Used 2011 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

Really enjoy it!
By phillip_g

2011 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is not a sports car nor is it a hybrid-if that is what you are wanting this is NOT the vehicle for you. It is a luxury, truck-based SUV...Its BIG...very comfortable, hauls a lot of your closest friends and family and 9000 pounds if you need it to. Not as hard to park as Edmunds would lead you to believe, actually has a great turning radius. With the Front and Rear parking sensors and back up cam you should have no issue with parking unless your trying to land in a "compact only" space. We had a 2006 Model and had no major issues with it other than normal wear-Very happy with the choice we made to purchase this one-Lincoln Certified Program is excellent.

Did I mention it is BIG...I really like the Sync Navigation system, easy to use-however it doesn't play well with an iPhone for certain features like text messaging but that is not a deal breaker for me. No issue with pairing an iPod or using bluetooth music. The very back rear seat is actually more comfortable than the middle captain chairs and the electric fold flat feature is nice giving you plenty of space for trips to Lowe's or a ton of luggage for road trips. There are 8 cup holders and they will all hold a Supersized cup easily. We have the rear DVD/TV players in the headrests but they never get used. If you have kids I'm sure this feature would be a nice one.

Really wish it had the larger Ford F-150 engine. 5.4 V8 engine is underpowered for the vehicles size and weight especially when you have a loaded trailer hooked up. I do wish it got better gas mileage but we didn't buy it for that. Averaging about 16.1 mpg on the hwy and 15.6 in town. Glove compartment is small but has two large compartments in-between the front and middle seats.

2011 Navigator 4x4
By suv15

2011 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is our first Lincoln Navigator after owning 3 Ford Expeditions. Our Navigator is White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat. The color shows very little dirt. After putting 200,000 miles on our last 2005 Expedition (and it was still going strong), we upgraded to a Navigator. With 4500 miles on our new Navigator, we hope this SUV proves as "Ford tough" as previous Expeditions. We very much enjoy our Navigator, and have absolutely no buyers remorse. However being very pleased with three Expeditions (the last being an Expedition Limited), I am not certain the "Lincoln" brand is worth the additional cost. However, the Lincoln Navigator definitely turns more heads than a Ford Expedition.

Therefore our 2011 Navigator's features are familar and appreciated. We enjoy the Navigator's smooth, solid ride and spacious interior. Lots of room for people, storage and long trips. The raised view of the road is also something we enjoy. Living in the midwest, we would not be without the 4WD feature. The select option is mandatory...no AWD! The THX sound and navigation system are impressive. We enjoy using our iPods, and the cell phone speaker phone is excellent. The voice control for sound and navigation is very nice, and it's great not to have to use multiple CD's on a trip. Another feature my wife enjoys is the power lift gate we did not have on previous Expeditions.

One feature we would change is the shift mechanism on the center console. This location consumes storage space we enjoyed for random items on previous Expeditons. Now all we have are two cup holders. Better to keep the shift mechanism on the steering column. It would certainly be nice to have better gas mileage, but this is an understood trade-off for the extra comfort, size and space. A hybrid option as with Cadillac or GMC would be nice. I have been very reluctant to use the ethanol flex fuel option. The Ford/Lincoln durability, low maintenance and reliability has been proven with three previous Expeditions, and this is why we made the correct choice with a Ford/Lincoln SUV.

A Great Navigator L 4x4
By rewaters

2011 Lincoln Navigator L 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 2011 Navigator L 4x4 is a Ingot Silver exterior and Charcoal Black interior beauty with 20" wheels and tires. This is my first Navigator L 4x4 after having had 14 Town Cars, an Aviator and a MKS AWD. The interior and exterior design, style, build quality, comfort and convenience are outstanding. I have no problems accessing and using all of the Navi's features with ease. The THX sound system, Navigation system and Sync capabilities are also excellent. The ride, handling, performance, reliability and responsiveness of the Navi are also outstanding. Highway, suburban and city driving is easy, comfortable and enjoyable. I highly recommend the Navigator L 4x4 to everyone.

On the exterior the power running boards, power liftgate, power mirrors, moonroof, rain-sensing wipers, HID lights, fog lamps easy fill gas tank and roof rack are great features that I appreciate. On the interior the quality and comfort of the power seats, the ability to set the pedals, storage room, cupholders, ease of access to all of the Navi's features from the driver's seat are major advantages I appreciate a lot. The quiet of the interior is outstanding and passenger comfort is great as well. The handling and responsiveness of the Navi in Highway, Suburban and City driving are outstanding in my experience. The power is there when needed.

Push button start would be a great feature to add to the Navigator. No other recommendations at this time.

2011 Lincoln Navigator Limited Edition
By dlewis3494

2011 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I really like the vehicle. It super comfortable to drive. The one let down I have found is that it only has a single disc CD/DVD player. I would have thought a luxuary car would have a 6 disc player. Quality is some of the best I have seen but some of the SYNC/Navigation system is taking a while to learn. I have had 4 trucks with the SYNC before this one and this one is different. Some of this high tech stuff is hard for us older folks to learn, but the comfort is there.

Interior/exterior appearance and quality is very good. Seats are high quality and very comfortable. Lincoln customer service is great for thanking their time to explain and assist in sertting up the complicated electronic/SYNC/Navigation systems. I really like the remote start when it is very hot or cold outside.

My owners manual does not show the same SYNC/Radio/Navigation system as what is installed on the vehicle. I had to call Lincoln customer service for assistance setting up the systems. This system is very complicated for this old country boy.

Headrests need to go back to the 2006 version.
By lincolndude1

2011 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Recently traded a 2006 Navigator for a 2010 model. The ride is very smooth and handling around corners is fine. As Edmunds has stated, sometimes the transmission can't seem to find the right gear. The biggest complaint is the driver's and front passenger's headrests are way too hard causing this driver a headache. The 2006 Navigator had just the right headrest as it was more adjustable being able to pivot forward as well as up and down and was more cushioned. The 2010 can only move up and down with hardly any cushion. It's hard to understand why auto manufacturers don't stick with a good thing once it's created.

Turning radius is excellent. Power third row seats are perfect. Second row seats are now even more manageable.

1- More engine power to better compete with GM 2 - Transmission gear switching needs drastic improvement. 3 - Something should be done regarding the expensive spark plug changes. Charging a $95/plug to the customer to tap out each plug is exorbitant. 4- Regarding plug changes, when the individual coils go bad as they often seem to do, the coil is warrantied but the plug change is not; however, it stands to reason that a plug will get fouled if the fuel is not burned. The plug change absolutely needs to be included in the warranty.