2002 Lincoln Town Car Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
Good car for the money
By Lincoln on 04/18/10 17:52 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After reading all the other testimonials about the town car, it amazes me the amount of people that compare the town car to the Lexus LS430. Of course the Lexus is a wonderful car, it's $30,000 more! It better be. The town car is wonderful for the money. The quality is more than adequate, nothing compares in the way of interior room and comfort. And no, it's not a rocket off the line, but it's not supposed to be. Quite honestly, I don't believe the suspension could handle it, but then again, you wouldn't have the ride. You want handling, buy a corvette, stupid.

LAND YACHT
By LAND YACHT on 09/27/09 18:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I simply love my Land yacht as my spouse calls it-i have owned chrysler 300'd- mercedes-olds-pontiac-ford Land Rover etc. but this is the best car so far-I had local Lincoln dealer review any needed repairs and manual rec's- drives like a dream- excellent condition-I look forward driving it everyday. my granddaughter falls asleep quickly- one granddaughter mentions for old person car-18 ft. 4000lbs-car is loaded

best car ive ever owned.
By mlawler on 08/22/09 14:14 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I really love this car its great and it rides great and I turn heads all the time in my Lincoln town car and everyone compliments me on the way it looks its a very classy car and u get the quality that u expect for the price I will never buy anything else after owning this town car I fell in love with it. Anyone looking for a great car here it is the Lincoln town car executive.

cruisin
By cranapple on 07/23/09 12:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

the car magazines don't get it when it comes to this car--it's meant to do a few things very well--carry people and their belongings quietly and comfortably---it's not a porshe-it's the great American cruiser

Modern Classic.
By FSC on 07/08/09 20:42 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'll start off by saying I titled my review "modern classic" because that's basically what this car is. A modern spin off of big 1950's full sized cruiser sedans. The bench seat, column shifter, V8, rear wheel drive, body on frame construction, and shear size make it feel like a more refined classic cruiser. This is something I really like about the car. This isn't a car for people who want a Mercedes or BMW, this is a car for people who want a true laid back cruiser. However, if I were to do it again I would have gotten a top end Crown Vic or Marquis as the mechanicals and interior are %99 the Town Car as the town car for less money.

Stylish yet comfortable
By Rose D on 11/04/08 13:17 PM (PST)

2002 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Cartier 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love this car. I have had it for 7 years. I have never had any trouble with the workmanship inside our out.

Excellkent Buy
By Just4God on 11/21/07 00:08 AM (PST)

2002 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Quallity car. Very comfortable. Drove taxi with this car for a year and was really supprised with how comfortable it was. exspessally for long periods of time. Also get supprisingly good gas mileage for this size car.

Upgrade from 00 Signature
By izaclown on 01/17/07 16:36 PM (PST)

2002 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Cartier 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Upgraded from 00 Signature to 02 Cartier due to a red light runner. The 02 is head and shoulders above the 00 model. The Cartier does have more hp and is quiter than the other models. My around town gas mileage seems to be better in the 02 than the 00. Firmer seats and smoother steering and lot smoother ride. Instrumentation is easy to read.

Wonderful Vehicle
By Carolyn on 01/05/07 13:01 PM (PST)

2002 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This Lincoln is a wonder. I have been accustomed to smaller Ford products and find that I lost nothing in economy and gained a lot in comfort and safety with this unit. On lengthy trips this Signature Lincoln will get about twenty-eight mpg. Its size and standard safety features give a good level of confidence. Fine vehicle, never in the shop for repair of any kind to date.

The Big Linc
By Mark on 07/27/06 18:43 PM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This Town Car replaced a Grand Marquis and drives and rides somewhat better - seems to be a lot more quiet on the inside. The road noise is greatly reduced over the Crown Vic & Marquis - and the handling, even on rough roads, is very good. Fuel economy is great - as is with the Ford V8 - 25/20 (hwy/city). Haven't owned a Lincoln for several years, but this one is world's ahead of the 1980's models.