2006 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:
Luxury Workhorse
By Charles Robertson on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This beast has been a pleasure. It has hauled our family of seven on several trips to Florida, hauled boats and jet skis, and innumerable trips to Home Depot, while making the trips to the grocery store and school functions with ease. The 4WD/AWD makes it feel very safe in bad weather, and although we haven't needed much in the way of service it was easy to get worked on, no matter where we were (not so much with our BMW!) The power rear seat and video options made this a kid cruiser without equal. This isn't a practical vehicle for everyone, but it was a wonderful choice for us. 40k miles, no regrets.

Lincoln Experience
By Mike Rawlins on 01/19/10 19:40 PM (PST)

2006 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2000 Navigator for a new 06. This is my 25th year to drive Lincolns and this is my last Lincoln. The truck is nice to drive and visually appealing but the fit and finish are terrible. (2) trips to the dealer for interior repair, (3) trips for the Sirius radio repair and finally took vehicle to Visteon retailer for repair (bad unit) (1) trip to fix. The final deal breaker was the left power fold mirror not retracting. The truck was 34 months old and had 36,400 miles and Ford would not provide warranty repair. I was told by the Service Manager that if the mirror glass were broken, and I had glass coverage, they could bill my insurance company. Unbelievable!

Best Vehicle I've Owned
By Gary747 on 06/03/09 23:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Very comfortable to travel in, and definately noticed when on the road. Like it or not, people sometimes DO judge you by what you drive. Sound system, remote folding mirrors, retractable running boards, air- conditioned front seats and electric tailgate all get comments. The third row seating is adult sized, and the electric folding seat option is worth having. With judicious driving I get 18 mpg without much effort, but average 15 mpg. There is a big difference between city driving and cruising with this car. I've maxed 21.7 mpg on one perfect trip to LA.

2006 Navigator, my 4th
By hilnavigator on 12/31/08 03:58 AM (PST)

2006 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

After having a 1998, 2001, 2003, and now a 2006 Navigator, I must say the 2003 overall ride/performance was the best. The 2006 engine noise is more on hard acceleration, the 6 speed transmission still has shift issues, especially in slow traffic, lots of clunking and ruff shifts. My 06 now has only 18,000 miles. Need for premium gas is a negative when gas was running 4 plus bucks a gallon. Could have better ride on rough roads, original Michelin tires ride not as good as Continentals. Replaced with Pirelli 20 in, as supplied on 2007's, nice riding tires, & looks great with 07 rims, but a noisy bumpy ride for first 10 minutes till they round out, but great in snow. Lower radiator hoseclamp failed

Overpriced Bucket of Bolts
By Jennifer on 08/26/08 12:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

So I've had my Navigator for about 2 yrs now and have had it in the shop at least 5 times. The most common issue was the plastic side plate where the seat controls are located. The drivers side has had to be replaced three times and the passenger once. Another annoying issue was the passenger side door. he panel keeps popping off. 3 times for this. After the 1st time it was fixed the seals began leaking. I've now had to have the seals replaced twice. Most currently were the fan control, navigation, and transmission issues. One doesn't expect to have tranmission issues after only two yrs and paying $60K. Other minor issues include the 3rd row vent popping, and 2nd row trim pcs missing.

Recommended
By Jason on 06/13/08 09:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I traded my 2000 Nav in when I purchased my new 2006 Nav and the improvement have been incredible. I've put on 45,000 miles on my 06 and it's never been in the shop once. Very reliable and comfortable. You get a lot for your money, folding 3rd row seats, automatic tailgate, TMX sounds system vs. other luxury SUVs. I would definitely recommend this vehicle for those of you reading my review. I put 98K miles on my 2000 Nav and had no problems.

Very nice vehicle
By kc on 05/15/07 08:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I really love the comfort of this car. It certainly doesn't feel like you are driving a large SUV or truck. The suspension is excellent and the seats are very comfortable. The interior detail is very nice but not great.. The tan carpet shows dirt too easily and doesn't clean up well, quality to improve here. Overall, I would recommend, especially for large families.

Nice!
By Dragon on 05/13/07 10:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle drives like a dream. There is plenty of room for all and setable seat positions for two. I will keep this car till the wheels fall off.

Improvement needed
By Joe on 12/22/06 19:29 PM (PST)

2006 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

My second. 1998 was a quiet, reliable vehicle with over 115,000 miles. 2006 has only 6,000 miles is very noisy up to 60 mph, leaks oil and has a navigation system that works sometimes. Quality has gone downhill. I have been to the dealer 3 times to repair the oil leak. What a disappointment from my previous Navigator.

I love my Navigator!
By Jennifer on 12/11/06 22:09 PM (PST)

2006 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my Lincoln a month ago and I love it. Usually I have buyer's remorse with a large purchase, but not this time. It's so comfortable and drives like a dream. We almost bought the Luxury, but then upgraded to the Ultimate and I'm glad we did. Its like a tank in snow and ice. We drove over icy passes in two states two days after we bought it and its the best winter driving vehicle we've ever owned.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.