Used 2000 Lincoln Town Car Executive Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

My Dream Car
By raven35

2000 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

This is my first Town Car and believe me, it wont be the last. I wish I had driven one sooner. It rides like you are driving on clouds. It acts as if bumps and pot holes were not even on the road. The interior is all leather and the seats are very comfortable. There is a large amount of cabin space and I was surprised at the leg room in the rear passenger compartment. I am 6'3" and have plenty of leg room in the back. The V8 engine is very strong with a lot of torque. This car gets moving in a hurry. I am also surprised at how quite the ride it. At 65 mph, there is very little road or wind noise.

My favorite features are the air ride suspension. I have never driven in an air ride car and what a difference between that and coil springs or struts. The engine is certainly a great feature as the acceleration is very impressive. For such a long sedan, it certainly has power. The interior is roomy and I love the wood grain trim and leather seats and dash.

They stopped making these in 2011 but I would not be surprised if they come back again. If they did start making them again, I would suggest back up cameras as the rear is rather long and it never fails that I tend back into a parking block or into a dirt incline. They went with a stronger air bag material in 2000 so there is less chance for a leak in the bag. The air compressor however needs to be re-engineered to last longer.

Love this car
By Peggy

2000 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Never owned a Ford product before. This car is 100% reliable. No major problems. Repairs have been routine wear and tear. I get 17mpg city and 27mpg hwy. She's got 115,000 miles on her and still going strong. It's super comfortable for passengers. My only wish is for front wheel drive.

Size, climate control, smooth road car

This car does not have a CD player. I've adapted the cassette player. But I have enjoyed rediscovering my cassettes

Comfortable and lots of room
By tennis1922

2000 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

This is my third Town Car and they keep getting better. I like the comfortable ride, especially on long trips. The large trunk is also a good feature. Another plus has been the service from the dealer Van Burkleo and the Lincoln Dealer Network.

Seats and seat controls, large trunk. comfortable ride

Adjustable pedals, Compass, Good cup holders

Perfect car.
By edwin301

2000 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

This Town Car has been perfect. No problems at all. Everything works perfectly. Very quiet, great A/C, big trunk, and good gas mileage for such a big car.

The smoothest riding car I have ever been in, and good acceleration.

The fake wood could look a little better.

2000 Town Car
By Jlodato

2000 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

The Town Car has lots of leg and head room. I love the way the car performs.

The car handles like a dream