1990 Lincoln Town Car - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:
Love this car
By Razor on 07/04/10 16:28 PM (PDT)

1990 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4dr Sedan

Have had several big Ford products, 71 LTD, 77 LTD, 89 Town Car, now this. They are indestructible. Best engine-transmission combo available. Replaced rear air shocks with Strutmaster kit; HIGHLY recommended. Magnificent ride and handling. 22 mpg mostly city driving with limited S&G. Beautiful design, well cared for by previous owners. transmission overhaul at 140k; 5.0 engine rocks. Few problems now; headliner, one rust spot, some paint fade (my fault). Turns old enough to drink this fall but is a teetotaler regarding oil. 150k now, will likely double it with care and feeding. It might outlive me, and I wouldn't mind being buried in it.

just 2 things - Air Bag Shocks
By Bill on 01/11/10 03:01 AM (PST)

1990 Lincoln Town Car 4dr Sedan

Drove this car all over Canada and elsewhere.. Had just put in new air bags for the shocks... Which, by the way, is a recurring probem to replace the airbags for the shocks at $500. the bags rub and eventually HAVE to be replaced. How often depends on conditions 45k-80k. Now the $500 airbag motor needs replaced. Starter went out before 80k. The power windows are slow or don't work. Battery sets in opposite direction than most cars. Paint job fades fast, the worst I have ever seen. Interior ceiling falling out. Speaker covers falling off. Everything around the engine will fall off before the engine itself ever dies. This car is a money pit and the low price can easily be $3k+ in repairs.

Smartest Car Purchase of my life!
By M Carmon on 09/24/09 19:14 PM (PDT)

1990 Lincoln Town Car 4dr Sedan

Purchased used with 55K on it. Best ride ever, leather seats and 6 way adjustable seats. The air shocks replaced at 115K, water pump is a pain to change. AC needs to be recharged, the ex. temp gauge is defective, etc. All the little things that don't work now still won't make me trade this car. Mileage 27 mpg at 55 mph, 24 at 65. Combined city plus highway is 20.5 MPG. I have 244,500 miles on it, still passes emissions like new, original transmission.

Tightest Ride I've Ever Owned
By Pork Chop on 12/11/08 21:08 PM (PST)

1990 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

At first it wasn't my favorite body style, bought it because it was cheap. But boy, how it has grown on me! I'm known to own Fords and my favorite was a '77 LTD, but this one has definitely taken it's place, big time! The tires and Dayton wires add to fun of displaying it, and it is exceptionally clean. Couldn't have found a better car especially for the money I payed. Great investment!

TownCar1
By TownCarOne on 10/15/08 18:14 PM (PDT)

1990 Lincoln Town Car 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for five years. She is a strong good car and excellent at performance for that type of vehicle. I have had her customed by putting my own paint job on her. I didn't like the original silver/grey look (kinda meloncholy) the 5.0 is very very approiate for the STD model kickbutt passing gear and steady at 55 mph great milage for that size of car! I love the size of the interior (much better than my mom's Oldsmobile!) The trunk space is large enough to hold my toolbox and lots of backpacks (plus i like to lay in it during the summer nights) Although it's a Town Car it's really meant for the interstate.

Great Car!
By Timbo on 07/23/08 18:42 PM (PDT)

1990 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

Bought my 1990 Town Car with 145,000 on it and just over 210,000 now. Starts every morning at 20 below or 110. Only issue was the window motors but a common issue. Just a great car. Owned 4 Caddys and they where junk! 5.0 gets 16 in town 23 on hiway. Good enough for me to be in a safe car. These car love miles! 200K is just getting broken in!

Quarter of a million miles and still go!
By Martin Burrow on 06/06/07 21:23 PM (PDT)

1990 Lincoln Town Car 4dr Sedan

It's like a tank, it continues to run well. I'm hopeful to make it to 300,000 by next year. The engine is still solid. Unless it gets wrecked, I don't see a problem in getting there. Runs well, great on the highway and I'm surprised to get 21 miles per gallon despite the engine size. Not sure I would buy another one used because I would be uncertain of it's maintenance. But, this one is definitely worth keeping around until it dies.

17 years old and running good
By cm51389 on 02/26/07 18:41 PM (PST)

1990 Lincoln Town Car Signature 4dr Sedan

I am only 18 years old and have had this car for a year and it is of great quality. I bought the car because I liked the body style and 1990 was the only year of that style with the 5.0 in it. This car is one powerful luxury vehicle even if it is 17 years old. It only has 84,000 miles on it and it seems like it will run for many more years. With the right maintenance these cars run forever. I have only had minor problems and one major problem. Minor problems were rear window regulators, which is common with these, antenna and truck lid motors giving out, and exhaust pipe rusting. Major problem was the airbag sensor because of the cost. All in all this is one safe, powerful, and spacious car.

I'm only 37. Why do I love this car?
By gainternetguy on 05/19/06 19:32 PM (PDT)

1990 Lincoln Town Car 4dr Sedan

I love this car. I bought it from my mother-in-law who wanted a new Honda Pilot. She hates the Pilot; I love the TC. The ride is great and my Dad is 6'6" tall and is able to ride in comfort. Avg 25 mpg on HWY when properly driven. Drives and rides like a dream. Was supposed to be extra vehicle, but I drive it often. I teach school and transport students and luggage. I LOVE the huge trunk. My mother-in-law wants the car back. She can't have it.

Great car for 16 yrs old!
By Duane on 04/24/06 07:35 AM (PDT)

1990 Lincoln Town Car 4dr Sedan

I was looking for something with room for grandkids, great ride and some fuel economy. Found it with this car. Lots of room, super ride with the air bags. And the car returns 22 mpg. It does wallow in the turns but it is a luxo car not a sports car. I love the retro interior and the leather, cloth combo wery nice. Since I know Ford products well I'm not worried about repairs when they come up. If your concerned about replacement costs for the air springs a pair runs around $100 not bad at all. This car is very quiet, all in all a super buy. If you want to spoil yourself for little money look for one of these. If you want max economy buy a micro car with no comfort.