Used 1990 Lincoln Town Car Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

Great Car!
By Timbo

1990 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

Bought my 1990 Town Car with 145,000 on it and just over 210,000 now. Starts every morning at 20 below or 110. Only issue was the window motors but a common issue. Just a great car. Owned 4 Caddys and they where junk! 5.0 gets 16 in town 23 on hiway. Good enough for me to be in a safe car. These car love miles! 200K is just getting broken in!

Favorite Features

Reliability. Comfort. Cast iron rear drive tank!

Suggested Improvements

Wheres the cup holder? $33,000 car new in 1990 and no cup holder?

Quarter of a million miles and still go!
By Martin Burrow

1990 Lincoln Town Car 4dr Sedan

It's like a tank, it continues to run well. I'm hopeful to make it to 300,000 by next year. The engine is still solid. Unless it gets wrecked, I don't see a problem in getting there. Runs well, great on the highway and I'm surprised to get 21 miles per gallon despite the engine size. Not sure I would buy another one used because I would be uncertain of it's maintenance. But, this one is definitely worth keeping around until it dies.

Favorite Features

Comfort and stability. With the new, smaller cars on the road, people pretty much get out of your way with this 18 foot monster.

17 years old and running good
By cm51389

1990 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I am only 18 years old and have had this car for a year and it is of great quality. I bought the car because I liked the body style and 1990 was the only year of that style with the 5.0 in it. This car is one powerful luxury vehicle even if it is 17 years old. It only has 84,000 miles on it and it seems like it will run for many more years. With the right maintenance these cars run forever. I have only had minor problems and one major problem. Minor problems were rear window regulators, which is common with these, antenna and truck lid motors giving out, and exhaust pipe rusting. Major problem was the airbag sensor because of the cost. All in all this is one safe, powerful, and spacious car.

Favorite Features

Power everything, digital dashboard, automatic a/c and heat, air-ride suspension, spacious interior and trunk, safety and body size, overall power and performance of this car.

Suggested Improvements

None but bring back the 5.0

I'm only 37. Why do I love this car?
By gainternetguy

1990 Lincoln Town Car 4dr Sedan

I love this car. I bought it from my mother-in-law who wanted a new Honda Pilot. She hates the Pilot; I love the TC. The ride is great and my Dad is 6'6" tall and is able to ride in comfort. Avg 25 mpg on HWY when properly driven. Drives and rides like a dream. Was supposed to be extra vehicle, but I drive it often. I teach school and transport students and luggage. I LOVE the huge trunk. My mother-in-law wants the car back. She can't have it.

Favorite Features

Comfort, driveability, safety, decent mpg for a large car, timeless design - a classic. People know that it is a Lincoln. Why do all cars now have to look the same?

Suggested Improvements

Just a few problems. The p/w switches constantly need replacing; the A/C needs recharging each year; the air suspension light comes on and the dealer finds no problem; the outside temp gage always reads -40 degrees (I live in Georgia). I have to be picky to find problems. PW switches are expensive

Great car for 16 yrs old!
By Duane

1990 Lincoln Town Car 4dr Sedan

I was looking for something with room for grandkids, great ride and some fuel economy. Found it with this car. Lots of room, super ride with the air bags. And the car returns 22 mpg. It does wallow in the turns but it is a luxo car not a sports car. I love the retro interior and the leather, cloth combo wery nice. Since I know Ford products well I'm not worried about repairs when they come up. If your concerned about replacement costs for the air springs a pair runs around $100 not bad at all. This car is very quiet, all in all a super buy. If you want to spoil yourself for little money look for one of these. If you want max economy buy a micro car with no comfort.

Favorite Features

Retro interior, digital dash, message center with instant mpg, avg mpg, 2 tripmeters and outside temp! Super comfortable seats with for real room for 6 adults! Love the auto climate control too! The 302 gets it around okay and mileage is pretty good.

Suggested Improvements

A little more torque would be nice. I would like a bit more tightness in the supension during turns in and out of parking lots but I can tweak that. Some adjustable lumbar support, comes as an option would have been a nice standard feature.