2003 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Review: A Great Deal!

2003 Lincoln Town Car - Consumer Review

2003 Lincoln Town Car

Executive Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

A Great Deal!
By john596 on

2003 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Executive used with 68,000 miles on it.
It is pearl white with tan leather interior.
I had trouble with water leaking in through air intake under passenger wiper. I repaired with automotive adhesive glue and sealed the joint with undercoating spray.
That fixed it.
I also had trouble with hesitation.
I took it to the local Lincoln dealership and for just under $500, a tune-up and transmission fluid made it drive like a new car.
I am at 143,000 miles and plan to keep it at least 90,000 more miles (new Michelins).
I added in-dash navigation, satellite radio, and bluetooth.
This is my fifth Lincoln and fourth Town Car.
I will have another, no doubt.

This car gets 29 to 30 mpg on highway with ac driving at 60 mph. In town is about 15-18. This car is quiet, roomy, and very comfortable. The interior is very tasteful. At 143,000 miles there are no rattles, squeaks, or wind noise. I keep it polished and the paint still looks new. I condition the leather with high quality products. The interior also looks new. Maintenance is extremely affordable, unlike my relatives' BMW's, Audi's, and Mercedes. A set of tires costing $700 will last 90,000. Compared to low profile tires, that is a steal. May not be a sporty looking car, but with all the value, if I want to be cool, I'll wear my fedora and Ray Bans.

If Lincoln was to continue this model, I would suggest beefing up the air conditioning. After a charge it is cool enough. I keep it covered or in shade on very hot days. If I start out with an interior that has not been exposed to direct sunlight, the air conditioning keeps car very comfortable on days up to 106 degrees. I had a 2002 Grand Marquis LS and the air conditioner was a freezer. I could hang meat in August in that car! I hear newer Town Cars have colder air conditioners.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review