Used 2005 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

My Car
By Philip Haskins

2005 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The only reason that I'm getting rid of this car is because it is 10 years old. I lost my wife on August 6, 2015 and my children are scattered between where I live and Arizona. Once I am over the grieving, I intend to travel to see them. I just want a more modern vehicle to use. That is why I insisted on a navigation system being part of the car.

The Antithesis of my BMW... in a good way!
By 1speedbike

2005 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I currently own a modified turbo BMW but I wanted a classy, comfortable and reliable car that I can just drive without attracting (the wrong) attention. The TC delivers because it's just the opposite of my BMW. Relaxed (not lazy) large V8 vs high strung turbo 6. Soft comfy suspension vs stiff "feel every bump" coil-overs. Easy to work on, cheap parts vs convoluted (genius though it may be) design with expensive parts. While my 2-door BMW is truly a great sports car, and I love everything about it, sometimes I just want to CHILL OUT while driving. The trunk easily swallows a mini-fridge and more, and RWD is always a win for me. 160K w only minor issues. I love both cars for different reasons

Comfortable seats - the back seat is basically a couch. Giant trunk. Fits almost anything. Cheap parts and easy to work on, and still relatively reliable except for some minor issues (there's a reason taxis, limos and police love this car). Effortless highway cruiser - decent highway MPG despite the weight because the V8 is barely straining itself to maintain highway speed. Stop and go is a different story. Large enough for my 6'1" self to sit comfortably while another 6 foot passenger behind me still has more than enough leg room!

Exterior's kinda bland. Interior on my 2005 looks like it may have been from 1995. Nice looking, but also dated. A few minor issues: AC went (car is almost 10 years old I guess). Electrical components are a little sticky" - it takes a second or two of pressing the button for the windows to raise back up, and the trunk sticks closed after pressing the button. Not too many adjustments on the power-seats (no lumbar). No tachometer - it was introduced in 2006. 4 speed auto not very "luxurious", but at least it's dependable. Gas mileage off the highway is truck-like, probably because the size and weight is truck-like. It takes a lot of juice to get 4000+ lbs moving.

First Lincoln!!!!!!! Heaven on wheels.
By anthonyc92

2005 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Seats are so comfortable, not even a Cadillac compares to its seats that you soak right into, doesn't even come close to comfort.
has lots of room in it, LOVE the deep trunk, nothing comes close. Always wanted a Lincoln. MPG is unbelievable for a car like that, 26-29 MPG going 70 MPH. If you think their gas hogs, think twice. Will definitely buy another Lincoln again.
Driving this car is a huge delight. I highly recommend this car, you won't be sorry.

deep trunk, good mpg, dual zone, cant hear wind noise or the engine when driving, excellent sound system, V8 motor, heated mirrors,

nothing. satisfied with it.

braking problems on ford full size cars
By CLARENCE

2005 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i have had 4 experiences of brake pedal travel so great that foot feed is pushed down at time of braking , this causes full engine power. i complained many times. i finally cured problem by putting 1/4 inch shims under left foot feed control at fire wall mount and 1/4 in at foot pedal mount.this moves the foot pedal away from brake and stops the problem. i this to showed to dealer.

this is a very dangerous condition. almost wrecked 3 times. i see where other people have had this same problems

love my lincoln
By bee

2005 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

have owned a lot of vehicles in my time but the lincoln is the only car that makes you smile on long trips and you know you are going to get there in reliability without having to stop by the bank for fuel money, buy used mine had 25,000 miles on it was just broke in good have 75,000 on it now still just like new

comfort of the seats

keep making them because you can longer buy this size