1992 Lincoln Town Car - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
Mom and Dad s Car
By edwardgoins on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

My Father loved this car so I have kinda inherited it Love this car Looks and drives like a new one of course have replaced a lot of the components after years needed to be replaced but no CAR PAYMENT but drives and performs like a brand new one A beautiful car with style and class like you are floating on air when you drive it and the ride is amazing for others can't believe its a 92 and in such great shape Like anything we have you have to take care of it and it will last Like I said spent a few bucks on making sure I have a quality car That I am proud to drive

I Love my lincoln
By frank on 03/13/10 19:47 PM (PST)

1992 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I have had many Lincoln's since 1969 mark 3. I bought this car, all white, blue interior when it had 291,000 miles on it. That was over six years ago. I now have over 369,000 miles on it. Starts every day and runs perfect. Make sure you change the oil on that speedy, dependable 4.6 engine. Couldn't believe it when I check to see if if qualified for "cash for Clunkers" ( wasn't going to sell just curious) if didn't qualify. Overall gas mileage too high. Had a good laugh with my boss, when his 2009 Escalade did qualify. my daughter has exact same car, my son wife has a mark and he has two town cars. In the words of a Russian immigrant. He said " They last forever.

Delighted long term owner
By Fred on 10/21/07 21:21 PM (PDT)

1992 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

We have driven this car over 100,000 miles and are constantly amazed at its comfort, exceptional ride, and overall durability. I still drives the way it did when we brought it home from the dealership. It burns a bit of oil between changes, has had some A/C problems, and had to replace the air suspension bags and sensors. Quality of exterior finish is excellent. Has a better feel and ride than the 1992 Cadillac I owned just previous to buying this.

Complete satisfaction
By Fred on 12/23/05 23:20 PM (PST)

1992 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after selling my 1992 Cadillac DeVille. The Caddy had livelier performance but the Lincoln has the ride and feel of a real luxury car. We have now owned this vehicle for ten years, and my wife refuses to give it up for a newer car. Its previous owner was a funeral home. They pampered it, and so have we. We have been rewarded with a very reliable and enjoyable car. It still gets 23MPG on long trips - the same as our 2002 T-Bird and 2005 Buick Terraza. The combination lock/relock is a real favorite feature not available on other cars. The car is not fast off the line but hits its stride at 55MPH. The finish still shines like new. It rides like new. Mark us satisfied

1992 lincoln town car
By steve costner on 03/09/05 17:56 PM (PST)

1992 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

i was lucky to get the proverbial very low mileage little old lady owned car - excellent value for the money

Lincoln Towncar Review
By Jon Plummer on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

Lincoln built a great Towncar in 1992. I've had to change over the air to the new gas and replace the driver's side window pulleys. Other than routine maintence, this is the extent of my work on the car - very happy!

A used Lincoln is a great value....
By Mike Bodnarchuk on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

Where else can you get a vehicle that has been meticulously maintained, has every option one can think of, and styling fit for a President, for under $5,000. The car floats (thanks to air suspension), and the quality is exceptional. Unlike a Cadillac, this car shares mechanical components with every other Ford, so replacement parts won't kill you. The air susension adds to a beautiful ride that ONLY rear- wheel drive provides. If you like a quick, sporty fuel efficient car, a Lincoln is NOT for you. But, if you appreciate the look of 4000 pounds of American iron, and the feel of a motorized Lazy Boy, then the Town Car is just what you need.

need to know
By Vickey lynn Byrd on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I was told there was a new engine put into this car and it should only be 40,ooo miles on the engine, although the odermeter reads well over 300,000 and now though carfax I find it a gross polluter and can not pass Emissions inspection last one done 2/18/03

It's a Piece
By Missie on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lincoln Town Car Executive 4dr Sedan

To keep it short- it was a year old when we got it, and over a time span of 8 years- 3 transmission rebuilds, of which only one was coverd by dealer, numerous air conditioning problems that were about $1500 each time, numerous other problems inbetween- and at 8 years old and three tranies later the engine died- so much that it could not be repaired for well over the value of the car. Car only had 90,000 miles when it died completely and i think around 40,000 when the FIRST tranies went-

Our over glorified Grand Marquis
By Mr. AJ Gee on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan

Paint peeling along the bottom of the back fender/bumper is due to the friction from the chrome strip and the paint. Sunroof seal was another issue. The seal has a tendency to shrink at the joint leaving a gap between 1/2 an inch to a full inch depending on the seal. Ours was replaced 23 times during the first four years of ownership. Mechanically, the car is reliable and it does not leak a drop of oil (unlike our Cadillac). Unfortunately fit and finish, materials used and dealer service are not superior when compared to our Cadillac.