2005 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Review: Looking to buy my third

2005 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Review

Ultimate 4dr SUV (5.4L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic)

Looking to buy my third
By bernermom5 on

2005 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I ordered my first Nav sight unseen, 1999...first year of production.. My only disappointment was the second row did not fold flat. Loved the color, cashmere. PERFECT color...never looked dirty. Next 1 folded flat, was a 2005. Had to settle for a lighter color, French Silk...FABULOUS Navigation system...the first was great and the second even better. Intuitive. Not enough cupholders upfront, really wonderful ride. We have 128,000 miles on it as we drive back & forth from South Carolina to NY and it's always a pleasure. It doesn't get more comfortable. Also love the 6 CD player. New models only have single. What's up with that??? Now in the midst of negotiating my 3rd. LOVE IT! (obviously):)

Sound & Navigation System and comfort. Driving long distances are a pleasure. Heated/cooled seats. moonroof. Reliability. Luxurious features and good design (except for only 2 cupholders for the front.)New ones have 4...perfect...as I said...long trips are it's forte'. Love my Dealer Service. Always polite, respectful and do a good job. Also...sits up high and you feel on top of the world. Solid and safe. Really instills confidence in any road situation. Handles like a tank in heavy snow. Doesn't get better. I wouldn't drive anything else with the distances I drive.

Dislike the retractable running boards. Too many issues. Will have next Nav programed to stay out. Retractable running boards not too reliable. Needs more cupholders for front. Built in updating navigation software. I go over bridges that were built a year after the '05 was made and looks like I am floating in the water. LOL New updated Navigation DVD is $200. Should not have to pay additional for updated maps. My 1st Nav took regular gas...the 05 takes premium. New takes regular again, thank goodness. Otherwise...I love the 'Gator'. If you need the room and do a lot of highway driving...this is my only choice. Like driving from your living room easy chair. A pleasure.