2001 Lincoln Town Car - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
my 1st car
By danjb94 on 08/07/12 18:52 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

this is my 1st car and as a 17 year old driving around a Town Car I have to say it is awesome. Mine has only 71k miles on it so it's still a baby when it comes to these cars. Only problem I've had is I had to replace the idle air control valve last week because it went bad and the car would stall out at idle, but $80 for a new one off rock auto and it was done! Couldnt ask for a cooler 1st car!!! I'm still amazed that I get 30+ MPG on the highway for such a big car.

Bring Back The Town Car
By gelf58 on 01/09/12 11:33 AM (PST)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

These cars are awesome. I bought one with over 395K miles on it. The original owner took extremely good care of it. I have owned it for 11/3 years and I am approaching 423K. It still has the original engine and transmission. at 412k I had to replace the a/c compressor. Other than regular maintenance that's it. The key is to do the regular maintenance and these cars will last a log long time. Unlike the Cadillac's whose Northstar engines have valve cover issues and the transmission usually fails at about 150k

Love my Lincoln!
By Donna H on 06/28/10 13:54 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the 3rd Lincoln Towncar I've owned. All have been excellent vehicles. I have 121,000 miles on my 2001 Lincoln; have spent very little on upkeep other than new tires and a heater coil in the 8 years I've owned it. Love the large trunk; can haul almost anything; very reliable; gas mileage could be better, but car is so heavy and sturdy, that makes up for it. They don't make them like this anymore!

The Great Lincoln Town Car
By Joe Atkins on 02/02/10 21:37 PM (PST)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was promoted at work and needed a car that I could drive a lot between stores and pick up exec's from the airport and drive them around. The towncar has been the best decision. It's ride is outstanding, the gas mileage is good, and the comfort and style of the interior keep the comments coming from everyone that rides. I have not had one issue mechanically from this car and I drive 3000 miles per month. Every mile I drive is with a smile on my face.

super gas mileage
By Ronald G. Jones on 12/04/09 14:00 PM (PST)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This 2001 Greenbrier edition Signature series which we purchased new has been a good, economical and reliable car. On a trip to Rome, Ga from Chambersburg, PA, (all interstate and driving 60 MPH) we averaged 32 MPG. Several years ago while driving in the flatland of North Dakota we averaged nearly 34 MPG for several hundred miles and driving at 60 MPG and on cruise control. People assume that because it is a big car that it is a gas guzzler. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Comfort with decent mileage
By Richard on 06/12/08 16:49 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I average about 17 miles a gallon. Comfort is the key word for my Touring Edition sedan. I can fit everything but 4x8 sheets of plywood in this trunk, which makes it great for my work. Had problems with the factory installed alarm system. It's been good to me, and I learned to do the repairs myself so I'm looking at keeping it.

Beautiful Lincoln towncar
By mahriah on 01/15/07 21:02 PM (PST)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love Lincolns, this is the second one that I have had. I got rear ended in my Lincoln Continental, and I was fine. in fact, my Lincoln broke the Toyota's bumper and my car was barely phased.I love it!

One Great Car
By highlad on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car became the company plane after 9/11. 95% 0f the 60,000 miles driven were high speed highway miles and the car performed perfectly. Most trips were 8 to 14 hrs. duration and the car was very comfortable and the fuel mileage was exceptional. This car was selected after renting various makes and models for business trips to determine their comfort and suitability for long business trips. The Town Car beat all the others. We purchased one and it proved the value of our selection process, it was every bit as good as we expected.

George's
By Oscar O. on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This was a program car when I purched it. 21,900 miles have had it 19 months now 38,800 nothing wrong with the car, just to big wife does not like to drive it and it is not front wheel drive

'01 Sig TC after 2 yrs
By KJ on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd TC, and I drove last 2 ('84 & '92) over 150,000 miles. I get gas mileage of 27-28MPG on highway trips which is great, but I miss the power that get from my '95 Crown Vic w/performance and handling package (3.27 rear end and dual exhaust on same 4.6 engine-- that I am still driving with 184,000 miles on orig engine and trans!) I find the steering a bit numb on the highway, with car wandering a bit on Michelin Symmetry radials, and I preferred the ride on my '92 TC and my '95 Crown Vic. Local Dealerships have been great fixing problems, and it is a nice looking car, but I don't think I'll drive it as long as my other 2, or the Ford.