Used 1992 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Mom and Dad s Car
By edwardgoins

1992 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

My Father loved this car so I have kinda inherited it Love this car Looks and drives like a new one of course have replaced a lot of the components after years needed to be replaced but no CAR PAYMENT but drives and performs like a brand new one A beautiful car with style and class like you are floating on air when you drive it and the ride is amazing for others can't believe its a 92 and in such great shape Like anything we have you have to take care of it and it will last Like I said spent a few bucks on making sure I have a quality car That I am proud to drive

I Love my lincoln
By frank

1992 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

I have had many Lincoln's since 1969 mark 3. I bought this car, all white, blue interior when it had 291,000 miles on it. That was over six years ago. I now have over 369,000 miles on it. Starts every day and runs perfect. Make sure you change the oil on that speedy, dependable 4.6 engine. Couldn't believe it when I check to see if if qualified for "cash for Clunkers" ( wasn't going to sell just curious) if didn't qualify. Overall gas mileage too high. Had a good laugh with my boss, when his 2009 Escalade did qualify. my daughter has exact same car, my son wife has a mark and he has two town cars. In the words of a Russian immigrant. He said " They last forever.

Delighted long term owner
By Fred

1992 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

We have driven this car over 100,000 miles and are constantly amazed at its comfort, exceptional ride, and overall durability. I still drives the way it did when we brought it home from the dealership. It burns a bit of oil between changes, has had some A/C problems, and had to replace the air suspension bags and sensors. Quality of exterior finish is excellent. Has a better feel and ride than the 1992 Cadillac I owned just previous to buying this.

Favorite Features

Ride, spaciousness, number of fine touches and features like combination door unlock and trunk pull down.

Suggested Improvements

Could use outside temperature guage and compass in dash. Overall size is huge compared to most cars but that provides interior space.

Complete satisfaction
By Fred

1992 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after selling my 1992 Cadillac DeVille. The Caddy had livelier performance but the Lincoln has the ride and feel of a real luxury car. We have now owned this vehicle for ten years, and my wife refuses to give it up for a newer car. Its previous owner was a funeral home. They pampered it, and so have we. We have been rewarded with a very reliable and enjoyable car. It still gets 23MPG on long trips - the same as our 2002 T-Bird and 2005 Buick Terraza. The combination lock/relock is a real favorite feature not available on other cars. The car is not fast off the line but hits its stride at 55MPH. The finish still shines like new. It rides like new. Mark us satisfied

Favorite Features

Combination remote locking system,leather seats, roomy trunk, chrome rearview mirrors, excellent ride, radio and cassette, fine touches too numerous to mention.

Suggested Improvements

Slightly smaller overall size, improve air conditioning system reliability

1992 lincoln town car
By steve costner

1992 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

i was lucky to get the proverbial very low mileage little old lady owned car - excellent value for the money

Favorite Features

reliability

Suggested Improvements

power window motor gears are weak