2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:
2005 Navigator
By rudy on 08/08/05 13:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

3,000 miles in one month. Great truck for all around use. averaged 17 mpg on highway and 13 in city. not bad for such a heavy truck. Lincoln did very well on the all around design. Looks timeless.

2nd Nav., '05 Best Ever
By Oberwerk on 07/27/05 16:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

After 53K trouble-free miles on my '02 Nav, I thought an '05 Expedition Limited might be just as nice for 10K less. Test drove the Ford and was disappointed- not as nice as my '02 Nav. Then checked out the '05 Nav and was surprised to see how much they've improved. Bought it and have been very pleased. Major improvement over my '02, and I was quite happy with that.

Worth the Wait
By Rayw on 07/13/05 16:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have waited for a couple of years to finally get a navigator (divorce). It was worth the wait. The ride is amazing, the sound quality of the THX Certified stereo is great. The conveiences abound. I research many vehicles and tried out a number. None came close to the Navigator's looks, room or ride.

2005 Navi Ultimate
By njbaran99 on 03/19/05 10:05 AM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

have the Navi for 1 week now and lovethe SUV, so far. Strongly considered QX56/Armada but had concern on the brakes Issues. Also looked at Escalade, but felt too much like a suburban and Durango was just too small. Navi(s) are a highway cruiser if there ever was one. This beast weighs 6,000# which is heavy, but complements the ride and adds to firmness on the road. A little concerned about expected reliability, as some have reported major electrical issues, hope they got all this figured out by the 2005 Model. I got the Navi just under invoice with all available incentives, so it was a bit pricey, compared to some alternatives, but plan to keep it long enough to enjoy as it depreciates.

Navigator Dud
By Derrick Soo on 02/15/05 20:44 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Since taking delivery, this DUD is now approaching 3 weeks worth of repair time. Had to contact Lincoln CEO & DM to get this last service done. Customer service is non-existent and rude. This was my second Navigator, and will be the last. SUV has been in for two major repairs and replacements. First was total front drive system and steering, now Tranny. Had side panels fall off on the freeway and the HID headlights didn't work upon delivery. Lincoln has not been helpful at all. No loaners at Hayward Lincoln.

Love My Navigator
By Tom Webb on 01/27/05 12:03 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the second Navigator we have owned, previously had two Suburbans. The Navigator is much more fun to drive, more comfortable on long trips, and over all a better vehicle. We have traveled all over Western USA, through all kinds of weather, it is super for all situations. Our friends prefer to have us drive, as it is much more comfortable than their vehicles.

Love My Navigator
By Tom Webb on 01/27/05 12:03 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the second Navigator we have owned, previously had two Suburbans. The Navigator is much more fun to drive, more comfortable on long trips, and over all a better vehicle.We have traveled all over Western USA, through all kinds of weather, it is super for all situations. Our friends prefer to have us drive, as it is much more comfortable than their vehicles.

2004 Navigator Ultimate review
By Steve Stafford on 01/23/05 06:54 AM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Handling is excellent--feels responsive like a much smaller vehicle. Air suspension is flawless--better ride and handling than Cadillac, Tahoe, Dodge--equal to or better than Lexus and Infinity. Interior has much better quality of materials than Escalade, almost the equal of Lexus. Third seats have excellent leg room. Power third seats, power tailgate are pluses. Far more space, power and towing than Lexus. Has low range transfer case. Wants and wishes; More interior storage bins, rear backup camera, Telescoping steering wheel, more bass in stereo system, more interior lights on front floor and in seat storage consoles.

AWESOME SUV
By Rick on 01/22/05 22:58 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Drove many different SUVs, ranging from Lexus 470 to Expedtion. This by far was the best SUV.

PRACTICAL, SAFE, COMFORTABLE, AND FUN!
By Ted Bliss on 01/15/05 15:02 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I spent many months checking out various vehicles before deciding on the Lincoln Navigator. Starting with no limitations on price, make or manufacturer, I initially ruled out many vehicles that did not meet my basic criteria, then proceeded to rank the remaining vehicles on a basis of safety, practicality, comfort, and lastly the "fun" factor. My basic criteria:- minimum seating capacity of 7 or 8, to accomodate family and friends- 4 wheel or all wheel drive available, to visit my in-laws- available safety, comfort and convenience features for long trips The Navigator met or exceeded these basic "requirements" and did it in style. My favorite features are listed in the next section.