Used 1991 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Lincoln Town Car Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Old but still a great car.
By RKP

1991 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

Bought the car for $1,100.00 with 97,000 miles on it. Now has 109,000 and I just drive it and have the oil changed every 3,000 miles. Rides better than any new car I have ever owned. Plenty of these old models with low miles and less than $1,500 dollars. When this one quits I will just buy another one. That's cheaper than repairing it.

Ride comfort.

Electrical. Seems all these old Lincolns have some kind of electrical problems. Mine is the wipers mist control. AC/heat blower fan only works on high speed.

Can't be beat
By Olga

1991 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Cartier 4dr Sedan

Have enjoyed this car ever since I purchased it. I am not stretching the remarks, but have absolutely had almost no trouble with it. Had window bearings replaced, ignition worked on in steering column, oil changed every 3000 miles, changed battery once. Also some work in AC. Truly, it is unbelievably a great car and still drives, rides and travels great. Carpeting great. Always use floor pads.

Quiet motor, smooth ride, seats very comfortable on long trips or anywhere, rides over rough road smoothly. A very attractive car with tire case on back of trunk as decor.

Seats could use new leather. Shows like in time they might start to crack. Back seats look great.Few scratches on exterior sides, but they hardly show. People at shopping areas have asked me several times to let them know when I decide to sell it. They think it looks great.

Wonderful Car
By Great Car

1991 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

The 91 Town Car is really a great car, however most of these cars will have rear air ride problems. I replaced my air ride with a conversion kit and have had no problems with the car since then. It handles well, rides smooth, and is very dependable. The Town Car has the quality that you expect in a car, it was built to last and I expect to be driving mine still in the years to come. I just wish that the retail value was a little higher that what it is. If you are looking for a good used car I would recomed the town car with the 4.6 V8 I average about 19mpg. I had a taurus and it only got 21mpg. if you put the two side by side I think most of us would rather have a Lincoln.

Power seat, total wheel base, cabin space, trunk space, power windows, locks, etc. Nice trim.

Coil springs rather than air ride, and more cupholders, or any for that mater.

Reliable, dependable, comfortable
By GR

1991 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

One of the best cars I have ever owned. Ride is better the Mercedes S class. The most reliable luxury sedan in the world.

Ride

Happy Lincoln Owner
By Kidd

1991 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car with 58,000 mi. in 1998. No major problems. Very Happy with the comfortable ride. Problems have been: rear power windows required repair; shifter linkage need repair; uses oil due to wear of valve guides. The car now has 136,000 mi and runs great. I replaces the air shocks at 100,000 miles. And other than normal maintenance that has been it. Very satisfied with the car.

The comfort.

The horn is very hard to find in an emergency, however, this has been adderessed in later years.