No More American Cars for Me!
By Never again on
2003 Lincoln Town Car Premium Cartier 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I swore after a nightmare with 1 other American car I would never own another - should have stuck with that! After having the car for 3 mos. (bought used at 2 yrs.) and 60,000 had to replace the rear axle = $1250.00. Hub bearings at 65,000 miles = $600.00. Automatic trunk mechanism at 70,000 miles = $400 to repair. Getting rid of this car....PRICELESS. The electrical system is failing, all the "fancy" gizmos either don't work anymore at all, or work only intermittently, and this is the biggest piece of junk I've ever owned. Good riddance to the Lincoln Towncar. Goodbye, Ford, Hello Honda! At least our other car, a Honda is still going strong at 265,000 miles with very little $$ spent!
Favorite Features
Drives like a tank. Heaven help anyone who hits me in this car. I do feel safe in it, even when I'm broken down on the side of the road waiting for the tow truck to show up!
Suggested Improvements
Piece of junk. Good riddance - Ford did themselves a favor junking this car. However, they have plenty of other junk to replace it, I'm sure.