Used 2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

my 1st car
By danjb94

2001 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

this is my 1st car and as a 17 year old driving around a Town Car I have to say it is awesome. Mine has only 71k miles on it so it's still a baby when it comes to these cars. Only problem I've had is I had to replace the idle air control valve last week because it went bad and the car would stall out at idle, but $80 for a new one off rock auto and it was done! Couldnt ask for a cooler 1st car!!! I'm still amazed that I get 30+ MPG on the highway for such a big car.

Favorite Features

sunroof, seating for 6, 30+ mpg on highway

Bring Back The Town Car
By gelf58

2001 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

These cars are awesome. I bought one with over 395K miles on it. The original owner took extremely good care of it. I have owned it for 11/3 years and I am approaching 423K. It still has the original engine and transmission. at 412k I had to replace the a/c compressor. Other than regular maintenance that's it. The key is to do the regular maintenance and these cars will last a log long time. Unlike the Cadillac's whose Northstar engines have valve cover issues and the transmission usually fails at about 150k

Favorite Features

Cost of Ownership, Safety. I had a 2002 LTC and hit a deer at 50 mph. while there was front end damage (headlights, grill and hood) I was able to drive away and hardly felt anything when I hit the deer.

Suggested Improvements

No cd player

Love my Lincoln!
By Donna H

2001 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the 3rd Lincoln Towncar I've owned. All have been excellent vehicles. I have 121,000 miles on my 2001 Lincoln; have spent very little on upkeep other than new tires and a heater coil in the 8 years I've owned it. Love the large trunk; can haul almost anything; very reliable; gas mileage could be better, but car is so heavy and sturdy, that makes up for it. They don't make them like this anymore!

Favorite Features

Large, comfortable interior and large trunk; very smooth ride; very nice exterior design; very elegant.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be a little better

The Great Lincoln Town Car
By Joe Atkins

2001 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was promoted at work and needed a car that I could drive a lot between stores and pick up exec's from the airport and drive them around. The towncar has been the best decision. It's ride is outstanding, the gas mileage is good, and the comfort and style of the interior keep the comments coming from everyone that rides. I have not had one issue mechanically from this car and I drive 3000 miles per month. Every mile I drive is with a smile on my face.

Favorite Features

I love the wood grain trim and the wood trim steering wheel. After driving with all these comforts and accessories, I can't imagine owning another car without them. This car is great!

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement needed is the cup holders. They are small and pull out from the dash, so it is prone to spills on the control buttons when you hit the brakes a little too hard. Other than that the car is perfect.

super gas mileage
By Ronald G. Jones

2001 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This 2001 Greenbrier edition Signature series which we purchased new has been a good, economical and reliable car. On a trip to Rome, Ga from Chambersburg, PA, (all interstate and driving 60 MPH) we averaged 32 MPG. Several years ago while driving in the flatland of North Dakota we averaged nearly 34 MPG for several hundred miles and driving at 60 MPG and on cruise control. People assume that because it is a big car that it is a gas guzzler. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, trunk space, cabin space and ride.

Suggested Improvements

Inferior leather and a problematic CD exchanger.