Used 1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Love This Beast!!!!
By luvmylincoln

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $2100 eight months ago. It had 219,000 miles on it when I bought it. I currently have 230,000 miles on it and I haven't had ONE problem with this vehicle. I love the fact that this car is huge, as it fits my family of 4 perfectly. The trunk is gigantic. I have a picture of my 21 year old sister and my two daughters sitting comfortably in my trunk tail-gating. Lol. This car handles phenomenally, and drives so smooth. I have owned brand new vehicles before, and none have compared to my Towncar. It will be a sad day for me when I have to get rid of it.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, decent gas mileage, mechanically sound, digital speedometer, etc.

Suggested Improvements

The radio could be a bit better. Sometimes there is an echo on certain radio stations.

One of the Best Cars to Own
By amdo

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for 4 years, I bought it with 121k miles and now it has 165k. It has been the most reliable car I could ask for, I got rear ended and it got totaled but since the damage was almost un-noticeable I did the buy back and I still drive it. I buy crap cars to try and keep wear off of the car. Where all my other cars have failed this has been there to catch me and hold me as my only car as well as backup. I hardly ever have to maintain it, I had to change a ball joint once and just change the oil. One of the best cars ever made.

Favorite Features

Amazing interior and very smooth ride with balanced power and gas mileage. Gets only a couple miles less per gallon as other cars close in years but with V6s and V4s.

Suggested Improvements

Rear wheel can make things a little difficult in the snow, but I live in the mountains and have had never really gotten stuck or had issues.

Wanted one for a while. Finally got it.
By Caleb

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

My first car was a '84 Grand Marquis and it made me love big cars but knew the town car was the top dog in luxury cars so I wanted a Town car. Finally bought this '97 a couple weeks ago and I love it! I'm 22 and everybody makes fun of me but I love it. So comfortable,plenty of power, and gets over 23mpg. It has tons of awesome features my '04 mustang don't even have. I stopped at a store yesterday and when I came out the car was smoking. Apparently the intake manifold malfunctioned and anti-freeze was everywhere. Seeing it's a common problem I'm not too upset. I just hope it don't cost too much to fix so I can get it back on the road and enjoy it some more.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls, being able to adjust how tight or loose the steering is and the light that comes on on the side of the car when you put the turn signal on at night to help you see better when turning.

Suggested Improvements

A better intake Manifold.

Such a great car
By Eric Deshazier

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

I have had the car for about a month, it has been really great. It got sugared and it is still running great. I couldn't ask for a better car. Everybody loves riding in my town car. It has so much room in it, and of course everybody calls it a granny car, but its not. Its a beast of a car and I love it, people know when to move when a town car comes their way. Because they know we be rolling. Lol.

Favorite Features

The seats, outside design, side lamps on the front, speakers, size, ride quality, high powered air conditioner, digital dash

Suggested Improvements

CD player,Lincoln emblems in the back seats, the passenger seat to move up more than it does

Best car I have ever owned
By GPerkins

1997 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Cartier 4dr Sedan

I was fortunate when I was able to purchase my Lincoln. It is so luxurious and comfortable. This is one vehicle that is still noticed fr it's looks and size. A compact car, its not. These cars have such lasting appeal and still look beautiful over 12 years after the design was changed. My husband has a spinal cord injury, and this car is perfect for him. It is so much more comfortable to ride in than newer compact/mid-size cars (which I found to hurt my back after a 700 mile road trip in a rental car). I am forever Lincoln Town Car fan. I am definately spoiled to the various buttons on the steering wheel, which helps when driving, so that I don't have to take my eyes off the road.

Favorite Features

Power seats with memory settings, multiple button functions, quiet ride, 210 hp V-8, roomy interior, stylish, powerful, room for 6 adults, variable steering settings for various driving conditions

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage could improve (though it is decent when drove at a constant speed under 60 mph)