Used 2004 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

The Best Yet
By tbrecheen

2004 Lincoln Town Car Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 7th Towncar since 1992. It is superior to my 92,95,97,96,99 and 01.All it take is just a little maintenance and they will last seemingly forever. All my others were great and we still have 3 in the family. I have also had 5 Mark VIII's which were also fine cars. The greatest single description I believe is the dependability. Can't be beat.

I love the navigation system and the moon roof and the HID headlights.

The only improvement I can see is for someone at FOMOCO to see the public loves this car and they need to keep making them.

Town Car #2
By KenL

2004 Lincoln Town Car Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After a roll over crash in a SUV I have been a big fan of large sedans. Have owned a 1994 Crown Vic, and a 1999 Town Car Signature in the past. Last week I purchased a 2004 Towncar Ultimate with 53K miles on it. Whom ever owned it took good care of it as it looks like brand new. Without question the most comfortable vehicle I have ever ridden in with luxury featurs galore. I am disappointed to hear that Lincoln is planning to discontinue this model. That would be a big mistake. I love this car.

The seats are wide soft and comfortable and there is driver accessible storage galore. Can't beat the way that the suspension glides over the bumps. Towing a small boat is no problem and autoleveling compensates for the weight of the trailer tongue with no problem.

A remote starter would be a nice standard feature and the factory floor mats could be a bit longer.

great car, used
By guyb50

2004 Lincoln Town Car Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have always loved Lincolns. My father had a 1977 Mark 5 that I used to drive. I bought this Town Car used, with 45k miles on it.,,was in showroom new condition. i love the ride, and it has been a pleasure to own. No mechinacal problems,just gas and oil

smooth quiet ride and all the options you could possibly want

none

The Town Car the ultimate Lincoln
By donlemc

2004 Lincoln Town Car Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is the Lincoln Town Car Ultimate Palm Beach Edition. What a car! It attracts constant admiration and comments. It is maroon with a half stone white top. It is one of the best cars I've ever had in the 50+ years Iv'e driven. Quiet, smooth riding and handling. When I pass a slower car even my grandchildren are impressed with the pickup. The stereo is magnificent. I like especially the remote trunk and the easy to adjust clock. I have gotten up to 27 miles to a gallon, normal is 25.4. I've had Packards, Cadillacs, and Chryslers over the years. Nothing comes close to the Lincoln in quality and dependability, and I've had 7.

Love the remote trunk, ease of opening the hood, ease of setting the clock, great stereo, ease of entry, heated seats, cavernous trunk and the air ride that floats you over the worst conditions. All this and it uses 87 octane!

Please bring back the electric headlight dimmer,and vent windows. Added colour choices and two tone. More storage for CDs. Keep the Lincoln star on the hood where it belongs. Bring back the elegance in Lincoln advertising.

My first Town Car
By jerry711

2004 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just purchased my first Town Car used and I love it. More than enough trunk space, gas mileage is OK for a V8, and I must admit that it's the most comfortable car I've ever owned. It's like driving a Lazy Boy recliner. The town car is surprisingly easy to drive for a big body car. When I'm ready to trade this one in I'll definitely buy another!

Stereo, cruise control, and AC/heat controls on the steering wheel. Lots of leg room front and back.

The sound system isn't the greatest. Some of the control features are difficult to use and the over all sound quality is a bit lack luster. Hopefully Lincoln has improved on newer models.