1998 Lincoln Town Car Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
1998 Lincoln Town Car
By presidentme on 12/02/13 19:52 PM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car almost 9 months ago with 102k miles. It did need some work, an intake manifold, 2 coils, and a serpentine belt, but honestly I guess thats what to expect when you purchase an older high end car. All cars break as they age, its that fine vehicles, lincoln, mercedes etc, require more costly parts. All that work cost me $1,500 which I guess isn't horrible. I had to replace one of my front headlamps because it became yellowed and fogged over, got a new one on ebay for $90! VERY easy to replace! pretty sweet deal! My ac compressor just went only $200. I really love my car, its sleak, powerful, beyond comfortable, and I get to say I have a lincoln! i'd buy another Lincoln!

Great Car!
By shawn on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for only seven months. So far I have had very good luck with this car. So far I needed only normal wear and tear items replaced. A good riding car. I can't complain.

ok if you have money to fix problems
By jim on 06/23/10 09:10 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

brought the car year and a half ago and rides like a dream but many many many problems.In the year and a half i have had it the window wiper motor has gone out, my windows half the time don't work (all 4 of them), head gasket blew,water that leaks into the back floor when rains and many other minor problems and let me add I take very good care of my cars and don't beat them. I recommend this car but be prepared to drop some dollars on it.

Great Car
By dwl on 03/26/10 16:12 PM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 98'Lincoln Towncar Executive from my father at 117000 miles a year ago. He bought it at 50,000 miles from a dealership, it had been a corporate program car. No problems with it. Excellent car. Rides nice, no engine sound in the cab, no problems. My father replaced the upper and lower ball joints before I bought it and did some exhaust work. I put new spark plugs on at 100,000 miles. Otherwise nothing has been done to it. I get 24.5 mpg at 65 mph down the interstate. I'll get almost 30 if I drive 55 down the interstate. Trouble free and comfortable. My only complaint is it is horrible on snow-packed roads so I no longer drive it in the winter.

Excellent, Could not be more satisfied
By George on 08/21/08 07:26 AM (PDT)

1998 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Cartier 4dr Sedan

Bought when new. Regular maintanence, Only time it has ever been in the shop is to have the oil changed every 15000 miles. This makes my 7th Lincoln and they were all wonderful and maintenance free, but this has been the best one yet. To be 10 years old, I still have people think it a brand new car. The styling is so current and it is the most comfortable and smooth, quiet riding car I have ever known. No rattles or leaks. You'll never find a better car or a car with a larger trunk. To this day we get 21.5 mpg on highway. If you are looking for economy, buy a moped! I have absolutely no complaints.

Worst Town Car to Date
By Tash Cheema on 11/18/07 12:25 PM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

This car currently has 223K on it. It's my father's car and used it work as a limo driver. Up until about 170K, the car was basically trouble free (one or two minor repairs.) The only real constant problem was a hole in the firewall that allowed rain water and snow to get into the passenger compartment.(The car now wreaks of dirty water). However over the past two years this car has been problematic. Heres a list of all the problems we've had: Two bad wiper motors. Two power driver power window motors. Sunroof stopped working. Intake manifold blew(factory defect). Gas mileage has decreased slowly(now 12-14 mpg). A/C compressor inoperative. A spark plug blew out of the engine.

last of a breed
By Joseph on 01/09/07 10:18 AM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Cartier 4dr Sedan

If you want a traditional American luxury sedan this is the only one left. This vehicle has been a pleasure to own. Last of a breed.

Dream Car
By Cigar Lover on 03/22/06 22:35 PM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

Great car. Love the interior room and trunkspace. Also love that it's an american made rear wheel drive car. Handles well, great exterior styling looks like a mafia car. Built like a tank, I feel safe and ride in luxury. There is a little lack of power, but that can be taken care of (I put dual exhaust on mine!) and performance heads would make a big difference too. Gas milage isn't great, but is good for a car this big.

remarkable
By alan on 01/06/06 17:03 PM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I have inherited this car w/39,000 miles. A dream to own and drive. It now has 44,000 and still appears as new. I particularly like the mileage and extreme quiet.

solid american built car
By bob c on 12/01/05 08:04 AM (PST)

1998 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Cartier 4dr Sedan

Great car. I've had several town cars over the years and this one is the most comfortable to drive of all them.This one stil has a slight wind noise around the window as did all the other town cars in this model series.