Used 2001 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

The Great Lincoln Town Car
By Joe Atkins

2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was promoted at work and needed a car that I could drive a lot between stores and pick up exec's from the airport and drive them around. The towncar has been the best decision. It's ride is outstanding, the gas mileage is good, and the comfort and style of the interior keep the comments coming from everyone that rides. I have not had one issue mechanically from this car and I drive 3000 miles per month. Every mile I drive is with a smile on my face.

I love the wood grain trim and the wood trim steering wheel. After driving with all these comforts and accessories, I can't imagine owning another car without them. This car is great!

The only improvement needed is the cup holders. They are small and pull out from the dash, so it is prone to spills on the control buttons when you hit the brakes a little too hard. Other than that the car is perfect.

super gas mileage
By Ronald G. Jones

2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This 2001 Greenbrier edition Signature series which we purchased new has been a good, economical and reliable car. On a trip to Rome, Ga from Chambersburg, PA, (all interstate and driving 60 MPH) we averaged 32 MPG. Several years ago while driving in the flatland of North Dakota we averaged nearly 34 MPG for several hundred miles and driving at 60 MPG and on cruise control. People assume that because it is a big car that it is a gas guzzler. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Fuel economy, trunk space, cabin space and ride.

Inferior leather and a problematic CD exchanger.

Cadillac VS. Lincoln
By Timothy J, Wheeler

2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I know this sounds weird but I am actually the owner of a 2001 cadillac Deville. (my dream car since I was 6). I Know several people who drive TCs of all years. My main point is that I was a die hard Cadillac fan but after riding with my friend in his 01 TC I was no longer sure. Now dont get me wrong I still love the Cadillacs but I am getting tired of all the sky high all the time repair cost of it, after all im only 17 years old. my freinds TC just keeps going wile mine is in the repair shop. NO FAIR..

I love the rear wheel drive I wish my Caddy had it soo bad! love the crome trim, it has more than my Caddy.

The Towncar cannot hold up to the Deville in speed or power. He tried to race me but no compitition, I blew him away and didnt even floor it. the caddy has a hood emblem lincoln doesnt, the caddy looks sportier.

2001 Toown Car Cartier
By zog

2001 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fifth Town Car, and I loved them all. I bought this one with 64,000 miles and it has been flawless. Comfortable, reliable, smooth and great mpg...21 city and 27+ hiway. I love the big car ride and the rear wheel drive. I do all my own maintenance and this is easy to work on. I fully expect it to go 200,000+ miles.

Moonroof, ride, dependability, exterior design, fuel economy.

Cup holders are totally worthless. I bought a plastic cup holder at Walmart for $6 that works better.

Comfort with decent mileage
By Richard

2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I average about 17 miles a gallon. Comfort is the key word for my Touring Edition sedan. I can fit everything but 4x8 sheets of plywood in this trunk, which makes it great for my work. Had problems with the factory installed alarm system. It's been good to me, and I learned to do the repairs myself so I'm looking at keeping it.

Heated seats. Moonroof

More legroom in front seats.