1999 Lincoln Town Car - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
Good car
By eli_10 on 07/23/13 17:10 PM (PDT)

1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I'm 18 and its my first car, my dad gave it to me, it was his, privately owned not used as a taxi. I just hit about 87,500 and the car runs perfectly had some bumps with it gas pump broke on me a while ago but other than that i don't have any major issues with it. Its old and needs some upgrades here and there but other than that its pretty good. But the one thing i dont like about it is that its so big! The drive itself is awesome, really smooth, you don't feel the road when driving and the steering is great, its like cutting through room temp butter with a hot knife.

Biggest POS Ever
By lincolntc on 03/19/12 09:02 AM (PDT)

1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

Bought it 3 months ago and Spent 1000 dollars so fat and need 1500 more. Bought Plugs, Fuel Pump $600, Fuel Filter, and more. Needs Intake Manifold , Valve cover gaskets, Coil Packs, Muffler, and Altinator. Im a Mechanic but with no money ever Because it is all spent on this Garbage I'm Done selling it to someone who would love to spend thousands on a car that was [non-permissible content removed] from the dealer. Btw The Car only has 88,000 Miles.

Don't Waste Your $$$
By rjbinwv on 02/03/11 20:50 PM (PST)

1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 1999 Lincoln Town car in Feb. 2010 with the car only having 75ooo miles on it. The interior and exterior was in mint condition. Well........it is now Feb 2011 almost a year-to-date, and I have probably spent close to 2,000 dollars on this thing!!! I don't think I have ever hated a car as much as I hate this one! I HAD to change air suspension over to shocks, or it wouldnt pass inspection-500dollars. Countless coil packs, alternator, a/c compressor with clutch, NOW this past weekend smoke was pouring through the vents! I was like"what the crap is going on NOW?!" I have a broke heater core. It's a 60dollar part for a 700dollar job! Getting another car! Dont waste your money!!!!!!

Great Car All Around
By hobbles on 01/09/11 18:14 PM (PST)

1999 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Being 19 I have a weirder taste than others my age but I love the nice large luxury sedans. Before this car I had a 1990 Dodge Dynasty which I loved but the air stopped working, the suspension was in need of some attention and the transmission went, it would cost more to fix than I paid for it so I needed to move on reluctantly. I love the look of this one over the rest being a gold (like my dynasty) and the soft top and that reflective band across the bottom sides. The inside is great has room for friends, is really quite inside and out, is smooth, and has some power when you need it. There seems to be no problems so far except for the soft top is kinda deteriorating due to neglect.

99 Lincoln TC Sig.
By bzoerner on 08/06/09 07:32 AM (PDT)

1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I have had a 75,77,89,95 and just bought a used 99 town car. The car had 170000 when i bought it. I changed the ball joints & tie rod ends, belt, oil, trans filter. Removed the air susp. bags and replaced with new coils for a crown vic. Awesome car and good to go! You buy a used Lincoln-replace the ball joints and tie rods. Don't wait for them to fail. This is the best lincoln yet and I will buy another! I love it! Just remember- you will find alot more good reviews about the 99 town car than bad reviews!

Shame I'll never own another one!
By macadoches on 01/21/09 19:39 PM (PST)

1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

Best car I've ever had, get 30mpg on highway if I keep speed about 65-68. Its quick manuevering has gotten me out of several bad spots, which surprised me due to its size. And I've always felt safe in it. Am starting to have a few problems now, but nothing big, and that's due to age. Would have liked sturdier bumpers. And the airflow in the front windows is somewhat odd. But I plan to drive it until it falls apart on the road and then I'll walk away from it. Breaks my heart I'll never be able to afford another one! Wish I'd gotten two when I had the money, and put one up!

Awesome Car 99 Town Car
By Jiggs Casey on 11/02/08 17:50 PM (PST)

1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

This car is great. I bought it with 75000 miles and it has been perfect since the day I bought it. Great mileage for a big car. Rides so good I can't wait to get in it every day and go to work. I will surely by another one when I am done with this one.

1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature Touring
By rob on 10/14/08 04:48 AM (PDT)

1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

Always liked the styling on the new generation (1998-2002)Lincoln Town Cars. Especially the harder to find Signature Touring Edition which has an increase in horsepower, dual exhausts, firmer suspension, chrome wheels, monochromatic exterior, etc. So when one came along for $4,000, I had to buy it. Gas prices are coming down a bit and they get respectable gas mileage for a large car. I don't think this will be my last Town Car either!

Lincoln Town Car
By Jeanne Barry on 07/08/07 08:11 AM (PDT)

1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I really love the looks of my Town Car. It is cherry red with a tan roof. I'm single right now and feel that a mid-size car would be a better choice for me.

Has been a pleasure to drive and own!
By Clint Krajnik on 04/22/07 13:29 PM (PDT)

1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

This car has the best ride and hood view I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. It is very quiet when inside or out, you can barely hear the engine unless you step on it! My 11- year old daughter's first words after riding in it were, "It feels so smooth, like we're floating". All the toys and power stuff still work. I have recently replaced two front tie rods and one ball joint. Not sure what the cause was, but that has been only problem. The steering is now smooth, responsive and quiet. Fuel economy is 20.5 mpg city/highway mix. I was 31 when I bought it, which is probably too young to own one. But the ride!