Used 2004 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

2004 Lincoln Navigator

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

Love it
By Ric F

2004 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Wanted a newer vehicle for the family to enjoy and love our Navigator. Spacious, comfortable, and a joy to cruise in around town and on the highway. Highway 16-20 MPG and around town 12-15. But we bought it for the total comfort and enjoyment of a Lincoln. My wife is a teacher and therefore has plenty of room for her compliment of daily needs for the classroom. Seperate controls for audio, video, and climate gives each their own true level of comfort. Not a lick of trouble since owning look forward to its years of service for us.

Favorite Features

Dual everything. Glides on the road due to actual air ride system. Don't have to worry about family in bad weather if they are in our Navigator.

Lincoln Navigator - Essence of Luxury!
By Rahul Kapoor

2004 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned the Ultimate Navi almost three years now and it is unbelievably reliable. I do not want to get rid of it as of now because it sticks out much more boldly than the newer SUVs at this time. SUVs such as the Cadillac Escalade, Hummer H2, Range Rover, Infiniti QX56, Mercedes Benz GL Class, etc... This vehicle is at the top of the luxury chain in my opinion rated bias or not. I have test driven other SUVs and nothing compares to this. It gets me and my family around comfortably and it feels like home even on the road considering the ultimate entertainment system. I have had no problems when driving it and the only thing I see when I drive is heads turning. Overall, this SUV's amazing

Favorite Features

My favourite features contained in the Lincoln Navigator are the powered running boards, the exterior styling, the interior styling is incredible, the powered folding rear seats, the entertainment system, the nice big grille, and just plainly the size of this magnificent SUV is plenty enough.

Suggested Improvements

The suggested improvements are just to remove some of the plastic contained in the interior. Lincoln should start adding much longer lasting and nice looking materials. The plastic is nice, but there should be wooden trim in the middle of the SUV.

Satisfied Owner of several Nav's
By jack

2004 Lincoln Navigator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

This third Nav I have owned. Very satisfied with this and other Navs. Fuel economy is only fair with an Avg. 14.2 MPG.Very good dealer support with few required service items. Dealer has "tires for life" program and recently replaced 4 Mich. tires for Fl tax and labor only. Only feature I did not like, the elec. window controls in center console, has been relocated to door for 07.

Favorite Features

Short turning radius for this large an auto. My Nav had console in 2nd seat which mostly got in the way. Interior very nice.Great rode car, easy to handle, smooth with lots of room. My wife loves to drive the Nav around town or on road.

Suggested Improvements

Window switchs have been moved to "normal" location. Not much else I could suggest.

newer may not be better
By cape codder

2004 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

My '99 Navigator went 45K mile with only a seat heater repair. This ('04) baby now with 40K has issues more often. Head light repairs (3) which is not just a bulb. My local dealer has to order parts which means multiple trips for something that used to be a 5 minute job. Air compressor for front suspension replaced. Both front door glass windows are scratched vertically for which the dealer says I don't keep the car clean. The car went back for bad spark plugs when new. Has a whining drivetrain bearing noise dealer says is the tires. Tomorrow she's going in for ABS and Advanced Trac warning lights. Finding power window switches while driving is a challenge. When it's off warranty it's gone

Favorite Features

nice looking, carries 7 people with gear skiing. love the wood wheel. better ride than old model.electric folding seats.

Suggested Improvements

pay attention to detail. plastic panels around seats look cheap and fall off. Leather is difficult to clean. relocate window switches back to door. Please don't make me buy foreign !

A great & elegant SUV
By cwmobley

2004 Lincoln Navigator Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

The ride is super quiet & ultra smooth. The V-8 engine is very responsive and the vehicle is easy to maneuver for a large SUV. At 34,000 miles, there have been absolutely no warranty issues whatsoever. It has all of the features expected of a luxury vehicle & more. This ownership experience is the best I've had in 50 years when comparing it to Lexus, Infinity, Cadillac, Mercury, Thunderbird, Porche, Corvette & many other Lincoln cars that I have owned. American produced automobiles are now superior VALUES when compared to foreign owned companies. We are now considering a trade for a new Navigator.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.