1996 Lincoln Town Car - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
Best value ever
By marh42 on 09/20/11 10:52 AM (PDT)

1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I bought this car Feb 1st for $450.00. One service and a window regulator is the ONLY money I have spent. Has 234,000 miles, acts like most 50,000 mile cars I have been in.

Nothing better than a Lincoln
By pureghol on 07/07/08 06:37 AM (PDT)

1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I did not like this body design until I drove one. I have owned a 81 and 88 T/C's and it has been a real surprise to me that it is now extinct. My car performs exceedingly well and the controls are easy to reach. The ride is surprisingly smooth. Two of my relatives after riding in it went out and got their own. I would buy another one in a heartbeat! Mine has the dual exhaust and the extra power is really felt when I lean on it.

Little old lady's car
By R. Glenn on 02/02/08 19:44 PM (PST)

1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Bought this from a retired lady (son's mother-in-law), had low mileage. Ran great, rode great, until air suspension went on fritz, now bottoms and rides rough; speed control quit; sensors say w/w fluid always low, even when full; plastic intake manifold split (now find this is very common!), dumping coolant, required tow to repair shop.

High Class
By Mea on 08/02/05 15:45 PM (PDT)

1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I went from driving a very Large Chevrolet conversion van to driving my Lincoln Town Car. I love how smooth it drives and how you don't hear any clinking in the engine. It's a pleasure to drive.

96TC current value
By Richard Welker on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Have replaced theengine at 105,000 with salvage yard motor with 70,00 miles on it. Current odometer reading 145,000. very small hail damage spots.Car is in excellent condition.Load leveler bags replaced,left door window mechanism replaced, all new shocks,ties-.006 each-Michelin.Heater gate valve replaced.

SCRIV'S RESULTS
By J SCRIVS on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I love the smooth ride, and luxury provided with this car.Accelerates effortlessly while still quiet as a mouse.

sydney
By lenz on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Has been very reliable. Had to replacemanifold, air suspension boots in rear,one ball joint, wiring to wndshield wipers,

inherited
By flamermuskego on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

smoothest ride ever. feel like I could live in this car if necessary. have a difficult decision to make re keeping this car or putting it up for sale. I'd love to keep it for the weekends only. I feel special when driving it.

Great Car But...
By Jeff Bazell on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Like other reviews, incredible drive, better handling over previous years. Two expensive problems so far; load leveler compressor kaput, cost $500 to replace. Ford products have history of light bulbs blowing out alot. PRNDL light went out at 16K miles. Lots of other people complain of same problems. Prefer my fun car, 1998 Honda Prelude Type SH. Town Car good gas mileage.

King of Comfort
By Binger on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Call me a dinosaur but I love this car! My dad always drove them and I wanted one since I was 24 years old. I am tall (6'5") and just feel more comfortable in a big car. It has ample exceleration and gets 24mph on the highway. At 70 K the only problem has been the horn going out. No other problems.