1990 Lincoln Town Car - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
Beautiful, classy ride
By Ruskio19 on 08/04/05 22:31 PM (PDT)

1990 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car a year and a half. I bought it for around $2300 with 140K on it, and I've put around $3K into it and 34K on it. The air suspension needed replacing the day I got it. Also the fuel pump. The dealer charged me a lot to fix these. Now I go to a small shop. I've replaced the AC clutch, the water pump, the evaporator core and the condensor on the AC. Converted it to R134 coolant. Last week the driver's power window and the AC (prob. the compressor) went out. I love the car and hate to give it up, but it's hot outside and these repairs are adding up. Still it's been cheaper than buying even the cheapest new car.

Love at First Drive
By Milehighdan on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

Always wanted a big car with a good ride. I was shopping for my wife a new van and the dealership had just taken it in on trade. It was Love at First Drive (92,000 miles). Looked at the car on Monday and bought it on Wednesday. Much better fuel economy than advertised. Fantastic Ride. But at 156K it started falling appart (lots of little stuff),then the from the mechanic... Crank & Cam sliding back and forth, computer can't ajust timing. Wish I'd bought it New.

Incredible longevity
By BigMikeFL on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car used in 96 with nearly 100K on the odometer. It was to be a second car and would receive little use. It has been so comfortable and reliable we started using it as the everyday car. It is a pleasure on long trips and is a decent daily commuter. It is the last of the OHV (302) engines and is of a proven design. Currently have over 205K on it and have only performed routine maintanence, tires brakes, plugs, filters, etc. It is the last Town Car to have the heavily bolstered seats. It is like sitting on a cloud, everywhere you drive. It is a shame that this exact model has been "improved and updated" I would never own a different model car.

I LOVE IT!!!
By Chuck44 on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Lincoln Town Car 4dr Sedan

I have only owned this car a month. I am in love with it! The ride is smoothest I have ever expirenced. While it may be a 1990 and has 130,000 miles it runs like a champ! The best used car I ever bought!

ggrrreat
By Dcn on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Lincoln Town Car 4dr Sedan

142800 miles runs like 20,000 5.0 engine is great

I THINK ITS THE SMOOTHEST DRIVE
By tylor on 02/28/02 03:33 AM (PST)

1990 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I THINK THE 1990 LINCOL CONTINENTAL HAS THE SMOOTHEST RIDE NEXT TO THE MARK 8. ITS FUEL IS ALRIGHT. INTERIOR HAS ITS OWN STYLE. DEPENDABLE CAR.