Used 2006 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lincoln Town-car - Consumer Reviews

2006 Lincoln Town Car

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Rugged, Dependable, Smooth, Quiet...
By 0rnery

2006 Lincoln Town Car Designer Series 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Why is the panther platform the 1st choice for patrol cars, taxi and livery service? For the very same reason it's MY 1st choice! Built like a bull, quiet as a mouse and smooth as a... panther. I repair my own cars as much as possible, and these cars break down the least of any, and when they do, they're cheap and easy to fix. Not to mention the inherent safety of a full size, body on frame vehicle. Just took delivery of a 2006 Designer and it's no different than my previous Town Cars and Grand Marquis' in comfort and roominess. This platform has been tweaked to perfection as far as drive-ability.

Favorite Features

Tighter steering and quicker from a stand still. Darting out into heavy traffic has never been a problem, but is even easier in this 3rd generation. It's even quieter than previous generations, which is amazing, since they've always been quiet as a tomb. You can still easily get at all the spark plugs and everything else under the hood. Lower trunk lift-over height is nice. Plenty of storage in arm rests and cup holders too. Last, but not least, rear wheel drive! Drives better, and easier to access transmission and everything else in the engine bay. More rugged all the way around.

Suggested Improvements

Rear windows don't go all the way down, boo! More power wouldn't hurt, but not at the expense of lower mileage. Honestly, this platform is pretty much perfected in this generation. I fully expect this car to last me 20 years at least, and given my Panther history, that's easily doable.

My 06 t/c
By jessem12801

2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a 99 a couple of years ago and didn't like it at all. Not as comfortable as the Lincoln t/c's of the 90's vintage. Then I bought an 05. A little better comfort wise but still worse then the 90's versions. Now I have my 06 sig. Ltd. Comfort is slightly better then the 05 or maybe I'm just used to the seats by now. I like the adjustable pedals and cd changer and the Lincoln town car ride! Nothing else like it. I know the reliability of these cars is second to none since I drove limo's for 20+ years in NYC in these and they never broke! 300,000 miles easy and no issues! I still prefer the old body style though. Just a more elegant looking car all around. Ford has one of the most reliable cars ever

Favorite Features

Reliability, ride, prices of used ones!

Suggested Improvements

Ugly body style compared to the 90's versions, fix that. A/C unit. Seats need improvement! It's obvious Ford cut corners on the seats in this car.

Could Be Better...
By Roger2Texas

2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Car rides smooth in city, absorbs bumps very well. Have had problems with A/C vacuum valve that controls recirculation of air. Had replaced twice, seems to be messing up again. A/C vacuum makes weird noises when car first started. On highway, car seems to sway a lot. This being the 3rd Town Car I've owned, this has the worst handling quality on highway (especially with full load of 6 people). Bumpers quality is not as good as previous models, maybe should consider purchasing a Crown Victoria or Grand Marquis for a cheaper price (cuz they are off the same assembly line!!) Don't let the Lincoln logo fool you.

Favorite Features

6 CD changer, nice sound system, digital & regular speedomoter in one, auto system check, car is pretty, back- up sensors, driver side memory seats, pedals, and mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the way car handles on highway. Can't keep car in a straight line. Better bumpers, better A/C components, place oil filter in a better place (oil always burns the side of my arm).

I love this car.......
By Furley

2006 Lincoln Town Car Designer Series 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a commuters dream; I drive from Scranton to NYC daily and I must say this is the best car for commuting ever! I have had other cars nothing compares to the Lincoln Town Car. I would say for the price I paid, and that fact that any garage anywhere can do a quick service on it with out any difficulty is perfect for me. I love the ride, it is perfect for NYC potholes. This car has 200,000 miles on it everything still works. No problems at all.

Favorite Features

Awesome sound system with XM - Auto climate control - push buttons on the steering wheel - auto raise and lowering trunk - comfortable seats - air ride - large sun roof.

Suggested Improvements

Lincoln TC has been like it is since 2003; redesign is in order.

Town Car / affordable luxury
By Fred Issa

2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2006 Lincoln Town Car is the 6th Lincoln I have owned. I love Town Cars for rear wheel drive, affordability, looks, great as mileage at 28 MPG, [with the Nitro filed tires] doing 65 - 70 miles per hour. The ride is like sitting at home in your easy chair. I keep my Lincoln Town Cars 10 years or more, even after I buy new ones. One of my best friends bought a new 2008 top of the line Lexus, and he said my TC gives a better ride than his car, for which he paid a bundle. When we have visitors from out of the country, visiting the USA, and I am asked to take them to the airport, they think they are riding in a limo. Several have commented that they drive a Mercedes, or BMW, & prefer mine

Favorite Features

I have continued to buy TC'S due to; cornering lights, keyless door entry, self clsoing truck lid, wonderful ride with rear wheel drive, computer driven traction control, lumbar support on my driver & passenger seats for comfort, auto dimmer for rearview mirror, great stereo radio.

Suggested Improvements

Dash set up on My 1995 Lincoln Town Car was better, instrumentation package too. You need to keep this terrific engine, but beef it up to 300 plus HP. Ford also needs to put in a 6 spped automatic, to improve the gas mileage over 30 MPG at the same time. I also had more leg room in my 1995 TC