Used 2008 Lincoln Navigator Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

2008 Lincoln Navigator

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

Luv It
By Laura

2008 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Love it! This is the most comfortable car I have ever been in. When my friends and I go out their Hondas and BMWs stay home and we take my Navigator becuase it's the most comfortable of all of our cars. I love that it never goes back to the dealership. My old Mercedes G500 spent more time at the dealer than with me so this is a wonderful improvement. My husband tells me that my Navigator is based on the same vehicle as his Expedition and he puts over 150,000 miles on them with no problems. I look forward to keeping my car for a long time.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive and great quality. Very comfortable on long trips. Great on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more aggressive wheels like the Cadillac Escalade.

New impression
By TroyD75826

2008 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I am very happy with my new Navigator. It is very comfortable and the build quality is just as good as any other luxury vehicle. Power is more than adequate but on paper is a little wimpy when compared to the Escalade.

Favorite Features

Comforatable seats with a/c in them, folding running boards

Suggested Improvements

Rain sensing wipers, Integrated locking gas cap, diesel or hybird option, more power

My one month experience so far
By bobsmall

2008 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 2000 Expedition before that I bought new, so, I have been driving these beasts for some time. I love the Expedition. There was more leg room in the second row and more head room in the 1st and 2nd rows. I miss my big cubby hole I had in the console since the gear shifter was on the column.

Favorite Features

I love the style of the SUV. I enjoy the heated & cooled seats, power running boards. I can't imagine getting it without the power fold seats. It was difficult to get them back up with the manual seats we tried at the dealership.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo could have had bluetooth built in. More horsepower would have been much nicer. Needs a supercharger. Bad hood design - blows water in the drivers view instead of off the side. Stereo could have some Pre Amp outs so I could keep it and upgrade the rest. Seat memory should be in a visible spot

Lincoln Navigator
By Angel R.

2008 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Rides like a cloud. Smooth ride and handling. Practically no interior noise and wind noise is minimal to none even at highway speeds. Performance is quite good for a vehicle its size. Comfort is excellent. Cup holders and compartments are well placed through out the vehicle and so on. Exterior design is not its strongest point, but overall has an excellent appeal with the 20' wheels and its unique grille design. I would definitely recomend this vehicle and would probably purchase another at some point .

Favorite Features

The navigation and sound system is easy to use and the interior build quality. Also in my opinion the high intensity discharge headlamps are exceptional in night time driving

Suggested Improvements

Maybe an optional two tone color scheme for the exterior, and mirror back-up aid or a rearview camera

My Review
By mercedesamg17

2008 Lincoln Navigator 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

The navigator is a very sharp looking car. Thank God it doesn't look like the Expedition because that is very ugly! Overall great car that is fun to drive and is truly luxury.

Favorite Features

Sharp design is very appealing and easy on the eyes.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage!