1997 Lincoln Town Car - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
Love This Beast!!!!
By luvmylincoln on 09/14/13 20:37 PM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $2100 eight months ago. It had 219,000 miles on it when I bought it. I currently have 230,000 miles on it and I haven't had ONE problem with this vehicle. I love the fact that this car is huge, as it fits my family of 4 perfectly. The trunk is gigantic. I have a picture of my 21 year old sister and my two daughters sitting comfortably in my trunk tail-gating. Lol. This car handles phenomenally, and drives so smooth. I have owned brand new vehicles before, and none have compared to my Towncar. It will be a sad day for me when I have to get rid of it.

One of the Best Cars to Own
By amdo on 12/30/12 16:02 PM (PST)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for 4 years, I bought it with 121k miles and now it has 165k. It has been the most reliable car I could ask for, I got rear ended and it got totaled but since the damage was almost un-noticeable I did the buy back and I still drive it. I buy crap cars to try and keep wear off of the car. Where all my other cars have failed this has been there to catch me and hold me as my only car as well as backup. I hardly ever have to maintain it, I had to change a ball joint once and just change the oil. One of the best cars ever made.

Wanted one for a while. Finally got it.
By Caleb on 09/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

My first car was a '84 Grand Marquis and it made me love big cars but knew the town car was the top dog in luxury cars so I wanted a Town car. Finally bought this '97 a couple weeks ago and I love it! I'm 22 and everybody makes fun of me but I love it. So comfortable,plenty of power, and gets over 23mpg. It has tons of awesome features my '04 mustang don't even have. I stopped at a store yesterday and when I came out the car was smoking. Apparently the intake manifold malfunctioned and anti-freeze was everywhere. Seeing it's a common problem I'm not too upset. I just hope it don't cost too much to fix so I can get it back on the road and enjoy it some more.

Such a great car
By Eric Deshazier on 07/12/10 19:59 PM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I have had the car for about a month, it has been really great. It got sugared and it is still running great. I couldn't ask for a better car. Everybody loves riding in my town car. It has so much room in it, and of course everybody calls it a granny car, but its not. Its a beast of a car and I love it, people know when to move when a town car comes their way. Because they know we be rolling. Lol.

Best car I have ever owned
By GPerkins on 07/20/09 18:33 PM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan

I was fortunate when I was able to purchase my Lincoln. It is so luxurious and comfortable. This is one vehicle that is still noticed fr it's looks and size. A compact car, its not. These cars have such lasting appeal and still look beautiful over 12 years after the design was changed. My husband has a spinal cord injury, and this car is perfect for him. It is so much more comfortable to ride in than newer compact/mid-size cars (which I found to hurt my back after a 700 mile road trip in a rental car). I am forever Lincoln Town Car fan. I am definately spoiled to the various buttons on the steering wheel, which helps when driving, so that I don't have to take my eyes off the road.

Millions of retired guys can't be wrong
By K Kraus on 06/19/09 17:47 PM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Just brought home my "new too me" 97. Previously owned a 91 and two 85 Crown Vic's. I'm 42 and have owned nearly 40 cars in my life, without question the 91 to 97 Town Cars will go down as legends. They strike the perfect balance of ride, fuel milage, comfort, dependability, performnce and just about every other catagory I can think of. The only short coming is driving in snow, but thats only because of RWD, but really, if you have half a brain, you'll be fine. If you don't get 22-24 MPG and 250,000 miles out of one of these, you aren't trying. And trust me, once you drive one, you will want to put 250,000 on it. All other cars will fall short, way short. If you are looking to buy one, DO IT

great driving, but...
By Ron on 06/08/09 05:58 AM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used, fantastic ride. I put in an aftermarket stereo system and used the JBL speakers that were stock. I really enjoy this car. The intake manifold may crack as mine did and will cost at least $250 to replace if you DIY. FORD knows about this problem and made a better replacement. (engineering brain cramp) The dealership wanted $1100+ for the fix - wow Other than a few minor problems, it's a keeper. '97 is the last of the long land yaght body style but I think it is still more appealing than the newer models. The 97 also has a better front end (lights/grill) than older models. Mine is equipped with the digital dash - Nice!

Princess
By DEBM on 10/07/08 10:03 AM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan

It has been a long time since I've driven a car I really enjoy, but Princess was a true bargain for me at just 1,500. I'll never go back to a small car again. Economy vs luxury, sorry but I've paid my dues and this car is my pay off. The body design can't be beat and once on the highway, I average 28 miles per gallon.

They don't make-em like this anymore
By Todd on 08/11/08 16:03 PM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I bought this 97 TC 6-years old with 36,000 miles. The previous owner had not taken care of it. With some minor brake-work and a tune-up, this car was literally as good as new. Over 5 years later, I still drive it and am in awe over how reliable this car is. I had a transmission cooler installed 2 years ago and have been towing a pop-up camper with it for the past 2 years, no problems at all. This car goes and goes and goes. I have considered trading it in for an explorer or other SUV, but considering how reliable this car is and it's low resale, I would be foolish. I get 25MPG on the highway doing 70. Can any other V8 do the same? This may be the last great Ford on the road.

Best used car buy
By roadrunner on 07/14/08 15:32 PM (PDT)

1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 47,000 miles on it about 5 or so years ago. Replaced tires and shocks with Biltstine shocks and drove it to death in my business. This car owes me nothing and only recently had to replace all four ball joints and brakes and a switch in the transmission. The last set of tires took me 70,000 miles. This is probably the best car purchase I have ever made and I'm 67 years old.