Used 2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Lincoln Town Car - Consumer Reviews

2001 Lincoln Town Car

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Bought used with 105,000 miles...
By s80sux

2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Lincoln Town car is a great car! This vehicle feels heavy,well constructed, safe and gives me an overall sense of well being. Buying a used car I was nervous about older cars being unreliable but after reading reviews of other owners stating thier vehicles reliablilty, I decided to buy one!

STRONG starter, air suspension (fun to watch vehicle lower when I close the doors!) and the large jeweled headlights.

tighter steering, standard dual exhaust.

Cadillac VS. Lincoln
By Timothy J, Wheeler

2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I know this sounds weird but I am actually the owner of a 2001 cadillac Deville. (my dream car since I was 6). I Know several people who drive TCs of all years. My main point is that I was a die hard Cadillac fan but after riding with my friend in his 01 TC I was no longer sure. Now dont get me wrong I still love the Cadillacs but I am getting tired of all the sky high all the time repair cost of it, after all im only 17 years old. my freinds TC just keeps going wile mine is in the repair shop. NO FAIR..

I love the rear wheel drive I wish my Caddy had it soo bad! love the crome trim, it has more than my Caddy.

The Towncar cannot hold up to the Deville in speed or power. He tried to race me but no compitition, I blew him away and didnt even floor it. the caddy has a hood emblem lincoln doesnt, the caddy looks sportier.

2001 town car bought used
By Wendy

2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle for family of two teens. Gas mileage city only 18. But highway & city avg. 23. Went to Missouri from Wisc. crusing mostly 85/90 and got 28 mpg. This car loves to go. At 70 ours kicks in again for passing. Have only had regular service done, runs great. Need a CD player. Has great speaker sound. Cup holders in the way of heat/ac controls. Even though car is so smooth a cup could sit on the armrest. Have had car in major snowstorms & handles well. Our 16 yr. old learned in this car. Back seat leg room is for anyone & I prefer the back seat for the comfort. Side windows are bellowed out, great for sky viewing for kids at night.

Almost maintenance free. Quite, smooth ride.

Front cup holder placement. Should have 17 wheels & tires

So - so
By Mike L

2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We have had our Towncar for 3 years and it will be my retirement car. My wife and I really like the car with a few exceptions. We feel a lux. car like the Lincoln should have a softer leather. Ours has very hard leather which makes it somewhat uncomfortable on trips, slippery, stiff, etc.. My biggest objection with the car is the mushy ride and the way the car floats on corners. I had a Thunderbird before with 258K miles and I loved the handling package, made you feel like you had control of the car, not vice versa. I have a pickup that I drive 35000 mile a year and I feel safer with the handling than the Lincoln. Also had a bunch of intermittent electrical issues. But, still love the car.

Handling, power, and better Quality Control efforts at the mfg. plant.

Super Luxury
By jcohoon

2001 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

First time owner of this brand, but
probably will be a loyal customer in
future years. Car is most comfortable
to ride and or drive. Nice features
like the moving pedal system, traction
control, very responsive engine and
superb climate control system. Fuel
economy is 23 to 26 MPG which I
consider exceptional for a car of this
size and weight.

Comfortable seats, ride quality, handling and overall driving experience.

Direct injection fuel delivery system