Used 2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

Love my Navigator <3
By Vinnie

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Absolutely love the Lincoln Navigator this is my 2nd one and I also had the Aviator. I can't say enough about it. It is exactly what I look for in a car. Very true lincolns quote from the 90s which they should still use ..Lincoln ..what a luxury car should be. Anyhow it's wonderful it's just about everything combined into one. Luxury of a sedan the towing of a pick up truck and the room of a minivan. Navigator I believe has to be the best car on the road ..aside from the rolls Royce phantom of course although it has the inspired grill so there you go. The options on the navigator are above and beyond its competitors. Love the keyless entry code pad I use that all the time . No key needed to enter the car! Love how the seats fold flat in both 2nd n 3rd row . It's comfortable no matter which seat you seat in and driving is great with the air ride suspension. Heated and colder seats
Are one of my favorite options along with the parking sensors would not know want to do without them. The mirrors tilt down ward in reverse , can be optioned with power running boards that step out with the door opens , power third row seating folds down , power
Lift gate , amazing sound system for
The radio and DVD player. I love the car. Could
Never imagine not owning one. It's
A head turner for sure everybody loves it and always have attention driving or parking it. Mine is in the pearl tri coat best color with the light ivory interior.
Now for
The cons first is the gas ..i currently am getting only 12mpg however you pay for what you get the quality is unparalleled . The navigator does not have get up and go acceleration because it's so heavy so don't expect a sport car. Lastly the navigator is can be difficult I. Parking lots , drive ways. Most parking spots barely accommodate the navigator properly usually it's tight and risky.
Minimum Matniance never needed anything out of the ordinary. Dealer service is superb
Anyways 5 stars ! American made luxury full size suv best in class forever!

Solid.
By t328

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This was my first car, and overall, it's been outstanding. The timeless exterior and interior design are, in my opinion, more attractive than the latest generation. I haven't had trouble with rattles or squeaks, and all of the trim pieces have been extremely durable. It's been very reliable, just a couple of minor fixes here and there. The driving dynamics are reminiscent of a much smaller car, and the acceleration is impressive. The air ride suspension makes Texas dirt roads feel like the Nurburgring. Naturally, fuel economy is a pain; I usually get around 14 mixed. However, I drive pretty assertively and use regular gas. Overall, fantastic vehicle, I just wish I could afford the gas.

Air ride suspension, cooled seats, flat-folding third row, there's an AUX input on the DVD player (if equipped)

Loud windshield wipers, info center hard to see in bright sunlight, confusing A/C controls, window switches on center console take some getting used to, AUX input on the rear ceiling is a pain.

Looking to buy my third
By bernermom5

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Ultimate 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I ordered my first Nav sight unseen, 1999...first year of production.. My only disappointment was the second row did not fold flat. Loved the color, cashmere. PERFECT color...never looked dirty. Next 1 folded flat,
was a 2005. Had to settle for a lighter color, French Silk...FABULOUS Navigation system...the first was great and the second even better. Intuitive. Not enough cupholders upfront, really wonderful ride. We have 128,000 miles on it as we drive back & forth from South Carolina to NY and it's always a pleasure. It doesn't get more comfortable. Also love the 6 CD player. New models only have single. What's up with that??? Now in the midst of negotiating my 3rd. LOVE IT! (obviously):)

Sound & Navigation System and comfort. Driving long distances are a pleasure. Heated/cooled seats. moonroof. Reliability. Luxurious features and good design (except for only 2 cupholders for the front.)New ones have 4...perfect...as I said...long trips are it's forte'. Love my Dealer Service. Always polite, respectful and do a good job. Also...sits up high and you feel on top of the world. Solid and safe. Really instills confidence in any road situation. Handles like a tank in heavy snow. Doesn't get better. I wouldn't drive anything else with the distances I drive.

Dislike the retractable running boards. Too many issues. Will have next Nav programed to stay out. Retractable running boards not too reliable. Needs more cupholders for front. Built in updating navigation software. I go over bridges that were built a year after the '05 was made and looks like I am floating in the water. LOL New updated Navigation DVD is $200. Should not have to pay additional for updated maps. My 1st Nav took regular gas...the 05 takes premium. New takes regular again, thank goodness. Otherwise...I love the 'Gator'. If you need the room and do a lot of highway driving...this is my only choice. Like driving from your living room easy chair. A pleasure.

Awesome Truck
By Melissa

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

My navigator is almost 6 years old with 125K miles. Only major repairs so far alternator (Jan 2008) and had to replace rotors twice. Tires lasted 100k+ miles. Truck still rides like new. This is my second Navigator and I would not trade it for anything.

All the bells and whistles

Move electronics from the door. Had shortages due to getting wet in heavy rains when entering & exiting car

MPG
By edgar

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Ultimate Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

My 2005 Lincoln navigator mpg Gauge is going down. When I bought it was reading 13.2 then 12.9 now is reading 12.8. I would like to hear from some one if this is normal or something is wrong.

More mpg.