Used 2000 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lincoln Town Car Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Consumers have lost a great luxury vehicle
By lvmylincoln

2000 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I have read Edmunds review of the Lincold Towncar and in my opinion, it was written by someone who is only into sports vehicles and small vehicles. I have owned Lincoln Towncars since 1980, in fact, my wife and I both drive Towncars and both have loved the Towncar since our first, which was a 1980 Mark. These vehicles have always gotten better gas mileage that the standard Ford, Chevrolet or Chrysler product. They have cost us less to operate and repair than any vehicle we owned prior to the Lincoln. They have gone through several major style changes since 1980 and are still the most luxurious ride. This includes all the foreign & domestics.

Gas Milage has been 22 in town and up to 26 HWY. Ride is superior to all other, so called, luxury vehicles. Interior room above all vehicles and trunk space.

Body style change, but please do not design to look like all the foreign junk. It should always have a style of its own.

My Dream Car
By raven35

2000 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

This is my first Town Car and believe me, it wont be the last. I wish I had driven one sooner. It rides like you are driving on clouds. It acts as if bumps and pot holes were not even on the road. The interior is all leather and the seats are very comfortable. There is a large amount of cabin space and I was surprised at the leg room in the rear passenger compartment. I am 6'3" and have plenty of leg room in the back. The V8 engine is very strong with a lot of torque. This car gets moving in a hurry. I am also surprised at how quite the ride it. At 65 mph, there is very little road or wind noise.

My favorite features are the air ride suspension. I have never driven in an air ride car and what a difference between that and coil springs or struts. The engine is certainly a great feature as the acceleration is very impressive. For such a long sedan, it certainly has power. The interior is roomy and I love the wood grain trim and leather seats and dash.

They stopped making these in 2011 but I would not be surprised if they come back again. If they did start making them again, I would suggest back up cameras as the rear is rather long and it never fails that I tend back into a parking block or into a dirt incline. They went with a stronger air bag material in 2000 so there is less chance for a leak in the bag. The air compressor however needs to be re-engineered to last longer.

Best for the money- by far
By Tom Anderson

2000 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I have owned it for 10 years, and have 274,000 miles on it. Just came back from 2500 mile trip, 80 mph and 25 mpg, sailed along like it always does. Snobs can drive other things, this is the best for a car load of toys and presents and smart driving. I don't care what the others think, they're wrong. This is a tough, solid car. Had one before totaled, t-boned by squad car, and i didn't even get a scratch. Want to live and live good? Get a towncar.

great handling, visibility, mileage, space

I'm good with it. Lots of options. Others have come and gone, this one is timeless.

solid,safe,&roomy
By madman4.6

2000 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

this car has plenty of room for six folks(try that in your camry/accord,etc)and plenty luggage.xtra smooth ride,good mpg(up to 26 hwy),very reliable powerplant, never failed to start. just hit 100k and just had air suspension blow out. (MUST turn OFF air bag switch in trunk before jacking it up!). converted it to a standard coil spring setup for approx 1/2 the price. couple sets of brakes and tires and thats about it in nearly 10 yrs. So far it's given us less $$trouble than relatives foreign made supposed reliable cars like accord and maxima. They are in the process of replacing them and we'll just keep riding in safety and roomy comfort.RWD American luxurycars are unbeatable for reliability

Super spacious (esp. back seat legroom) &quiet interior, SMOOTH ride, good hwy econ., plenty powerful for a big car like this, Solid body construction and reliable drivetrain so far. AC has been reliable so far in FLA heat.

Make kevlar or polymer rear suspension air bags so they don't dry rot in 5- 10 yrs.,make tune-ups easier so you don't get charged 300$ for a set of plugs+installation.A 5-spd tranny would be nice.City mpg could be better, it's a v-8 but it is small in cubic inches.

Lincoln-Ford Got it right
By Del

2000 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I've allways held true to ford.. When they built this car they got it right. Some say it's a Grandpa car I say NO! Rides down the road better then any cadi I've ever owned. And to my surprize when I manually shifted threw the gears and held the "pettle to the metal I grabbed rubber in 2nt grear. Not bad for a full size 205 hp car!! talk about fun when you hit 2nt gear then the tires "churp" and then get her a little sideways, when getting on the freeway I was thinking of buying a crown vic but I bought this insteed about the same car but a little more style. and the millage is not bad concerting how big the car is about 22 in town and 28-32 on the road. the 4.6 is a great motor

Ride, handling, trim opp, overall comfort.

Would of been cool if they could toss in a 5.4 as a option.