap and easy to fix. Not to mention the inherent safety of a full size, body on frame vehicle. Just took delivery of a 2006 Designer and it's no different than my previous Town Cars and Grand Marquis' in comfort and roominess. This platform has been tweaked to perfection as far as drive-ability.

My 06 t/c
By jessem12801 on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a 99 a couple of years ago and didn't like it at all. Not as comfortable as the Lincoln t/c's of the 90's vintage. Then I bought an 05. A little better comfort wise but still worse then the 90's versions. Now I have my 06 sig. Ltd. Comfort is slightly better then the 05 or maybe I'm just used to the seats by now. I like the adjustable pedals and cd changer and the Lincoln town car ride! Nothing else like it. I know the reliability of these cars is second to none since I drove limo's for 20+ years in NYC in these and they never broke! 300,000 miles easy and no issues! I still prefer the old body style though. Just a more elegant looking car all around. Ford has one of the most reliable cars ever

Could Be Better...
By Roger2Texas on 07/14/09 10:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Car rides smooth in city, absorbs bumps very well. Have had problems with A/C vacuum valve that controls recirculation of air. Had replaced twice, seems to be messing up again. A/C vacuum makes weird noises when car first started. On highway, car seems to sway a lot. This being the 3rd Town Car I've owned, this has the worst handling quality on highway (especially with full load of 6 people). Bumpers quality is not as good as previous models, maybe should consider purchasing a Crown Victoria or Grand Marquis for a cheaper price (cuz they are off the same assembly line!!) Don't let the Lincoln logo fool you.

I love this car.......
By Furley on 04/27/09 09:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Town Car Designer Series 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a commuters dream; I drive from Scranton to NYC daily and I must say this is the best car for commuting ever! I have had other cars nothing compares to the Lincoln Town Car. I would say for the price I paid, and that fact that any garage anywhere can do a quick service on it with out any difficulty is perfect for me. I love the ride, it is perfect for NYC potholes. This car has 200,000 miles on it everything still works. No problems at all.

Town Car / affordable luxury
By Fred Issa on 10/23/08 12:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2006 Lincoln Town Car is the 6th Lincoln I have owned. I love Town Cars for rear wheel drive, affordability, looks, great as mileage at 28 MPG, [with the Nitro filed tires] doing 65 - 70 miles per hour. The ride is like sitting at home in your easy chair. I keep my Lincoln Town Cars 10 years or more, even after I buy new ones. One of my best friends bought a new 2008 top of the line Lexus, and he said my TC gives a better ride than his car, for which he paid a bundle. When we have visitors from out of the country, visiting the USA, and I am asked to take them to the airport, they think they are riding in a limo. Several have commented that they drive a Mercedes, or BMW, & prefer mine

Love it
By Designer on 10/19/08 19:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Town Car Designer Series 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just love my Town Car. Flawless. Never had problem #1. Love the silky smooth ride & the improved suspension and better cornering. Great interior, huge trunk, decent gas mileage. Love the fog lights & power glass moonroof as well as the in dash cassette & in dash CD and trunk mounted CD changer. Great to have a car again with cornering lights, too. They tried to interest me in a simulated convertible top, but I like the look of the metal top. Like the white walls with the chrome wheels and I installed the aftermarket chrome tail lamp 360-degee trim. Really looks elegant. The power close trunk is ideal when taking big bulky heavey things out of the trunk. Push button on key & it shuts

Last of the "real" American Luxury cars
By Lawrence K. Mahuna on 07/13/08 01:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This Lincon Town Car has a beautiful ride and it does not pretend to be anything else but a comfortable ride. It does not have 400+ horses, nor is it a sports car. But if you want a car that gets you from point A-B in the most comfortable manner possible, chose the Town Car. I have a bad back and the Town Car makes it feel better after a long run and does not make you feel that you need a chiropractor. It is too bad that Ford is thinking of discontinuing the TC. Perhaps a litte more horses and a six speed transmission with electronic control would do the job. It would take so little to make this car attractive to new buyers.

Outstanding Automobile
By Wisegy123 on 10/27/07 09:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Town Car and I love it. I have found the Lincolns to be very reliable with superior quality. It is a very comfortable vehicle to drive. I have owned BMW's and Mercedes Benz's, but I keep coming back to the Town Car. I find them more economical to maintain and repair without sacrificing luxury and quality. I would recommend the car to anyone. After our first one, it is the only make of car that my wife wants to own.

Best Lincoln I Ever Owned
By alexvaughn on 09/18/07 03:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Live in FL we drive to MA we average 27 mph doing 70. We love the car. Have nothing wrong with it & it's very comfortable to drive. I loved the dash on my 95 better

06 Lincoln Signature LTD
By Chas in NJ on 02/19/07 10:52 AM (PST)

2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the car for price, size, safety, and most of all, American made. As far as I am concerned, no foreign name plate can come close. Everything works fine; ride and handling are exceptional for this size vehicle. Only 400 miles since November, but I look forward to using this car much more.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.