Used 1998 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Lincoln Town-car - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Most Helpful|
ok if you have money to fix problems
By jim

1998 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

brought the car year and a half ago and rides like a dream but many many many problems.In the year and a half i have had it the window wiper motor has gone out, my windows half the time don't work (all 4 of them), head gasket blew,water that leaks into the back floor when rains and many other minor problems and let me add I take very good care of my cars and don't beat them. I recommend this car but be prepared to drop some dollars on it.

Favorite Features

the way it drives and comfort

Suggested Improvements

better body quality

Great Car!
By shawn

1998 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for only seven months. So far I have had very good luck with this car. So far I needed only normal wear and tear items replaced. A good riding car. I can't complain.

Favorite Features

This car rides and handles beautifully.

Suggested Improvements

none. I can honestly say this car needs no improvements other than maybe the gas mileage but for a car of this size and comfort it is worth the gas money.

Excellent, Could not be more satisfied
By George

1998 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Cartier 4dr Sedan

Bought when new. Regular maintanence, Only time it has ever been in the shop is to have the oil changed every 15000 miles. This makes my 7th Lincoln and they were all wonderful and maintenance free, but this has been the best one yet. To be 10 years old, I still have people think it a brand new car. The styling is so current and it is the most comfortable and smooth, quiet riding car I have ever known. No rattles or leaks. You'll never find a better car or a car with a larger trunk. To this day we get 21.5 mpg on highway. If you are looking for economy, buy a moped! I have absolutely no complaints.

1998 Lincoln Town Car
By presidentme

1998 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car almost 9 months ago with 102k miles. It did need some work, an intake manifold, 2 coils, and a serpentine belt, but honestly I guess thats what to expect when you purchase an older high end car. All cars break as they age, its that fine vehicles, lincoln, mercedes etc, require more costly parts. All that work cost me $1,500 which I guess isn't horrible. I had to replace one of my front headlamps because it became yellowed and fogged over, got a new one on ebay for $90! VERY easy to replace! pretty sweet deal! My ac compressor just went only $200. I really love my car, its sleak, powerful, beyond comfortable, and I get to say I have a lincoln! i'd buy another Lincoln!

Favorite Features

Comfort, color (red), interior spacious, acceleration, reliability, classic look.

Suggested Improvements

Wood trim looks kind of cheap (plastic)? water gets in the head lamp causing them to fade and fog over, water also leaks into rear floor carpet in a small spot.

Great Car
By dwl

1998 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 98'Lincoln Towncar Executive from my father at 117000 miles a year ago. He bought it at 50,000 miles from a dealership, it had been a corporate program car. No problems with it. Excellent car. Rides nice, no engine sound in the cab, no problems. My father replaced the upper and lower ball joints before I bought it and did some exhaust work. I put new spark plugs on at 100,000 miles. Otherwise nothing has been done to it. I get 24.5 mpg at 65 mph down the interstate. I'll get almost 30 if I drive 55 down the interstate. Trouble free and comfortable. My only complaint is it is horrible on snow-packed roads so I no longer drive it in the winter.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine. Excellent Ride. Great Leather Interior.

Suggested Improvements

Bottom deflectors have colored slightly so it is slightly off color from the top of the car so is noticeable if you look for it. Dual factory exhaust should have been standard. Why is it Lincolns never hold re-sale value when they get age?