1993 Lincoln Town Car - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
Why did I sell it!?
By mnels on 02/20/12 18:59 PM (PST)

1993 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

This was my 2nd car. It was the best car I've ever driven. The seats were so comfortable you just melted into them. The V8 had so much giddy up! The power steering was amazing, you could pull a U Turn with your pinky if so inclined. It's a car that makes a statement too. The guy at the drive through wanted to buy it every time. Only 1 time in the whole year I owned it did it need to be in the shop, for a brake light switch. I often napped in the back seat between classes. It slid in snow pretty bad, but I always felt safe due to the solid build of the car. It was hard to park at first due to size. Sold it bought an Audi. WORST MISTAKE! If it weren't for living in MN I'd buy another.

150,000 and still rolling
By still cruising on 11/20/09 12:28 PM (PST)

1993 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Purchased in 1993 with 11000 miles, and just keep driving and driving it, everywhere and anywhere. Wow. Would repurchase this thing again in a heartbeat. And it is still beautiful, no rust, cold air, rides like a dream. Though about trading many times in the last ten years--but why??? Thanks Ford for making a quality product--amazing! No wonder Ford's the only domestic manufacturer making it today. We know why, too.

Cruising '93
By Scott on 07/09/09 09:01 AM (PDT)

1993 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I bought this because I travel as a consultant and driving the small rentals gave me a backache on my 1000 miles trips...this 1993 Lincoln is excellent for comfort and at 60 mph I get 28.9 mpg, and still obtain a respectable 22 mpg at 80 mph. Only complaint is the small puff of blue smoke when it starts from idling for a period of time, likely valve seals. I am sold on these older Lincolns and the 4.6L is quiet...I still havent heard the engine running it is so quiet...almost spooky...I plan on stiffening the suspension a bit with after maket shocks...Bought the car because of this forum and all the positive comments...

230k miles and still driving
By mugur on 06/01/08 22:20 PM (PDT)

1993 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Only major thing replaced was the rear air bags, $900 dealer cost, that would last longer than the car. Over 20 miles per gallon. If you can, get the Cartier edition and look for the heated seats, sunroof and traction control. Love it so much. Bought it with 160k miles on it and had my dad buy another Lincoln Towncar for himself, 1996 though

Excellent
By santana2k7 on 02/08/08 07:15 AM (PST)

1993 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I bought this car at an auction for $800. It had around 153,000 miles. I put a battery in it and drove it home. It runs extremely smooth. Still has plenty of power. In the 14 months I've owned it i've only had to change the oil and replace the two front tires. I also just replaced the belt tensionor and put a new belt on it. Other than that the car has been trouble free and a good buy.

Great car for the money!!
By BobbyQuik on 07/22/07 16:47 PM (PDT)

1993 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Great performance, loads of room and very comfortable, yet I get 24 mpg with mostly highway driving! Car now has 127,000 miles and has only had the power antenea fail.

Design Flaw $600 to replace heater hose!
By ezrider on 07/22/05 14:32 PM (PDT)

1993 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

Soon after I bought this car I noticed a small loss of coolant from the reservoir but nothing underneath the vechicle. Periodically I would need to add some coolant. No more than a gallon over the passed 14 months. Recently I noticed the level dropping more. Turns out there is a leaking heater hose above the block but below the intake manifold in the center of the engine. Replacing this hose requires removing the intake manifold from the engine! Dealer repair est. of $600! The EGR valve is also located in a hard to reach spot. Once in a while times the tranny downshifts unexpectedly on level roads. Only some of the wiper speeds work and stop working when using the turn signal. Scary.

Loving my Lincoln
By geminilaf1234 on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I recently purchased this vehicle from an elderly coupled that traded for a 2003 model. The car is in excellent condition (interior and exterior). I replaced the tires and upgraded the audio system as the cassette player was antiquated. Additionally, there was slight wear on the front/rear bumpers. I had both repainted and replaced the chrome stripping. Otherwise, the exterior and interior are flawless

lincoln town car
By jamesSZ on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

This is the best riding car that I have owned in 40 years.

lovin my lincoln
By geminilaf on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

it may be a 93, but I love my Lincoln. Like selling them, too.