Used 1996 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Best value ever
By marh42

1996 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I bought this car Feb 1st for $450.00. One service and a window regulator is the ONLY money I have spent. Has 234,000 miles, acts like most 50,000 mile cars I have been in.

1996 Lincoln Town Car Signature
By sig96tc

1996 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

Purchased in 03 with 52K, now has 265,000 miles. Engine has never had the valve covers removed. I have no plans of getting rid of her. These cars are cheap to maintain with plenty of original parts on ebay etc.. Obviously I have taken care of it.

Favorite Features

Leather couch like seating, great ride with air suspension, JBL stereo still sounds great, Bulletproof Modular engine

Suggested Improvements

DOHC engine option,

1996 Lincoln Town Car Cartier
By Scott

1996 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan

My grandparents bought this car brand new as soon as it showed up at the dealer. I think the original list price was $47,000. My grandpa has since died, and in 2005, my grandma didn't feel safe driving anymore at the age of 88. She loved that car and wanted to keep it in the family, so she gave it to me, knowing I'd take the absolute best care of it. It had 31000 miles when she gave it to me. This is the most luxurious car Ford ever built. Has been very reliable, but when things have to be replaced, it's very costly for parts. It now has 102,000 miles and still drives like a dream. I never cared for the newer body style that started in '98 or '99. I'm very grateful to own such a classic car.

Favorite Features

Everything.

Great Car, Terrible Once Things Go Wrong
By poserscenemokid

1996 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

My first car, I bought my car for 3k with 168k miles on it. Ran fine for a week. Then things started to go, catalytic converters, the ac/heat (combined total of ~1200). The stereo went, and an aftermarket double din will not fit. All new rotors and pads; other than that, the car has been great, highway drive is amazing, my friends are jealous (they love driving it as well), sound system is great, heat is hot and the air is cold. I would buy another one, probably a Cartier with fewer miles. I did look at an 05 town car and it was nothing like the 96. Personal opinion, best year for the car.

Favorite Features

Air suspension, leather, digital dash, the power steering, climate control, and HUGE trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

More reliable. Cheaper to maintain. HUGE blind spots no matter how you set the mirrors up.

Just keep rollin'
By kriegar

1996 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

This is my 4th or 5th Town Car, and my second one in this body style/engine configuration. These are solid, dependable, and well appointed vehicles. What little gas money you might save in a lesser car is more than well compensated by the lower long term ownership and insurance costs. They have everything, and they don't break a lot...and no payments! This car provides a comfortable and quiet ride, (reasonable) power(it's NOT an LT1), and reasonable gas mileage. The pollution control system is not so invasive that you cannot touch the car without having it become a problem, and the traditional styling and build are a plus for maintenance and/or modification.

Favorite Features

Quality of interior, ease of repair, roominess and features. Most particularly, the non GM style exhaust system.

Suggested Improvements

A little more power, a little more mileage, I guess. But that's out of a lack of anything else to suggest, more than anything else.