2005 Lincoln Town Car - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
First Lincoln!!!!!!! Heaven on wheels.
By anthonyc92 on 03/20/14 20:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Seats are so comfortable, not even a Cadillac compares to its seats that you soak right into, doesn't even come close to comfort. has lots of room in it, LOVE the deep trunk, nothing comes close. Always wanted a Lincoln. MPG is unbelievable for a car like that, 26-29 MPG going 70 MPH. If you think their gas hogs, think twice. Will definitely buy another Lincoln again. Driving this car is a huge delight. I highly recommend this car, you won't be sorry.

braking problems on ford full size cars
By CLARENCE on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i have had 4 experiences of brake pedal travel so great that foot feed is pushed down at time of braking , this causes full engine power. i complained many times. i finally cured problem by putting 1/4 inch shims under left foot feed control at fire wall mount and 1/4 in at foot pedal mount.this moves the foot pedal away from brake and stops the problem. i this to showed to dealer.

love my lincoln
By bee on 05/03/10 13:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

have owned a lot of vehicles in my time but the lincoln is the only car that makes you smile on long trips and you know you are going to get there in reliability without having to stop by the bank for fuel money, buy used mine had 25,000 miles on it was just broke in good have 75,000 on it now still just like new

Love My Town Car
By KevinandThom on 02/24/10 08:31 AM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the car used from the dealer that sold it brand new. Gentleman that owned it before our purchase was buying his 2008 model Town Car when we walked in...lets say his trade was not on the lot for long. We bought it that same day. It is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven, and gets very good fuel economy on the highway (averaged 32 mpg on recent trip to NJ and back to VA) I would suggest purchasing used, the car is phenomenal, but does not hold value at all. Then gent that traded this one in paid 52,000 for a new one.. our price for a 3 year old car with 27,000 miles on it... 17,995. So I think we got a good deal.

Full size luxury
By Brian G on 10/03/09 08:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love these full size frame constructed Fords. Fantastic mileage (23.9 avg), tremendous safety, nice smooth ride. No electrical gremlins like the Cadillac suffer from. Plastic trim is a bit cheap looking, but overall the interior is extremely nice and the fit is good. Sold my 2003 Navigator and moaned for weeks about not having a Lincoln in the "stable", so this one is replacing my 2002 Crown Vic as my highway car.

My big ride
By IlliniFan on 01/01/09 22:21 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Always wanted a big luxury car, and a Town Car or DTS/Deville. Found this 05 TC and fell in love with it when I took it for a test drive. I have tinted windows and gives it the look of a limo. I'm not the typical TC owner, but to me it rides and drives like a dream. On the road, it floats, seats are like my recliner at home, CD player is awesome, the reverse sensors come are a life saver when backing up. The clock in the center of the dash is just too cool looking! It's a great car, gets 25-28 mpg hwy, 23 city, can't beat that for a V8! So far not a single problem - and today that's rare.

Great car for my dad
By Sven on 12/08/08 19:48 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 80 year old dad had a minor accident that totaled his Buick. Put him in a used Town Car with only 31,000 miles for $15000. He and mom love this car. It is easy to drive and very comfortable. Dad has been impressed with the gas mileage and says that this is the best car he has ever owned. The people at their church think that he must have won the lottery. His last car cost more and was not nearly as plush. It runs very smooth and has plenty of power. I also enjoy driving the car, putting 6000 miles on it on a cross country drive with 4 people and luggage and still got 24 MPG. It is much more fun to drive than my brothers Lexus and much easier to get in and out of, very nice ride.

Good, solid, comfortable car
By Bob on 11/11/08 15:35 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is our second Town Car. The full- frame Fords, Mercurys and Lincolns are the absolute best ride on the road. We have two Jaguar XJ's, both are fun to drive, but the quietness and comfort don't even come close to our Lincoln. The trunk space is unbelievable too. Last trip we drove the newer Jag. Thought I'd need a crowbar and a stick of Dynamite to get our luggage out of the trunk. Highway mileage is good (24 MPG) for the size of the car.

What a step up
By Bellefe on 09/16/08 17:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After spending a month driving my mother in law Mercedes E class and then my my sister in law Accura, We were sick of the small car noise, cramped head room and low to the road feel. We call a cab to take us out to Dulles for the trip back west, we got in to the Limo and had the ride of our lives. I asked the driver what this incredible smooth beautiful car was and he said a Lincoln town car made in 2005. We went shopping for a Town car after selling the Suburban and think it is the best Luxury car I've owned. I've owned Mercedes, Accura, Sterling, Lexus and this is heads above them all. Thank God for the hordes loving the foreign car these car are just a great price for the ride

Great Car
By Vernon on 08/11/08 00:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Fantastic car for the money. Bought ours used, 17,000 miles, for half the original price. Car does not hold value, but this is great for buying 1-year-old low mileage vehicle. Very comfortable on long trips, get up to 33 mpg on turnpike driving at moderate speeds, 21 mpg around town, both fantastic for a car this size. Great rearbackup warning system, love the 6- pack CD system. Problems: broken gas cap, broken center consule lid, lack of full-size spare (fixed by buying mag wheel with original tire and mounting in trunk!). Spare needed because took 3 days to get regular tire from dealer to replace ruined tire--imagine that out on a road trip! Car not perfect but fantastic buy bought used.