2001 Lincoln Town Car Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
my 1st car
By danjb94 on 08/07/12 18:52 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

this is my 1st car and as a 17 year old driving around a Town Car I have to say it is awesome. Mine has only 71k miles on it so it's still a baby when it comes to these cars. Only problem I've had is I had to replace the idle air control valve last week because it went bad and the car would stall out at idle, but $80 for a new one off rock auto and it was done! Couldnt ask for a cooler 1st car!!! I'm still amazed that I get 30+ MPG on the highway for such a big car.

Bring Back The Town Car
By gelf58 on 01/09/12 11:33 AM (PST)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

These cars are awesome. I bought one with over 395K miles on it. The original owner took extremely good care of it. I have owned it for 11/3 years and I am approaching 423K. It still has the original engine and transmission. at 412k I had to replace the a/c compressor. Other than regular maintenance that's it. The key is to do the regular maintenance and these cars will last a log long time. Unlike the Cadillac's whose Northstar engines have valve cover issues and the transmission usually fails at about 150k

Bought used with 105,000 miles...
By s80sux on 09/29/11 22:15 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Lincoln Town car is a great car! This vehicle feels heavy,well constructed, safe and gives me an overall sense of well being. Buying a used car I was nervous about older cars being unreliable but after reading reviews of other owners stating thier vehicles reliablilty, I decided to buy one!

Love my Lincoln!
By Donna H on 06/28/10 13:54 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the 3rd Lincoln Towncar I've owned. All have been excellent vehicles. I have 121,000 miles on my 2001 Lincoln; have spent very little on upkeep other than new tires and a heater coil in the 8 years I've owned it. Love the large trunk; can haul almost anything; very reliable; gas mileage could be better, but car is so heavy and sturdy, that makes up for it. They don't make them like this anymore!

The Great Lincoln Town Car
By Joe Atkins on 02/02/10 21:37 PM (PST)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was promoted at work and needed a car that I could drive a lot between stores and pick up exec's from the airport and drive them around. The towncar has been the best decision. It's ride is outstanding, the gas mileage is good, and the comfort and style of the interior keep the comments coming from everyone that rides. I have not had one issue mechanically from this car and I drive 3000 miles per month. Every mile I drive is with a smile on my face.

super gas mileage
By Ronald G. Jones on 12/04/09 14:00 PM (PST)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This 2001 Greenbrier edition Signature series which we purchased new has been a good, economical and reliable car. On a trip to Rome, Ga from Chambersburg, PA, (all interstate and driving 60 MPH) we averaged 32 MPG. Several years ago while driving in the flatland of North Dakota we averaged nearly 34 MPG for several hundred miles and driving at 60 MPG and on cruise control. People assume that because it is a big car that it is a gas guzzler. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Cadillac VS. Lincoln
By Timothy J, Wheeler on 04/29/09 05:26 AM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I know this sounds weird but I am actually the owner of a 2001 cadillac Deville. (my dream car since I was 6). I Know several people who drive TCs of all years. My main point is that I was a die hard Cadillac fan but after riding with my friend in his 01 TC I was no longer sure. Now dont get me wrong I still love the Cadillacs but I am getting tired of all the sky high all the time repair cost of it, after all im only 17 years old. my freinds TC just keeps going wile mine is in the repair shop. NO FAIR..

2001 Toown Car Cartier
By zog on 10/08/08 11:35 AM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Cartier 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fifth Town Car, and I loved them all. I bought this one with 64,000 miles and it has been flawless. Comfortable, reliable, smooth and great mpg...21 city and 27+ hiway. I love the big car ride and the rear wheel drive. I do all my own maintenance and this is easy to work on. I fully expect it to go 200,000+ miles.

Comfort with decent mileage
By Richard on 06/12/08 16:49 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I average about 17 miles a gallon. Comfort is the key word for my Touring Edition sedan. I can fit everything but 4x8 sheets of plywood in this trunk, which makes it great for my work. Had problems with the factory installed alarm system. It's been good to me, and I learned to do the repairs myself so I'm looking at keeping it.

Beautiful Lincoln towncar
By mahriah on 01/15/07 21:02 PM (PST)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love Lincolns, this is the second one that I have had. I got rear ended in my Lincoln Continental, and I was fine. in fact, my Lincoln broke the Toyota's bumper and my car was barely phased.I love it!