Used 1999 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Good car
By eli_10

1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I'm 18 and its my first car, my dad gave it to me, it was his, privately owned not used as a taxi. I just hit about 87,500 and the car runs perfectly had some bumps with it gas pump broke on me a while ago but other than that i don't have any major issues with it. Its old and needs some upgrades here and there but other than that its pretty good. But the one thing i dont like about it is that its so big! The drive itself is awesome, really smooth, you don't feel the road when driving and the steering is great, its like cutting through room temp butter with a hot knife.

Favorite Features

Its got a pretty good sound system wouldnt say great but not bad for a Town car (i have the alpine sound system).

Biggest POS Ever
By lincolntc

1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

Bought it 3 months ago and Spent 1000 dollars so fat and need 1500 more. Bought Plugs, Fuel Pump $600, Fuel Filter, and more. Needs Intake Manifold , Valve cover gaskets, Coil Packs, Muffler, and Altinator. Im a Mechanic but with no money ever Because it is all spent on this Garbage I'm Done selling it to someone who would love to spend thousands on a car that was [non-permissible content removed] from the dealer. Btw The Car only has 88,000 Miles.

Favorite Features

Its Good on Gas Because I Get to drive a half a trip and it gets towed back to my house.

Suggested Improvements

I could go on for hours so everything electrical and Mechanical.

Don't Waste Your $$$
By rjbinwv

1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 1999 Lincoln Town car in Feb. 2010 with the car only having 75ooo miles on it. The interior and exterior was in mint condition. Well........it is now Feb 2011 almost a year-to-date, and I have probably spent close to 2,000 dollars on this thing!!! I don't think I have ever hated a car as much as I hate this one! I HAD to change air suspension over to shocks, or it wouldnt pass inspection-500dollars. Countless coil packs, alternator, a/c compressor with clutch, NOW this past weekend smoke was pouring through the vents! I was like"what the crap is going on NOW?!" I have a broke heater core. It's a 60dollar part for a 700dollar job! Getting another car! Dont waste your money!!!!!!

Great Car All Around
By hobbles

1999 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Being 19 I have a weirder taste than others my age but I love the nice large luxury sedans. Before this car I had a 1990 Dodge Dynasty which I loved but the air stopped working, the suspension was in need of some attention and the transmission went, it would cost more to fix than I paid for it so I needed to move on reluctantly. I love the look of this one over the rest being a gold (like my dynasty) and the soft top and that reflective band across the bottom sides. The inside is great has room for friends, is really quite inside and out, is smooth, and has some power when you need it. There seems to be no problems so far except for the soft top is kinda deteriorating due to neglect.

Favorite Features

The power seats I liked having in my old car and is nice to still have to get the right position I like. I was unsure of leather seats but they are actually very nice and is an ok change from the corduroy seats of my old car. The stereo is nice and I prefer a tape deck over a cd player so I can use those tapes that can be connected to an mp3 player if I want. The v8, this car isnt to bad on gas for such a big car and engine but if I cared so much about the gas mileage I would have gotten something else. The menu with the mpg avg and all the other neat things is nice to making you very aware of how much gas your using and to ease up if you want to save some.

Suggested Improvements

I do wish it had a tachometer but I could live with out it. There is nothing else I can think of, its great.

99 Lincoln TC Sig.
By bzoerner

1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I have had a 75,77,89,95 and just bought a used 99 town car. The car had 170000 when i bought it. I changed the ball joints & tie rod ends, belt, oil, trans filter. Removed the air susp. bags and replaced with new coils for a crown vic. Awesome car and good to go! You buy a used Lincoln-replace the ball joints and tie rods. Don't wait for them to fail. This is the best lincoln yet and I will buy another! I love it! Just remember- you will find alot more good reviews about the 99 town car than bad reviews!

Favorite Features

EVERYTHING!!!!! Sooooo Awsome!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Better quality rear Air Suspension Bags.