1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
Love This Beast!!!!
By luvmylincoln on 09/14/13 20:37 PM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $2100 eight months ago. It had 219,000 miles on it when I bought it. I currently have 230,000 miles on it and I haven't had ONE problem with this vehicle. I love the fact that this car is huge, as it fits my family of 4 perfectly. The trunk is gigantic. I have a picture of my 21 year old sister and my two daughters sitting comfortably in my trunk tail-gating. Lol. This car handles phenomenally, and drives so smooth. I have owned brand new vehicles before, and none have compared to my Towncar. It will be a sad day for me when I have to get rid of it.

Wanted one for a while. Finally got it.
By Caleb on 09/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

My first car was a '84 Grand Marquis and it made me love big cars but knew the town car was the top dog in luxury cars so I wanted a Town car. Finally bought this '97 a couple weeks ago and I love it! I'm 22 and everybody makes fun of me but I love it. So comfortable,plenty of power, and gets over 23mpg. It has tons of awesome features my '04 mustang don't even have. I stopped at a store yesterday and when I came out the car was smoking. Apparently the intake manifold malfunctioned and anti-freeze was everywhere. Seeing it's a common problem I'm not too upset. I just hope it don't cost too much to fix so I can get it back on the road and enjoy it some more.

They don't make-em like this anymore
By Todd on 08/11/08 16:03 PM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I bought this 97 TC 6-years old with 36,000 miles. The previous owner had not taken care of it. With some minor brake-work and a tune-up, this car was literally as good as new. Over 5 years later, I still drive it and am in awe over how reliable this car is. I had a transmission cooler installed 2 years ago and have been towing a pop-up camper with it for the past 2 years, no problems at all. This car goes and goes and goes. I have considered trading it in for an explorer or other SUV, but considering how reliable this car is and it's low resale, I would be foolish. I get 25MPG on the highway doing 70. Can any other V8 do the same? This may be the last great Ford on the road.

97 TTown Car
By LTC97 on 07/01/07 23:27 PM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

ThisTown Car has been a great car. It is my 3rd Town Car. I love them and they're great cars to own. For the money they're the best big car on the road and they're very very safe. You can go well over 20,000 miles in a Town Car. They last forever .

Awesome Town Car
By RD on 11/05/05 10:42 AM (PST)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Signature Series Town Car in August 2005. I love the dark blue leather interior w/ heated seats. Let me say that I can't believe the options and silky smooth ride. Mine even had a full carriage top. Mileage was 93K, but considering it's a 1997, not bad. I'm a man in my mid 30s, and have already been teased about buying a grandpa car. But, I am the one whose laughing because this TC will outlast their new $30K+ cars or SUVs and mine is already 8 years old! This car will easily go 200-300K. I've taken it on trips with my wife and two kids and it makes traveling a breeze. People get out of passing lane real fast when they see this beast in their rearview mirror!

Last of the Best
By John Abbey on 10/08/05 02:21 AM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

Bought our first Town Car (low mileage '91) in '97. We loved it, however, we did do major repairs on it the fourth and fifth year we owned it. I have been wanting one more of the 'Classic' style pre '98 versions and recently found another low milage (58K) at the same dealership we bought the '91. I have never bought an eight year old car that looks and feels as "new" as this does. It is a dream to drive and in perfect condition! There is just no comparision when it comes to ride and quiet -- the smoothest ride going and this one gets over 27 mpg on the road. I feel we will enjoy this Lincoln for a long time and it was very reasonable to purchase.

I love my Lincolns
By BE on 05/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I have now owned three Lincoln Towncars. I have had virtually no major issues with any of them. If you keep the oil changed and the transmission serviced regualarly they'll run forever. My dad has a fleet of these cars for his sales people. They all have over 300,000 on the clock and still run strong. I'll never buy any other car. You can't beat the comfort and reliability....or price.

Lincoln 97 Signature Series Town Car
By ryanjames on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

Town Car mean ultimate reliabitliy and luxury combined in one grand package. Who says that every consumer has to sell out to the twenty-something appeal that every carmaker is going after. In my opinion, my Town Car represents the last of America's Hallmark of Luxury automobiles.

our best car yet
By Lewis102090 on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

This is our first Lincoln, I have had Cadillacs and a Grand Marquis. I would like to say that I believe we've reached the top , even though it is a used vehichle this car beats our gr. marquis (and it was new). However, the gr. marquis did save me from harm in a serious accident, I was rear-ended and pushed into on-coming traffic and hit head-on. All I had were bruises. I hope that I never have to test this vehichle in that manner. although I have no doubt that I will be completely safe. Thank you for my wonderful car. Mrs. Sheryl Lewis

Buys nothing but Lincolns
By GL on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I now have 103,000 miles on my Town Car and it is still like new. I have had no problems to date and all mechanicals are still factory original. I purchased this car to replace a 1989 Cartier Town Car that was totaled in an accident (it had 200,000 miles and was still factory fresh). The 1999-2002 Town Cars are just to ugly. I will always continue to buy Lincolns. They are inexpensive to keep. Could use more horsepower. I remember the 60's Lincolns with the 460 engine. Those Lincolns could move.