Used 1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Love This Beast!!!!
By luvmylincoln

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $2100 eight months ago. It had 219,000 miles on it when I bought it. I currently have 230,000 miles on it and I haven't had ONE problem with this vehicle. I love the fact that this car is huge, as it fits my family of 4 perfectly. The trunk is gigantic. I have a picture of my 21 year old sister and my two daughters sitting comfortably in my trunk tail-gating. Lol. This car handles phenomenally, and drives so smooth. I have owned brand new vehicles before, and none have compared to my Towncar. It will be a sad day for me when I have to get rid of it.

Smooth ride, decent gas mileage, mechanically sound, digital speedometer, etc.

The radio could be a bit better. Sometimes there is an echo on certain radio stations.

Wanted one for a while. Finally got it.
By Caleb

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

My first car was a '84 Grand Marquis and it made me love big cars but knew the town car was the top dog in luxury cars so I wanted a Town car. Finally bought this '97 a couple weeks ago and I love it! I'm 22 and everybody makes fun of me but I love it. So comfortable,plenty of power, and gets over 23mpg. It has tons of awesome features my '04 mustang don't even have. I stopped at a store yesterday and when I came out the car was smoking. Apparently the intake manifold malfunctioned and anti-freeze was everywhere. Seeing it's a common problem I'm not too upset. I just hope it don't cost too much to fix so I can get it back on the road and enjoy it some more.

Steering wheel controls, being able to adjust how tight or loose the steering is and the light that comes on on the side of the car when you put the turn signal on at night to help you see better when turning.

A better intake Manifold.

They don't make-em like this anymore
By Todd

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I bought this 97 TC 6-years old with 36,000 miles. The previous owner had not taken care of it. With some minor brake-work and a tune-up, this car was literally as good as new. Over 5 years later, I still drive it and am in awe over how reliable this car is. I had a transmission cooler installed 2 years ago and have been towing a pop-up camper with it for the past 2 years, no problems at all. This car goes and goes and goes. I have considered trading it in for an explorer or other SUV, but considering how reliable this car is and it's low resale, I would be foolish. I get 25MPG on the highway doing 70. Can any other V8 do the same? This may be the last great Ford on the road.

Smooth ride, fuel economy, safety.

Paint job is not the best. CV boots are not top quality.

97 TTown Car
By LTC97

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

ThisTown Car has been a great car. It is my 3rd Town Car. I love them and they're great cars to own. For the money they're the best big car on the road and they're very very safe. You can go well over 20,000 miles in a Town Car. They last forever .

JBL CD player , seats, auto lights, auto locks, power everything

Bring the body of the '95 - '96 Town Car back .

Awesome Town Car
By RD

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Signature Series Town Car in August 2005. I love the dark blue leather interior w/ heated seats. Let me say that I can't believe the options and silky smooth ride. Mine even had a full carriage top. Mileage was 93K, but considering it's a 1997, not bad. I'm a man in my mid 30s, and have already been teased about buying a grandpa car. But, I am the one whose laughing because this TC will outlast their new $30K+ cars or SUVs and mine is already 8 years old! This car will easily go 200-300K. I've taken it on trips with my wife and two kids and it makes traveling a breeze. People get out of passing lane real fast when they see this beast in their rearview mirror!

Heated Seats, JLB Sound System, Huge interior and trunk.

A DOHC 4.6L like the ones in the Continental would be nice.