2000 Lincoln Town Car - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
Consumers have lost a great luxury vehicle
By lvmylincoln on 09/29/13 13:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I have read Edmunds review of the Lincold Towncar and in my opinion, it was written by someone who is only into sports vehicles and small vehicles. I have owned Lincoln Towncars since 1980, in fact, my wife and I both drive Towncars and both have loved the Towncar since our first, which was a 1980 Mark. These vehicles have always gotten better gas mileage that the standard Ford, Chevrolet or Chrysler product. They have cost us less to operate and repair than any vehicle we owned prior to the Lincoln. They have gone through several major style changes since 1980 and are still the most luxurious ride. This includes all the foreign & domestics.

My Dream Car
By raven35 on 04/04/12 13:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

This is my first Town Car and believe me, it wont be the last. I wish I had driven one sooner. It rides like you are driving on clouds. It acts as if bumps and pot holes were not even on the road. The interior is all leather and the seats are very comfortable. There is a large amount of cabin space and I was surprised at the leg room in the rear passenger compartment. I am 6'3" and have plenty of leg room in the back. The V8 engine is very strong with a lot of torque. This car gets moving in a hurry. I am also surprised at how quite the ride it. At 65 mph, there is very little road or wind noise.

Best for the money- by far
By Tom Anderson on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I have owned it for 10 years, and have 274,000 miles on it. Just came back from 2500 mile trip, 80 mph and 25 mpg, sailed along like it always does. Snobs can drive other things, this is the best for a car load of toys and presents and smart driving. I don't care what the others think, they're wrong. This is a tough, solid car. Had one before totaled, t-boned by squad car, and i didn't even get a scratch. Want to live and live good? Get a towncar.

solid,safe,&roomy
By madman4.6 on 02/11/10 14:41 PM (PST)

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

this car has plenty of room for six folks(try that in your camry/accord,etc)and plenty luggage.xtra smooth ride,good mpg(up to 26 hwy),very reliable powerplant, never failed to start. just hit 100k and just had air suspension blow out. (MUST turn OFF air bag switch in trunk before jacking it up!). converted it to a standard coil spring setup for approx 1/2 the price. couple sets of brakes and tires and thats about it in nearly 10 yrs. So far it's given us less $$trouble than relatives foreign made supposed reliable cars like accord and maxima. They are in the process of replacing them and we'll just keep riding in safety and roomy comfort.RWD American luxurycars are unbeatable for reliability

Lincoln-Ford Got it right
By Del on 11/01/09 21:28 PM (PST)

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I've allways held true to ford.. When they built this car they got it right. Some say it's a Grandpa car I say NO! Rides down the road better then any cadi I've ever owned. And to my surprize when I manually shifted threw the gears and held the "pettle to the metal I grabbed rubber in 2nt grear. Not bad for a full size 205 hp car!! talk about fun when you hit 2nt gear then the tires "churp" and then get her a little sideways, when getting on the freeway I was thinking of buying a crown vic but I bought this insteed about the same car but a little more style. and the millage is not bad concerting how big the car is about 22 in town and 28-32 on the road. the 4.6 is a great motor

Love this car
By Peggy on 08/06/09 15:45 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Never owned a Ford product before. This car is 100% reliable. No major problems. Repairs have been routine wear and tear. I get 17mpg city and 27mpg hwy. She's got 115,000 miles on her and still going strong. It's super comfortable for passengers. My only wish is for front wheel drive.

Great Car for the money
By omahadave on 06/21/09 12:59 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

Bought this car 4 years ago with 50K on it. Now at 95K and have spent not one cent on a repair of any kind. Amazing. Mileage is unreal. 22-28 on the highway. Comfort like this with such mileage is a winner any way you look at it.

M. C. Thompson
By Lincoln on 07/01/07 20:06 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. It is the first vehicle that I have put 234,000 miles. The only major problem I had was a blown out spark plug at 210,000 miles,which was probably my fault because I did not torgue it. Was able to find a used engine for about the same price has a new head. The car could use more power. However for traveling you can't beat it. Repair cost have been a lot less than for Cadillac owners I've known. You can't beat the ride comfort. Will buy another one next time.

I'm Spoiled!
By A Very Special Lady on 12/24/05 01:30 AM (PST)

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

This car is marvelous, classy/ conservative comfortable & beautiful, my own limo!

Great Car!
By intelu1 on 06/06/05 13:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Lincoln Town Car Executive L 4dr Sedan

I love this car. We have taken several long road trips and this is the most comfortable riding car i've ever been in. The gas mileage is great - we've gotten up to 30 mpg on a road trip (freeway), the avg is approx. 26 mpg on highway driving around town its 21 to 23 mpg. This car has plenty of leg room not only for the front sead riders, but more then enough room for the back seat riders as well. My parents have cadillacs. They went on a trip with us and they both stated that their caddies can't even compare to the comfortable ride you get in this car. They stated next time they buy a new car it will be a Lincoln town car.