Used 1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Best value ever
By marh42

1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I bought this car Feb 1st for $450.00. One service and a window regulator is the ONLY money I have spent. Has 234,000 miles, acts like most 50,000 mile cars I have been in.

Nothing better than a Lincoln
By pureghol

1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I did not like this body design until I drove one. I have owned a 81 and 88 T/C's and it has been a real surprise to me that it is now extinct. My car performs exceedingly well and the controls are easy to reach. The ride is surprisingly smooth. Two of my relatives after riding in it went out and got their own. I would buy another one in a heartbeat! Mine has the dual exhaust and the extra power is really felt when I lean on it.

The automatic climate control and the sound system.

Ball joints that you can lube!

Little old lady's car
By R. Glenn

1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Bought this from a retired lady (son's mother-in-law), had low mileage. Ran great, rode great, until air suspension went on fritz, now bottoms and rides rough; speed control quit; sensors say w/w fluid always low, even when full; plastic intake manifold split (now find this is very common!), dumping coolant, required tow to repair shop.

Luxurious feel to car. All controls acessible to driver, master locks and controls in door, etc. A/C cools down quickly.

No plastic parts in pressurized coolant system ever! Better sensor indicator reliability.

High Class
By Mea

1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I went from driving a very Large Chevrolet conversion van to driving my Lincoln Town Car. I love how smooth it drives and how you don't hear any clinking in the engine. It's a pleasure to drive.

The body doesn't have a ding in it. The inside is immaculate. I can't pick a favorite feature since the whole car is amazing.

I would improve the car by putting a CD player in it. The model only comes with a tape player.

96TC current value
By Richard Welker

1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Have replaced theengine at 105,000 with salvage yard motor with 70,00 miles on it. Current odometer reading 145,000. very small hail damage spots.Car is in excellent condition.Load leveler bags replaced,left door window mechanism replaced, all new shocks,ties-.006 each-Michelin.Heater gate valve replaced.

steering wheel control-temp,radio volume,, FM/AM/speed control, CD,excellent surround sound (JBL sound system?)

none