Used 2005 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

Love The Nav!
By Don Smith

2005 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great SUV! Retired and travel back and forth to Arizona pulling a 12' cargo trailer. Has plenty of power and not all that bad of mileage considering the trailer. Get 10 MPG pulling the trailer and between 14 to 16 empty. Usually 14 around town. Only thing I would change is to have more storage inside. Console storage is too small as well as door pockets.

Power folding mirrors, navigation system, heated and cooled seats.

More interior storage. And of course would like to get 50 miles per gallon. ha!

Not worth the operating cost
By Homer Gaines

2005 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

The gasoline milage of this vehicle is far below what was stated on the sticker. Lincoln says it's my driving habits, but whether I use a feather on the accelerator or not, it still gets 8 MPG in normal driving, and the best I have gotten on the highway is 14MPG. And that's with a mighty tailwind!

The interior

Tell us the truth about how fuel thirsty these Navigators are. The sticker numbers are inflated.

Great SUV
By Ricardo

2005 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my 2005 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4x4 for about 10 months now. I bought it top of the line, except I didn't get Sirius Satellite Radio. I have had only one problem with it: the right power-deployable running board stopped working and would not retract. I took it to the dealership and they said that it short-circuited. They ordered a new running board for me and replaced it for free. The Touch Screen Navigation system is very easy to use. The THX-Certified surround sound system is like being in a movie theatre! The power liftgate is a great feature (which, by the way, is not available on the Escalade ESV Platinum which is about $5K more). Xenon headlights make the car stand out.

Touch Screen Navigation System, Power Liftgate, Power-deployable Running Boards, Power Sideview Mirrors, THX Surround Sound, DVD Player, Power- folding 3rd Row, Reclining 2nd Row seats, Cashmere Tri-Coat paint (which I paid like $1500 more for), 18-in Chrome Aluminum wheels, and HID Xenon headlights.

Less plastic should be used inside for future models, power seats in 2nd row, heated/cooled 2nd row, doors should unlock automatically when you turn off the car (backseat passengers must unlock door themselves by pulling the lock), also an extended version would be nice.

FishingJoe
By Hubert Van Goeye

2005 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

The main feature I appreciate is the advancetrac. I've made several trips from WA to MT in the winter and it has kept me on the road upright when other 4WD vehicles were in the ditches. It definitely goes in ice & snow. The ABS system is great and I've never had a problem with control when I had to swerve to miss other drivers or animals that wanted in my lane.

The AC/heated seats are great on my trips. It has a great sound system for CD's or radio. It does give one the sense of security when on the road. I like the convience of the powered 3rd seat and tailgate.

The main complaint is since I have no intention of towing anything there should be options for engines,gearing & no tow bar to improve gas mileage.

Just gets better
By nvbanker

2005 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

The 05 has a new engine and transmission that make the truck even better, more responsive, and useful. The 6 speed transmission shifts like butter, and gives the truck some real spunk off the line. I don't think any other truck in this class can touch it.

Power folding rear seat, and air conditioned front seats.

Put back the seat buttons inside the driver's rear door for raising and lowering the folding seats.