Used 1998 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan

Don't want to sell it!!
By G

1998 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan

I bought this 98 Town Car 3 yrs ago at 105,000 miles. It needed an alternator, but it was inexpensive and expected for a then 16 y.o. car. I have just been periodically doing maintenance, including a transmission flush. It still runs great with a now 118,000 miles 3 yrs later. It has not left me stranded and surprisingly starts after sitting in freezing weather for a week or more - without a jump. Technology (heated seats, climate/stereo controls on steering) is fairly par w/ current vehicles.

Window regulators DO suck, but they work. I'd consider that a maintenance item for an 18 y.o. car that most people think is fairly new.

Overall, if you're going to buy a 15+ year old car - this model is one to buy, as they were manufactured with having in mind that some will be used as a livery/service vehicle. Keep up w/ maintenance and it'll take care of you. These vehicles are inexpensive to maintain, due to its platform being shared w/ a Crown Vic.

1998 Lincoln Town Car
By presidentme

1998 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car almost 9 months ago with 102k miles. It did need some work, an intake manifold, 2 coils, and a serpentine belt, but honestly I guess thats what to expect when you purchase an older high end car. All cars break as they age, its that fine vehicles, lincoln, mercedes etc, require more costly parts. All that work cost me $1,500 which I guess isn't horrible. I had to replace one of my front headlamps because it became yellowed and fogged over, got a new one on ebay for $90! VERY easy to replace! pretty sweet deal! My ac compressor just went only $200. I really love my car, its sleak, powerful, beyond comfortable, and I get to say I have a lincoln! i'd buy another Lincoln!

Comfort, color (red), interior spacious, acceleration, reliability, classic look.

Wood trim looks kind of cheap (plastic)? water gets in the head lamp causing them to fade and fog over, water also leaks into rear floor carpet in a small spot.

Great Car!
By shawn

1998 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for only seven months. So far I have had very good luck with this car. So far I needed only normal wear and tear items replaced. A good riding car. I can't complain.

This car rides and handles beautifully.

none. I can honestly say this car needs no improvements other than maybe the gas mileage but for a car of this size and comfort it is worth the gas money.

ok if you have money to fix problems
By jim

1998 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

brought the car year and a half ago and rides like a dream but many many many problems.In the year and a half i have had it the window wiper motor has gone out, my windows half the time don't work (all 4 of them), head gasket blew,water that leaks into the back floor when rains and many other minor problems and let me add I take very good care of my cars and don't beat them. I recommend this car but be prepared to drop some dollars on it.

the way it drives and comfort

better body quality