Used 2002 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Good car for the money
By Lincoln

2002 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After reading all the other testimonials about the town car, it amazes me the amount of people that compare the town car to the Lexus LS430. Of course the Lexus is a wonderful car, it's $30,000 more! It better be. The town car is wonderful for the money. The quality is more than adequate, nothing compares in the way of interior room and comfort. And no, it's not a rocket off the line, but it's not supposed to be. Quite honestly, I don't believe the suspension could handle it, but then again, you wouldn't have the ride. You want handling, buy a corvette, stupid.

Favorite Features

interior size and many standard features. Incredible, silky smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

The wind noise could be a little more subdued.

LAND YACHT
By LAND YACHT

2002 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I simply love my Land yacht as my spouse calls it-i have owned chrysler 300'd- mercedes-olds-pontiac-ford Land Rover etc. but this is the best car so far-I had local Lincoln dealer review any needed repairs and manual rec's- drives like a dream- excellent condition-I look forward driving it everyday. my granddaughter falls asleep quickly- one granddaughter mentions for old person car-18 ft. 4000lbs-car is loaded

Favorite Features

the ride is outstanding-comfort fantastic-reliability-huge trunk for mafia bodies-many amnities-great value for luxury used sedan- i paid 6800-my wife drives new vehicle-i no longer have car payments vs $500 mth.

Suggested Improvements

rear wheel drive little tough in snow- gas mileage fair for this land yacht

best car ive ever owned.
By mlawler

2002 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I really love this car its great and it rides great and I turn heads all the time in my Lincoln town car and everyone compliments me on the way it looks its a very classy car and u get the quality that u expect for the price I will never buy anything else after owning this town car I fell in love with it. Anyone looking for a great car here it is the Lincoln town car executive.

Favorite Features

interior,chrome trimming,and the smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

nothing its great

cruisin
By cranapple

2002 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

the car magazines don't get it when it comes to this car--it's meant to do a few things very well--carry people and their belongings quietly and comfortably---it's not a porshe-it's the great American cruiser

Favorite Features

alpine radio sunroof plush leather quiet

Suggested Improvements

a bit better mileage

Modern Classic.
By FSC

2002 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'll start off by saying I titled my review "modern classic" because that's basically what this car is. A modern spin off of big 1950's full sized cruiser sedans. The bench seat, column shifter, V8, rear wheel drive, body on frame construction, and shear size make it feel like a more refined classic cruiser. This is something I really like about the car. This isn't a car for people who want a Mercedes or BMW, this is a car for people who want a true laid back cruiser. However, if I were to do it again I would have gotten a top end Crown Vic or Marquis as the mechanicals and interior are %99 the Town Car as the town car for less money.

Favorite Features

very safe car, simple timeless styling inside and out (it won't look tacky in 10 years), V8, smooth ride, lots of adjustment in the seats, power everything, good stereo (premium sound), awesome climate control, big trunk, room for passengers on long trips. Overall a great cruiser for the money.

Suggested Improvements

By modern standards, the V8 has the output of a V6. It really needs to be bumped up to the 275-325hp range. The climate control has no "inside only" air setting. Front seating room could be larger for a car of this size (almost 1 foot of empty space in the nose). Massage seats. 5-6 speed trans.