2001 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2001 Lincoln Town Car - Consumer Reviews

2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Executive Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
Bought used with 105,000 miles...
By s80sux on 09/29/11 22:15 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Lincoln Town car is a great car! This vehicle feels heavy,well constructed, safe and gives me an overall sense of well being. Buying a used car I was nervous about older cars being unreliable but after reading reviews of other owners stating thier vehicles reliablilty, I decided to buy one!

Cadillac VS. Lincoln
By Timothy J, Wheeler on 04/29/09 05:26 AM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I know this sounds weird but I am actually the owner of a 2001 cadillac Deville. (my dream car since I was 6). I Know several people who drive TCs of all years. My main point is that I was a die hard Cadillac fan but after riding with my friend in his 01 TC I was no longer sure. Now dont get me wrong I still love the Cadillacs but I am getting tired of all the sky high all the time repair cost of it, after all im only 17 years old. my freinds TC just keeps going wile mine is in the repair shop. NO FAIR..

2001 town car bought used
By Wendy on 04/23/06 21:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle for family of two teens. Gas mileage city only 18. But highway & city avg. 23. Went to Missouri from Wisc. crusing mostly 85/90 and got 28 mpg. This car loves to go. At 70 ours kicks in again for passing. Have only had regular service done, runs great. Need a CD player. Has great speaker sound. Cup holders in the way of heat/ac controls. Even though car is so smooth a cup could sit on the armrest. Have had car in major snowstorms & handles well. Our 16 yr. old learned in this car. Back seat leg room is for anyone & I prefer the back seat for the comfort. Side windows are bellowed out, great for sky viewing for kids at night.

So - so
By Mike L on 04/12/05 14:17 PM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We have had our Towncar for 3 years and it will be my retirement car. My wife and I really like the car with a few exceptions. We feel a lux. car like the Lincoln should have a softer leather. Ours has very hard leather which makes it somewhat uncomfortable on trips, slippery, stiff, etc.. My biggest objection with the car is the mushy ride and the way the car floats on corners. I had a Thunderbird before with 258K miles and I loved the handling package, made you feel like you had control of the car, not vice versa. I have a pickup that I drive 35000 mile a year and I feel safer with the handling than the Lincoln. Also had a bunch of intermittent electrical issues. But, still love the car.

Super Luxury
By jcohoon on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

First time owner of this brand, but probably will be a loyal customer in future years. Car is most comfortable to ride and or drive. Nice features like the moving pedal system, traction control, very responsive engine and superb climate control system. Fuel economy is 23 to 26 MPG which I consider exceptional for a car of this size and weight.

In Love with my Town Car
By olejamesw on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I would be amiss if I didn't say I have a love affair with the big Lincoln for over 35 yrs. This is my 1st one. I am not dis appointed in the least. The ride is close to Heaven; The handling for a car this size is unthinkable; The little 4.6 liter engine is remarkablly fun too to punch it when necessry. The room is more than adequate. The service is free during the entire time of you warranty. Tis an awesome vehicle and just when you think you have found a flaw, you get a solid 20 mpg in the city. The one trip I did take up to the Panhandle of out State of Tx. you can get over 25mpg if you 'keep you foot out of it'

Style
By Mick on 03/17/02 21:33 PM (PST)

2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased our 2001 low mileage Ford-Certified Town Car Executive this February—the first of two Lincolns (a V8 LS is our second Lincoln purchase). We added a six pack CD changer. My wife and I don’t have to scream to hear each other (as we did in our Club Wagon)—and since we are both lifetime WW members, we could sit four of us abreast in the front—but choose not. We ensured a safe purchase by using CarFax to research the vehicle history. This car just makes traveling a real pleasure—the only thing missing is aroma therapy candles (on second thought, leave them out). We are experiencing 18.8 mpg city and 24-25 mpg highway. This is THE car for long drives.

excellent
By bob turczynski on 03/11/02 22:46 PM (PST)

great car