1991 Lincoln Town Car - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
Old but still a great car.
By RKP on 07/24/09 20:52 PM (PDT)

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

Bought the car for $1,100.00 with 97,000 miles on it. Now has 109,000 and I just drive it and have the oil changed every 3,000 miles. Rides better than any new car I have ever owned. Plenty of these old models with low miles and less than $1,500 dollars. When this one quits I will just buy another one. That's cheaper than repairing it.

Can't be beat
By Olga on 05/31/08 23:23 PM (PDT)

1991 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan

Have enjoyed this car ever since I purchased it. I am not stretching the remarks, but have absolutely had almost no trouble with it. Had window bearings replaced, ignition worked on in steering column, oil changed every 3000 miles, changed battery once. Also some work in AC. Truly, it is unbelievably a great car and still drives, rides and travels great. Carpeting great. Always use floor pads.

Wonderful Car
By Great Car on 02/02/08 11:13 AM (PST)

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

The 91 Town Car is really a great car, however most of these cars will have rear air ride problems. I replaced my air ride with a conversion kit and have had no problems with the car since then. It handles well, rides smooth, and is very dependable. The Town Car has the quality that you expect in a car, it was built to last and I expect to be driving mine still in the years to come. I just wish that the retail value was a little higher that what it is. If you are looking for a good used car I would recomed the town car with the 4.6 V8 I average about 19mpg. I had a taurus and it only got 21mpg. if you put the two side by side I think most of us would rather have a Lincoln.

Reliable, dependable, comfortable
By GR on 12/08/07 21:10 PM (PST)

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

One of the best cars I have ever owned. Ride is better the Mercedes S class. The most reliable luxury sedan in the world.

Happy Lincoln Owner
By Kidd on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car with 58,000 mi. in 1998. No major problems. Very Happy with the comfortable ride. Problems have been: rear power windows required repair; shifter linkage need repair; uses oil due to wear of valve guides. The car now has 136,000 mi and runs great. I replaces the air shocks at 100,000 miles. And other than normal maintenance that has been it. Very satisfied with the car.

Town Car
By smc1243 on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan

Front end could not be aligned even after rebuilding the front end. Puzzling to Ford also. Comfort and quiet was exemplary. Interior trim very nice - even the kids love it.

Vintage bargain
By billhaack on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan

I picked this car up from a small dealer, in practically mint condition. 101,000 miles on it, and it still looks realitively new. It has run like a champ thru a cold winter, and runs on regular gas just fine.

The Greatest Car
By sonny on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Lincoln Town Car 4dr Sedan

This car is amazing! it's an old model but still drives better than new ones. It accelerates faster than a brand new benz ML 320. It is a smooth ride. relia

1991 Lincoln Town Car-Signiture series
By gardner on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I Purchased vehicle in 1993 with 25,000 miles. It has bee a superb car with only normal, expected repairs. A truly great car! The mileage is now 177,000 miles! I prefer the style of the Lincoln up to 1997. I do not like the 1998 style.1998 style

My TC
By MCinMA on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

Air Suspension had to be replaced. Problems with it at first. After $600 in repairs to fix, it has been a super cruiser. This vehicels travel to VT from MA at least twice monthly during my sons school year. It handles the hills and mountains of NH and VT with minimal if any strain. The 4.6L engine is just right for this vehicle. Would not hesitate buy another. BTW - have owned mainly GM's. With the way this car rides and feels I will be buying another Ford/Lincoln product. Best car I've ever owned.