2005 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:
What a SUV, What a SUV
By lincoln lover on 06/15/06 13:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is an awesome suv... think only thing i didn't like was the interior color! It rides smooth, fast and Fuel efficent i love the Lincoln!

So/So
By Lisa on 02/01/06 11:11 AM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

After major rebates and 0% financing, car is still upside down after two years of payments. Rattles and clanks noticed from the beginning, service cannot fix. Aftermarket upgrades sold by the dealership installed too low and rattle. When rattle fixed, screw tore interior sunroof fabric. Aftermarket dealership DVD unreliable and not upgraded to play DVD Rs or RW. A nice vehicle but market value dropped after purchase.

"Navie" gator
By embeth on 11/13/05 12:04 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a fully loaded ultimate 4x4 navigtor in june 2005. I had both a 1998 and 2004 eddie bauer expedition prior to this purchase. The navigator's transmission shifting is awesome & smooth. I have 3600 miles on it so far. The engine is not quiet though when it is in park........It's embarrassing to drive up in this luxury suv and the engine can be heard. I am getting that checked asap. Besides, everyone gawking at my gator, or peeking inside the windows when they think i'm not looking.............This suv is close to perfect!

WOW!!!!
By Michael Johnson on 10/18/05 17:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had never considered a Nav, I'm 6'3" - the Escalade was a huge disappointment - dash and emergency brake cut into my shin and leg! Happened upon the Nav by chance. Was very taken with comfort, pick-up and ease of handling! I was surprised by the comments about lacking power, as the "Baby" moves like a bat out of hell and thinks 90 is an appropriate cruising speed. Among the most comfortable and supportive seats I have ever had in a car. I will agree that the gas mileage was a kick in the head -- but considering it's size and weight it could be alot worse. All in all -- an A+ on the car -- which does not extend to the dealership --yuck!

Good to Excellent
By George Hollowell on 09/17/05 13:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

New 6peed automatic trans is a great feature. Engine power is excellent. I pull an RV it has plenty of torque. Economy is excellent for its size. Handling is superb.

Love The Nav!
By Don Smith on 09/14/05 19:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great SUV! Retired and travel back and forth to Arizona pulling a 12' cargo trailer. Has plenty of power and not all that bad of mileage considering the trailer. Get 10 MPG pulling the trailer and between 14 to 16 empty. Usually 14 around town. Only thing I would change is to have more storage inside. Console storage is too small as well as door pockets.

Not worth the operating cost
By Homer Gaines on 08/26/05 09:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

The gasoline milage of this vehicle is far below what was stated on the sticker. Lincoln says it's my driving habits, but whether I use a feather on the accelerator or not, it still gets 8 MPG in normal driving, and the best I have gotten on the highway is 14MPG. And that's with a mighty tailwind!

Great SUV
By Ricardo on 08/22/05 02:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my 2005 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4x4 for about 10 months now. I bought it top of the line, except I didn't get Sirius Satellite Radio. I have had only one problem with it: the right power-deployable running board stopped working and would not retract. I took it to the dealership and they said that it short-circuited. They ordered a new running board for me and replaced it for free. The Touch Screen Navigation system is very easy to use. The THX-Certified surround sound system is like being in a movie theatre! The power liftgate is a great feature (which, by the way, is not available on the Escalade ESV Platinum which is about $5K more). Xenon headlights make the car stand out.

FishingJoe
By Hubert Van Goeye on 08/20/05 14:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

The main feature I appreciate is the advancetrac. I've made several trips from WA to MT in the winter and it has kept me on the road upright when other 4WD vehicles were in the ditches. It definitely goes in ice & snow. The ABS system is great and I've never had a problem with control when I had to swerve to miss other drivers or animals that wanted in my lane.

Just gets better
By nvbanker on 08/17/05 01:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

The 05 has a new engine and transmission that make the truck even better, more responsive, and useful. The 6 speed transmission shifts like butter, and gives the truck some real spunk off the line. I don't think any other truck in this class can touch it.