1990 Lincoln Town Car Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
Tightest Ride I've Ever Owned
By Pork Chop on 12/11/08 21:08 PM (PST)

1990 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

At first it wasn't my favorite body style, bought it because it was cheap. But boy, how it has grown on me! I'm known to own Fords and my favorite was a '77 LTD, but this one has definitely taken it's place, big time! The tires and Dayton wires add to fun of displaying it, and it is exceptionally clean. Couldn't have found a better car especially for the money I payed. Great investment!

Great Car!
By Timbo on 07/23/08 18:42 PM (PDT)

1990 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

Bought my 1990 Town Car with 145,000 on it and just over 210,000 now. Starts every morning at 20 below or 110. Only issue was the window motors but a common issue. Just a great car. Owned 4 Caddys and they where junk! 5.0 gets 16 in town 23 on hiway. Good enough for me to be in a safe car. These car love miles! 200K is just getting broken in!

17 years old and running good
By cm51389 on 02/26/07 18:41 PM (PST)

1990 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I am only 18 years old and have had this car for a year and it is of great quality. I bought the car because I liked the body style and 1990 was the only year of that style with the 5.0 in it. This car is one powerful luxury vehicle even if it is 17 years old. It only has 84,000 miles on it and it seems like it will run for many more years. With the right maintenance these cars run forever. I have only had minor problems and one major problem. Minor problems were rear window regulators, which is common with these, antenna and truck lid motors giving out, and exhaust pipe rusting. Major problem was the airbag sensor because of the cost. All in all this is one safe, powerful, and spacious car.

Love at First Drive
By Milehighdan on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

Always wanted a big car with a good ride. I was shopping for my wife a new van and the dealership had just taken it in on trade. It was Love at First Drive (92,000 miles). Looked at the car on Monday and bought it on Wednesday. Much better fuel economy than advertised. Fantastic Ride. But at 156K it started falling appart (lots of little stuff),then the from the mechanic... Crank & Cam sliding back and forth, computer can't ajust timing. Wish I'd bought it New.

Incredible longevity
By BigMikeFL on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car used in 96 with nearly 100K on the odometer. It was to be a second car and would receive little use. It has been so comfortable and reliable we started using it as the everyday car. It is a pleasure on long trips and is a decent daily commuter. It is the last of the OHV (302) engines and is of a proven design. Currently have over 205K on it and have only performed routine maintanence, tires brakes, plugs, filters, etc. It is the last Town Car to have the heavily bolstered seats. It is like sitting on a cloud, everywhere you drive. It is a shame that this exact model has been "improved and updated" I would never own a different model car.

I THINK ITS THE SMOOTHEST DRIVE
By tylor on 02/28/02 03:33 AM (PST)

1990 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I THINK THE 1990 LINCOL CONTINENTAL HAS THE SMOOTHEST RIDE NEXT TO THE MARK 8. ITS FUEL IS ALRIGHT. INTERIOR HAS ITS OWN STYLE. DEPENDABLE CAR.