2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:
Solid.
By t328 on 01/12/13 20:40 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This was my first car, and overall, it's been outstanding. The timeless exterior and interior design are, in my opinion, more attractive than the latest generation. I haven't had trouble with rattles or squeaks, and all of the trim pieces have been extremely durable. It's been very reliable, just a couple of minor fixes here and there. The driving dynamics are reminiscent of a much smaller car, and the acceleration is impressive. The air ride suspension makes Texas dirt roads feel like the Nurburgring. Naturally, fuel economy is a pain; I usually get around 14 mixed. However, I drive pretty assertively and use regular gas. Overall, fantastic vehicle, I just wish I could afford the gas.

Looking to buy my third
By bernermom5 on 11/05/11 19:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I ordered my first Nav sight unseen, 1999...first year of production.. My only disappointment was the second row did not fold flat. Loved the color, cashmere. PERFECT color...never looked dirty. Next 1 folded flat, was a 2005. Had to settle for a lighter color, French Silk...FABULOUS Navigation system...the first was great and the second even better. Intuitive. Not enough cupholders upfront, really wonderful ride. We have 128,000 miles on it as we drive back & forth from South Carolina to NY and it's always a pleasure. It doesn't get more comfortable. Also love the 6 CD player. New models only have single. What's up with that??? Now in the midst of negotiating my 3rd. LOVE IT! (obviously):)

Awesome Truck
By Melissa on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

My navigator is almost 6 years old with 125K miles. Only major repairs so far alternator (Jan 2008) and had to replace rotors twice. Tires lasted 100k+ miles. Truck still rides like new. This is my second Navigator and I would not trade it for anything.

MPG
By edgar on 03/04/10 18:11 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 2005 Lincoln navigator mpg Gauge is going down. When I bought it was reading 13.2 then 12.9 now is reading 12.8. I would like to hear from some one if this is normal or something is wrong.

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT
By Rick on 11/06/09 17:24 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a 2005 fully loaded ultimate 4x2 navigator in September 2009. I had two jeeps and a fully loaded dodge ram pickup prior to this navigator and there is no comparison. I love my navi. It drives like a dream the engine is powerful and smooth. Love the air suspension fills like your riding on air. I will drive it until the wheels fall off and then my next car will be a navigator

Needs to Improve
By ubgoofy2003 on 07/11/09 10:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned Ford products before & this Lincoln has had more things go wrong with it than even a F-150 pickup that I owned previous to this. Too much plastic where strength is needed & the control center(information) is located in such a hidden place, it is almost impossible to read in daylight. The center armrest council is imposible to open, unless you use both hands, & turn your body towards it. It should lift from the side, where it can be done with one hand. For a LUXURY car, the grill is plastic & should not be. I believe a luxury car should be of more quality than this, not just added assesories. The only advantage of this car, over a Isuzu Rodeo, is size. Needs Quality !!!!!

Driving my Beast!
By Linny on 02/05/09 17:55 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had 3 Jeeps, 1 Honda Pilot and none compare to my 2005 Navi. I bought it recently 20,000 miles. Just awesome all the way around. Black in color with all the trimmings...totally loaded. I actually have gotten a little better mpg than I had imagined. Very comfy even in the third road. I am going to invest in the Catch all brand of floor mats to protect the carpet and who could ask for more??? Love it! loVe iT! LOVE IT!

Navigator #2
By bk183 on 11/01/08 20:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I like the look of the Escalade a little better but after test driving 3 different then the 05 Navigator there was no comparison. The Navigator out handled, was quieter, smoother ride, and just easier to drive. Big improvement over my 01 which was no slouch. I have to say, so far this is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

3 Great Years
By Mark L on 07/24/08 22:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Our Navigator is 3 years old with 45,000 miles and has had no issues. The maintenance is very inexpensive but definitely is not fuel efficient, averaging around 13 miles per gallon. Very pleased with this purchase will likely keep this one for at least another 45k miles.

fordwarrior
By Mike Smith on 11/11/06 13:00 PM (PST)

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have been a satisfied Ford product owner for 50 years. I have owned a 2004 and a 2005 Navigator and have been very disappointed in their fuel economy and the quality of construction. The 2006 has had transmission problems from the day it was delivered and it took 17 months for the dealer to get the problem corrected. The brake rotors had to be turned at 7,000 miles, replaced at 10,000 miles, turned again at 27,000 mile and replaced at 30,000 miles. This is on a vehicles that has 95% highway mileage on it. The master brake cylinder had to be replaced at 32,000 miles. The 2006 model is much noisier than the 2005 in terms of wind noise and engine/road noise.

1 2 3 4 5 next »